GDT: GM#67 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Washington Capitals(37-22-7, 81pts, 2nd in Metro) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(36-25-5, 77 pts, 4th in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: LAK 5-2

:kings:caps
PP/PK16th/2nd5th/19th
Faceoffs22nd15th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:27 goals, 44 assists, 71 pointsAlexander Ovechkin: 40 goals, 32 assists. 72 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
NXRBFlb.png

GRWTbZJ.png

Skrmy5l.png

Extras: Kevin Gravel, Paul Ladue, Andy Andreoff, Tobias Reider
Injuries: None!

:caps
CpC8O1o.png

z6lvC2G.png

c7erKut.png

Injuries: None

*Lines Subject to change

News/Notes:
  • Washington's last win here came on Dec. 14, 2005. The Capitals are 0-5-2 in their last seven trips to L.A, scoring two or fewer goals in six of those seven contests.
  • Washington may need to move on from Holtby for a while, as the goaltender's current slump is easily the longest of his NHL career. He was pulled for the fourth time in his last 11 starts on Tuesday, and he has permitted at least one goal in the first period of 13 straight starts. Ten of those first-period goals were the first goal of the game, and 10 of them were scored before the seven-minute mark of the first period. Expect Grubauer to start on Thursday in Los Angeles, which was likely in the cards before Tuesday's loss in Anaheim.
  • The Kings were on route to a 4 game win streak last Saturday as they were up 3-1 over the Chicago Blackhawks, until Drew Doughty minor penalty turned into a 4 minute minor after receiving another penalty for unsportsmanlike like conduct which sparked a Chicago comeback, ending the game 5-3.
  • The Kings have had 4 days off to sit on that loss and will be looking to bounce back. The Kings are currently 4th in the Pacific, but are holding the 2nd Wild Card spot currently.
  • Trevor Lewis looks like he may return to the lineup tonight after missing several games with an upper body injury over the Kings 7 game road trip last month.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Long time off? Gonna start slow.

And the opponents got badly outplayed and got shutout by the Ducks, so couple a determined Caps team with a Kings team that is coming off five days rest.

They're 10-3 against eastern teams at home though. However, the 3 losses are against Pit, TB, and Bos. Beat Toronto.

Slow start, likely. First goal against, likely. Probably better in the 2nd and 3rd, but you have to hope the 1st doesn't bury them too deep. At least it's an eastern team coming into LA.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Rieder hasn't been too hot

just like Jokinen before that
and Cammy before that

we have a hard time finding secondary scoring :(

Sadly, that's exactly the type of impact he's had thus far. It's probably going to take a while for him to fit in. I guess my expectations of another Craig Johnson weren't too far off.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Sadly, that's exactly the type of impact he's had thus far. It's probably going to take a while for him to fit in. I guess my expectations of another Craig Johnson weren't too far off.

Yeah...13 goal pace so far with LA. Can skate well and gets chances but not good at finishing.

Anyone expecting a 20 goal guy was hoping for too much but I'm not sure if anybody was thinking that.

Still, a mid-teens goal scorer with speed that is an RFA. I'm totally fine with it.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah...13 goal pace so far with LA. Can skate well and gets chances but not good at finishing.

Anyone expecting a 20 goal guy was hoping for too much but I'm not sure if anybody was thinking that.

Still, a mid-teens goal scorer with speed that is an RFA. I'm totally fine with it.

Not that I was expecting a bigger jump in offense, but I was hoping to see him create more scoring opportunities and force defensemen to back off more due to his speed. It's still early, but thus far he hasn't been very noticeable, but again, I do think it may take some time for him to integrate himself here and get adjusted to playing with new teammates and a new system.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Not that I was expecting a bigger jump in offense, but I was hoping to see him create more scoring opportunities and force defensemen to back off more due to his speed. It's still early, but thus far he hasn't been very noticeable, but again, I do think it may take some time for him to integrate himself here and get adjusted to playing with new teammates and a new system.

I do agree that he has kind of just been "out there". He did draw the penalty in OT against Vegas though. Should of scored in the Chicago game as well but, instead, he showed off his lack of finish.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Didn't even realize we were still in the NHL

Lmao that made my day.

While Rieder hasn't been too hot I think we need to give him a chance before we dub his as the next Frattin.

I hope Stolls shipment arrived early and it's deep up the boys noses. Hoping for a cocaine fueled first period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->