GDT: GM#33 LA Kings vs New York Rangers@4:00

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(20--3, 43pts, 1st in Pacific) :thumbu:@ New York Rangers(16-12-3, 35 pts, 5th in Metro):thumbd:
Madison Square Garden| New York, NY
TIME: 4:00 PM PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: NYR 3-0 (2016-17)

:kings:rangers
PP/PK25th/1st12th/10th
Faceoffs13th20th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:16 goals, 22 assists, 38 pointsMats Zuccarello: 7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
dGnrXQf.png

0ZdIjlC.png

X2Rtv4n.png

Extras: Andy Andreoff, Oscar Fantenberg, Johnny Brodzinski
Injuries: Jeff Carter

:rangers
bXVJguA.png

zcOm8eh.png

ZyKqtXD.png

Injuries: Mika Zibanejad

News/Notes​
  • The Blueshirts are coming off a 3-2 loss to the Ottawa Senators Wednesday night that saw Michael Grabner net his team-leading 15th goal of the year and Pavel Buchnevich add his 11th tally of the year.
  • Henrik Lundvist is the confirmed starter tonight for the Rangers. Henrik allowed 3 goals on 30 shots in their loss to the Senators on Wednesday. Henrik has lost 3 of his last 5 starts allowing 13 goals on 137 shots (.905 save%). But Henrik is 11-3-2 on home ice this season with a 2.44 GAA and .917 save%.
  • The Kings win streak ends at 8 games after their loss to the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, losing 5-1 in a lackluster effort game. Torrey Mitchell scored the Kings lone goal.
  • Quick will be starting tonight against his his team growing up. Quick allowed 5 goals on 26 shots against the devils. Quick is 8-4-0 this season on the road and has a 2.39 GAA and a .921 save%
  • Marian Gaborik will be playing 1,000 career NHL game tonight. Gaborik started his career with the Minnesota Wild, then signed with Rangers in Free Agency and eventually making his way to the Kings after a trade with Blue Jackets and helped lead the Kings in goal scoring on their way to their 2nd Stanley Cup. Gaborik recently just reached 400 goals and 800 points milestones.
  • Dustin Brown is currently sitting at 997 career NHL games and will play his 1,000th game against at home the Colorado Avalanche. Brown is currently 8th in all time scoring as a Kings player with 244 goals and 288 assists for 532 points.
Tweets of the Game!
There aren't any. They sucked

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened but has JS paired Forbort-Fantenberg this season???
Muzzin-Doughty
Forbort-Fantenberg
Macdermid-Martinez

Forbort-Folin = adventure

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Gaborik is playing in his 1000th game and against one his former team. Major kudos.. hope they can get that win.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened but has JS paired Forbort-Fantenberg this season???
Muzzin-Doughty
Forbort-Fantenberg
Macdermid-Martinez

Forbort-Folin = adventure
Yes, they have been paired. Fantenberg plays right side then. Usually Folin scratches then, not McD. Also, Fantenberg gets the 2nd unit Pp, not McD

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
That Forbort-Folin pairing is such a disaster. Those two are so flat footed. Not as bad as the McBad pairing, but getting there. I think Fantenburg needs to replace one of those two.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Folin/Forbort have been passable. Folin has 1g 2A in his last 5, both have been + players. Folin has looked quite good actually. At least we know they can play together. Kind of hard to complain about a pairing after an 8 game win streak.

Reactions: efhank

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I don't think the 1g and 2A and being +players reflects the damage they do on the ice together. Although we have been on a winning streak, we have frequently been pinned down in our zone for long periods of time. This was a frequent issue during our losing streak as well. I am not placing the blame on Forbort/Folin entirely for this, but their recent play suggests that these two cannot move the puck out of the D zone effectively. Fantenburg, on the other hand, is a much better puck mover and would fit well with one of Forbort or Folin.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Has all the feel of one of those games where the first time a Ranger falls we'll get a penalty since they've hid the whistles so far

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I see we're playing the old laundry defense tonight...hanging poor old Jonathan out to dry. Boooooooooooo.

Let's Go Kings!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad