GDT: Gm#31 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Fun night, Star Wars night, and Quick was using all of his Jedi skills.
3 minutes in your own zone in O.T and don't give up a goal, clearly the force was strong in the Kings tonight.

Oh and the Star War's jerseys they auctioned tonight went for crazy dollars, Kings Care Foundation, made lots of dollars tonight, good for them.

And came out to my car tonight and windows were in tact. :thumbu:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
He thought the Kings touched the puck along the boards, so whistle should have been blown at that point since there was a delayed penalty.
Was at the game it looked like a King touched, and tossed it toward the blue line
Kings touched the puck a couple of times briefly, but they did not control it. The refs were correct in not blowing the whistle.

Reactions: 21Dog

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
We were outworked and outskated most of the night. Kings fortunate to come away with two points. Quick the difference once again. Just shows the only thing the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning in regulation.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

-Finished 4th overall in 80-81, and had a guy at +82, and a guy at -44, on the same team.
-4th overall again in 88-89. Gretzky's first year, and Nicholls had his 70 goal season.
-Couldn't sustain it in 92-93. Finished middle of the pack. Then Gretzky put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs.
-Couldn't really sustain it in 13-14 either, then went on maybe the craziest playoff run of all time.
-Faded in the 2nd half in 15-16, finished with a whimper.

12-7-12 in regulation in 13-14, and 13-9-9 in regulation in 15-16. This year, they're 14-8-9 in regulation. 6 out of the 20 wins are in 3v3 OT or the SO. Not quite the same as the 80's or 90's, but I get why PR would throw that out there. Even if 3v3 can be considered somewhat normal play, they're still 2 wins short of 20 with the even more random SO. I get it though.

Still, a +82 and a -44. Crazy. Nobody else had a difference that big that year. But damn, the Winnipeg Jets back in 80-81. They had a -61, a -57, a -54, a -47, a -40, a -39, and it just keep going. They did have only 32 points as a team though, so it makes sense. Oddly enough, taking out OT/SO points, the Coyotes are on pace for 38 regulation points this year.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Another entertaining game to watch. Again, hard to find legit complaints about this team, gotta tip my hat to Rob Blake, had some serious questions about his moves and his lack of moves and Blake has reminded me once again why I'm not the GM and just a guy who watches games on my couch.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kopitar is 3rd in league scoring only behind Stamkos and Kucherov.

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

Though I'm sure he'll have a stretch where he has like 2 points in 15 games as usual.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Another entertaining game to watch. Again, hard to find legit complaints about this team, gotta tip my hat to Rob Blake, had some serious questions about his moves and his lack of moves and Blake has reminded me once again why I'm not the GM and just a guy who watches games on my couch.

While we are all just watching games on our couches, Blake's best moves were Kopitar, Brown, Kempe at least mitigating the loss of Carter, and Quick. Nobody had Kopitar producing at a 40 goal, 100 point level through the first 30 games. Did anyone think Brown, even in the best case scenario, would be on a 70 point pace? Don't beat yourself up too much. If this keeps up, the only question this year is, not whether, but how much of the future do you give up to try and win the Cup again?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm still reeling from the posts that claim Doughty and Subban are the same. There are so many clueless idiots on the main boards.

Then you go into a different thread and hear Subban is the 3rd/4th best d-man on Nashville, so by transitive property Josi, Subban, Ekholm, and maybe Ellis are all better than Drew Doughty.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad