GDT: Gm#31 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Carolina Hurricanes(11-10-6, 28pts, 8th in Metro) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(19-8-3, 41 pts, 1st in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 PM PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: LAK 3-0 (2016-17)

:kings:canes
PP/PK25th/1st29th/29th
Faceoffs13th1st
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:15 goals, 21 assists, 36 pointsTeuvo Teravainen: 8 goals, 15 assists, 23 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
njH6Vhl.png

OsQsV5V.png

X2Rtv4n.png

Extras: Andy Andreoff, Oscar Fantenberg
Injuries: Kyle Clifford, Jeff Carter

:canes
ZIZUbjc.png

DK0nvqU.png

Yku6esx.png

Injuries: Lee Stempniak

*Lines subject to change

News/Notes:​
  • The Carolina lost to the San Jose Sharks last Thursday night 5-4 in overtime. The Hurricanes were up 3-0 after the first period and were leading 4-1 at one point. But the Sharks came back and tied it with 5 minutes left. Brent Burns scored the game winning goal.
  • Cam Ward was in goal on Thursday, but Scott Darling is likely to be the one starting tonight. Darling is 7-8-5 this season with a 2.69 GAA and a .902 save%. Darling has lost 3 in a row and is 3-5-2 on the road this season. Darling was traded to Carolina from Chicago in exchange for a 3rd round pick.
  • The LA Kings defeated the Ottawa Senators 4-3 in Overtime with Drew Doughty scoring the game winning goal. Pearson, Iafallo, and Brown got the other goals that game.
  • Jonathan Quick is starting tonight after Kuemper got the call against the Sens. Kuemper made 37 saves out of 40 shots and improves his record to 5-0-2.
  • The LA Kings traded center Nic Dowd to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for defenseman Jordan Subban. Subban has been assigned to the Ontario Reign. Kyle Clifford is inching closer and closer to a return. No roster move will be required when he returns.
Tweets of the Game!

May the Force be with us
jersey_fouls_getting_to_bottom_of_penguins_foul_sabres_oilers_nickname_follies_ovechkin_army.jpg

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Going against the best face-off team in the league is preparing me for frustration tonight...

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Another team that somehow has a worse PP than the Kings. I bet 20 quotloos Kings give up a pp goals.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Some Canes fans think the kings are the most boring team in the league. They obviously haven't watched them play this season. They might not score until the third since that's how the games have been going lately but the third is when the blowout starts so...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Legionnaire

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Another team that somehow has a worse PP than the Kings. I bet 20 quotloos Kings give up a pp goals.

Like the Sens the other night, ugh.

I have a goofy feeling about this one, one more trap game before we hit the road, and I feel like we typically play like trash vs. Carolina. I'm sure they have a chip too after their loss at SJ

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Kings getting pinned in their end and icing the puck in the 1st. Not a good sign unless they're going for the ol' rope a dope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad