GDT: GM#67 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean Clifford should've known he wasn't going to fight with those fresh stitches. But on the same token don't ditch your gloves and throw a shot if you're worried about those stiches.

Off topic but God I hate Faust.

That's more my point, yeah. Same behavior as him suddenly flopping when Forbort stiffened up. Toughest dude in the league until someone gains an advantage on him, then yapping to be saved.

Same general build as Ryan Reaves though, those guys are just linebackers on skates, built like a brick shithouse.

Reactions: RONNIEC

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I mean Clifford should've known he wasn't going to fight with those fresh stitches. But on the same token don't ditch your gloves and throw a shot if you're worried about those stiches.

Off topic but God I hate Faust.

I just can't stand listening to Faust and Jim anymore. Jim has turned into Heyward. Constantly whining about bad/missed calls and sugar coating everything negative. I think he got that cut on his nose from brown nosing the Kings too hard. I get that he's been in the Kings organization forever and cares a lot about the Kings, but it's too much.

And Faust just doesn't know enough about hockey and is way too opinionated for a play-by-play announcer.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I just can't stand listening to Faust and Jim anymore. Jim has turned into Heyward. Constantly whining about bad/missed calls and sugar coating everything negative. I think he got that cut on his nose from brown nosing the Kings too hard. I get that he's been in the Kings organization forever and cares a lot about the Kings, but it's too much.

And Faust just doesn't know enough about hockey and is way too opinionated for a play-by-play announcer.
I don't mind Fox, he's a color guy and color guys are homers. Faust is just way too opinionated for me

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It'd be a lot more tolerable if Jim and Faust called out the Kings / vets when they're sucking..

Jim and Faust (mostly Jim) refuse to lay into the team when they're f***ing up, even coaches and specific players.

Hate it.

In soccer the commentators are so brutally honest and it really helps. They blame players, coaches, refs. They aren't scared to point the finger on their own team / organization

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylo Ren

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I could do without Faust's "jokes" but I really like the way he calls the game. I understand Bob had a lot more experience but he was telling stories and getting off the call all the time during games too.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I could do without Faust's "jokes" but I really like the way he calls the game. I understand Bob had a lot more experience but he was telling stories and getting off the call all the time during games too.
TBH I enjoyed those stories more than comments about faceoff wins and losses.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Fox just doesn't want it to not be 2012 to 2014 again. None of us do, but he's even more part of it than we as fans are. Picked by the Kings, been in the organization for almost 40 years. I would think Fox gets sense of pride from the Cups. Not as much as the current players, but more than us. Which is why he's tried to be so constantly reassuring since the 14-15 season. It's annoying, and it's gotten worse, but I get it. He's a player at heart, not a trained broadcaster. As far as I know, he didn't set out for his current career.

Or Robitaille told him to never be critical again, and just be an empty corporate shill.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Someone already mentioned it, all color analysts are homers, every one of them, but Jim is just way over the top, he is at another level. There is a difference between wanting the team to win and what Jim does, cheering goals, complaining about calls, constantly referring to players by nicknames, saying “we” when discussing the team. These are all things that Sports broadcasters are generally not supposed to do.

Having the option to watch both broadcasts is nice, but other than Jim and Jessie Cohen the Kings run a really good broadcast. Faust is ok, probably middle of the pack in the NHL but getting better, Stoll and especially OD are great analysts and O’Neil while obviously wanting the Kings to win is also fair when it comes to calling the team out when they play poorly.

The crazy thing is, had you asked me 10 years ago I would have ranked Fox as one of the best in the business. Winning the Stanley Cups destroyed his career as a broadcaster.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I much prefer the radio crew over the TV broadcast. Sadly, the audio feed on radio isn't in tune with what's on TV, otherwise, I'd listen to Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans while simultaneously watching the game.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
To me it's not a problem that Jim is a homer it's just that he's much much more of a homer then he was just a few years ago. A little homerism goes a long way but its too much right now and Faust is just too green/unknowledgable to rein it in at all.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Someone already mentioned it, all color analysts are homers, every one of them, but Jim is just way over the top, he is at another level. There is a difference between wanting the team to win and what Jim does, cheering goals, complaining about calls, constantly referring to players by nicknames, saying “we” when discussing the team. These are all things that Sports broadcasters are generally not supposed to do.

Having the option to watch both broadcasts is nice, but other than Jim and Jessie Cohen the Kings run a really good broadcast. Faust is ok, probably middle of the pack in the NHL but getting better, Stoll and especially OD are great analysts and O’Neil while obviously wanting the Kings to win is also fair when it comes to calling the team out when they play poorly.

The crazy thing is, had you asked me 10 years ago I would have ranked Fox as one of the best in the business. Winning the Stanley Cups destroyed his career as a broadcaster.

Also when Quick makes some crazy save. Ohh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad