GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Loved Phaneuf going hard till the end. He was going to run Virtanen into the good seats.

Great all around win.

No style points for Quick though, sad.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm actually surprised Quick got a shut out. He's good for a generational soft goal per game.

Dopee

Oct 29, 2017
jep7idfs_2ihkho_rg2178.png

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Kings have a chance to really put themselves in the drivers seat for a playoff spot with a win tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our game in hand on the Ducks, if we win we are 3 points up on the Ducks with the ROW tiebreaker they would need to get 4 more points than the Kings the rest of the season, it might not seem like it, but it's pretty tough to gain 4 points on a team in 12 games.

Tomorrow is huge.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The Kings have a chance to really put themselves in the drivers seat for a playoff spot with a win tomorrow.

Tomorrow is our game in hand on the Ducks, if we win we are 3 points up on the Ducks with the ROW tiebreaker they would need to get 4 more points than the Kings the rest of the season, it might not seem like it, but it's pretty tough to gain 4 points on a team in 12 games.

Tomorrow is huge.
And unfortunately the yotes are playing well right now Can't overlook them or we'll lose

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Happy the kings are winning but Carter with Reider and Lewis is a waste of Carter.

That's a fast line with no finish. Just getting home from work but they actually played together? Would rather see Brodzinski on the 2nd line than Lewis/Rieder if you don't want guys to score.

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Rieder--Carter--Brodzinski
Pearson--Kempe--Toffoli
Thompson/Clifford--Mitchell--Lewis

Reactions: Legionnaire

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Won 8 of 12, avoiding losing streaks. Keep that up please.

Arizona is playing better, but they've only faced current playoff teams 3 times in their last 13. 3 winnable games this week, points in all 3 would be huge given the tough road trip next week.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Tomorrow is huge.

Especially with all the speedbumps in the way.

You have SJ at 83 and us at 81, but then to the WC, you have Dallas 82, Colorado 80 with a game in hand, Ducks at 80 a game behind, STL at 79(!), Calgary at 78 a game behind. It's a dogfight. And Minny is also at 85 so not like they're out of the woods either.

Tomorrow is as must-win a game vs. Arizona as ever existed.

And unfortunately the yotes are playing well right now Can't overlook them or we'll lose

6-3-1 in their last 10, one of the hottest teams in the league. Beaten SJ and Anaheim so we know it will be a squeaker. Tonight was probably bad practice.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Other thing I really liked tonight--Stevens rolled everyone. Keep em fresh for the 3 in 4. Big guys were the big guys--Drew was at 27:32, but every other D-man was 15:53-20. Kopi was at 20, Brown 18, Carter 18, but every other forward between ~11:30 and 14:48.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Up coming Roadie will be huge. Minnie, Winnie, Avs, and Oilers. Ain't gonna be easy making the playoffs this year.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Kings can't afford to let-up. After the St. Louis loss on Saturday we had four very winnable games. (Van, @Phx, Det, NJ) before that tough road trip. The Kings had to get minimum 6 of those 8 points to feel comfortable, and tonight was a nice start.

That’s been our problem all year, though. A competent performance, maybe even two in a row, followed by a stinker.

They all but wrap up a playoff spot if they win the next three games in a row. But I think we know more about this team than to believe that.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Hopefully the Kings come out in the first period with some real energy, play making and maybe even score a goal. One can dream.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That's a fast line with no finish. Just getting home from work but they actually played together? Would rather see Brodzinski on the 2nd line than Lewis/Rieder if you don't want guys to score.

Iafallo--Kopitar--Brown
Rieder--Carter--Brodzinski
Pearson--Kempe--Toffoli
Thompson/Clifford--Mitchell--Lewis

Disagree, I think Carter, Rieder and Lewis played alright for the first time playing together, they started to get some nice chances,

I think we see this lineup again tonight,

Reactions: yankeeking and Vino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->