GDT: GM#32 LA King vs New Jersey Devils @4:00

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
They got ripped in the comments as the game went on. Cocky Kings social media got it shoved right back in their faces.

Cocky? Oh lord.

Just laugh or don’t laugh. I don’t understand the uproar. Obvious joke isn’t so obvious.

As for the game, I didn’t get to watch.. Let’s hope they decide to show up next time.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
There’s quite the banter in the Instagram post. Nice to see them chim back.. I for one think it’s hilarious.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm just going to believe they all had the flu because that was as collective a suck as we've seen all year.

Buuuuut since it was the east coast that we had to suck on, get ready for all the hot takes on how terrible Quick, Kopitar, and Doughty are.

They have 11 shots through 2 periods, 11 shots!

And we are talking about bad luck bounces?

The Kings laid an egg tonight, saying so doesn’t mean they aren’t a great team or they suck, they simply took the night off. This happens to every team in the league multiple games a year, no need to try and blame bad luck. Just call it what it is and move on with the rest of this great season they’ve had.

I mean, that's a lot of hand waving to say you agree with me.

I just said those things aren't mutually exclusive. Nobody is "blaming" bad luck; it's simply an observation. You do this when people point out the refs are having a bad game too and it's not 'blaming' the game on refs, it's just observing that they blow when they blow.

Example: completely flat puck going to Tyler Toffoli for a wide open shot literally jumps perfectly over his stick, lands on Taylor Hall's who is already at 3/4 speed, which is what leads to the Jake Muzzin brain death that leads to a goal.

It was just a perfect storm of bad play (that part's been building) AND bad bounces (that part all hit tonight after going so well for 8 games) that led to total annihilation.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
vwbuOGt.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I have a feeling without Sutter to keep the players emotionally lukewarm, we're going to see a losing streak of at least 4 to 5 games.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Problem with talking about bounces going against the Kings is that it is usually isn't pointed out when the Kings get the same bounces.

Kings lose because of--or mostly due--to puck luck but the Kings are just an amazing team when they win and it isn't because of puck luck.

I'm simplifying it to a extreme, but puck luck shouldn't really be mentioned for a game like last night when the overall performance was complete garbage.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Problem with talking about bounces going against the Kings is that it is usually isn't pointed out when the Kings get the same bounces.

Kings lose because of--or mostly due--to puck luck but the Kings are just an amazing team when they win and it isn't because of puck luck.

I'm simplifying it to a extreme, but puck luck shouldn't really be mentioned for a game like last night when the overall performance was complete garbage.

Didn't say the first part of the sentence and actually went out of my way repeatedly to qualify that we didn't lose the game because of bad bounces so shrug.

To the second, if you really feel that's the case, go back to the Carolina GDT. You won't have to dig far. You'll find a whole lot of 'fortunate to win' sentiment and criticism.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Didn't say the first part of the sentence and actually went out of my way repeatedly to qualify that we didn't lose the game because of bad bounces so shrug.

To the second, if you really feel that's the case, go back to the Carolina GDT. You won't have to dig far. You'll find a whole lot of 'fortunate to win' sentiment and criticism.

I didn't single you out as you didn't blame this particular loss on bad bounces; however, I stand by the statement that there usually aren't a lot of posts stating "good bounces" as a reason for a Kings win. What I'm trying to say is that if the skate was on the other foot, the first goal that bounced right to the Devil's player stick would have been praised as a good play to throw it on net and good on the Kings skater to go to the net and be in the right place at the right time. The Hall goal off the Muzzin turnover would have been praised as great hustle if it was Iafallo scoring the goal in similar fashion, even though it was all about sloppy defensive play.

I will say that I'm not a fan of "yes, but" after a game like this. They played like shit, period. So a puck bounced flat on to their stick and wound up in the back of the net. Good for them...Devils deserved it.

Reactions: lumbergh

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It's great they got to practice outside and have a great time after this debacle. They will be well rested and recharged by Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad