GDT: GM#32 LA King vs New Jersey Devils @4:00

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(20-8-3, 43pts, 1st in Pacific) :thumbu:@ New Jersey Devils(16-9-4, 36 pts, 4th in Metro):thumbd:
Prudential Center| Newark, NJ
TIME: 4:00 PM PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: LAK 3-0 (2016-17)

:kings:devils
PP/PK26th/1st11th/10th
Faceoffs13th30th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:16 goals, 22 assists, 38 pointsTaylor Hall: 9 goals, 20 assists, 29 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
njH6Vhl.png

OsQsV5V.png

X2Rtv4n.png

Extras: Andy Andreoff, Oscar Fantenberg, Jussi Jokinen
Injuries: Jeff Carter

:devils
jHMSNvI.png

rDbkKfN.png

e6gTzE0.png

Injuries: Mirco Mueller, Kyle Palmieri

*Lines subject to change

News/Notes​
  • The New Jersey Devils lost to their rivals the New York Rangers Saturday night 5-2. Damon Severson and Miles Wood were the lone goal scorers that night. Backup, Keith Kinkaid was in goal and made 34 saves on 39 shots.
  • Corey Schneider will start against the Los Angeles Kings. Schneider is currently 11-6-3 with a GAA of 2.72 and a .919 save% and 1 shutout on the season.
  • The Devils have a plethora of rookies making a difference this year. Rookie center and first overall pick of the 2017 NHL entry draft, Nico Hischier, will play his first game against the LA Kings Tuesday afternoon. Hischier has quietly been putting up points and currently sitting at 5 goals and 15 assists on the season and currently 8th in points by a rookie. Another rookie who is making a difference is Jesper Bratt who is sitting 10th in rookie scoring with 9 goals and 10 assists for 19 points on the season. And rookie defenseman Will Butcher has been putting up points from the back end registering 2 goals and 17 assists so far this year.
  • The force was strong with the Kings on Saturday night as they extended their win streak to 8 games after defeating the Carolina Hurricanes in overtime thanks to Tanner Pearson. Tyler Toffoli and Anze Kopitar scored the other 2 goals.
  • I'm assuming Quick will get the start in goal against the Devils. Quick is currently 15-7-1 on the year with a 2.18 GAA and a .930 save%.
Tweets of the Game!

LA Kings on Twitter
LA Kings on Twitter

And just to reminisce

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rushes, sans Kempe:<br>Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown<br>Pearson-Shore-Toffoli<br>Gaborik-Mitchell-Lewis<br>Clifford-Jokinen-Brodzinski<br>Andreoff<br><br>Muzzin-Doughty<br>MacDermid-Martinez<br>Forbort-Folin<br>Fantenberg <a href="Jon Rosen on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/gpkG4OzkuH</a></p>&mdash; Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) <a href="">December 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Looks like Kempe is TBD, he was sick for the team skate but Rosen says he's getting better. May or may not be playing tonight.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In retrospect, my comment about how screwed we are without Kempe shows how much he's grown. Even when he's not scoring, he's a presence, and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Love his game and he's ever-growing. Gonna be so nice to have Carter back eventually too, but missing Kempe at this point would hurrrrrt.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I feel it to be pointless to post das boot and das horn without Kempe. What a bummer.

He has to play. Or else.
e9Pq4pT.gif

2rH6zf.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Holy shit, Martinez re: the 2012 SCF:

"“I remember the biggest thing was how hot it was in this building,” he said. “We were leaking, and guys were getting IVs in between periods and after the game, on the plane ride home. I cramped up so bad in overtime when I came to the bench that my legs were just completely straight, and I was, ‘oh, man, this is going to be bad,’ and then Kopi ended up scoring the very next shift in overtime, and I was just, ‘thank goodness.’ That’s the biggest thing – just how hot it was. I think they kind of had a heat wave, and the rink wasn’t able to adapt in time, so it was pretty foggy and the ice was soft.”"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->