Glenn Anderson

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
As a 9 year old kid in 1985 watching Gretzky and all those other exciting Oilers, I happened to choose Glenn Anderson as my favourite. He in fact was the most exciting. The speed, the kamikaze style, the big goals, that huge grin, and that nasty stick in your face if you tried to bully him LOL

There was a side of Anderson that people tend to forget. In the summer of 1988 his best friend passed away and he suddenly stopped talking to the media for an entire year. He wasn't happy with the media revealing information about his private life, and the passing of his friend affected him deeply. He was almost disinterested the entire season - an uncharacteristic 16 goals. He rebounded the following year with his typical free-spirited play and helped the Oilers to their final Cup in a big way.

Anyways, to answer your question - He would do amazing in today's NHL which relies on speed.

To this day my mom still mocks an uncle of mine by calling him Glenn Anderson because of his resemblance... He has no clue who he is. (We're south asian, LOL).

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
But Anderson was also the victim of a hilarious comeback by Taylor Hall if you remember.

"As Whitney recalled it, “[Glenn Anderson] comes up and he’s saying, ‘Hi, congrats on your first game winner. You only got to get 65 more and you can tie me.’ He’s the all-time leader in game-winning goals, whatever the number was. And Hallsy goes, ‘Oh yeah, congratulations on scoring the fourth goal in a 8-3 win in 1985 57 times."

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Underrated?

He's 4th alltime in playoff points.

I don't get how someone who's 4th could be underrated.

But yeah. HUGE part of those cup wins.

He's underrated because people like the OP still ask if he was a product of Messier which he obviously was not. I'd even go so far as to say it was the other way around & Anderson helped Messier to figure it out & become a great player.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad