Confirmed with Link: Glen Gulutzan, Assistants Fired

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Quite a lot I would imagine, seeing as he was the head coach? And if Cameron was truly running the PP independently, that would have been with GG's blessing which is not much better.

Well, it's kind of come into the spotlight recently with Bill Peters' hiring. Peters said that he's a coach that likes to give control of the PP to his assistant coach and not get involved himself. Gulutzan may well have been the same way.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I said this before and I'll say it again: having Gully behind the bench isn't a terrible thing. I would have been completely fine if he was still our head coach if they got someone else to do the power play or if he took a step back and was our assistant coach.

Now, I'm not saying we'd be winning the cup with him, but there are a lot worse options out there. It would be a good pick up for the Oil if they hired him.

Think he's more suited for an assistant's role anyways. Good mind for the game, not the most inspiring leader.

They're probably looking at him to spill all our secret strategies. Man are they going to be disappointed when they find out those strategies consist of taking as many pointless penalties as possible, pass it to Johnny, and lean on Backlund like a cripple with a cane.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Think he's more suited for an assistant's role anyways. Good mind for the game, not the most inspiring leader.

They're probably looking at him to spill all our secret strategies. Man are they going to be disappointed when they find out those strategies consist of taking as many pointless penalties as possible, pass it to Johnny, and lean on Backlund like a cripple with a cane.

Don't worry. We got the playbook locked up all nice and secured. Nobody will figure out all our strategies.

ePQnyYt.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I said this before and I'll say it again: having Gully behind the bench isn't a terrible thing. I would have been completely fine if he was still our head coach if they got someone else to do the power play or if he took a step back and was our assistant coach.

Now, I'm not saying we'd be winning the cup with him, but there are a lot worse options out there. It would be a good pick up for the Oil if they hired him.

Stop with your logic.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently the Oilers just got rid of their PP coach and Gulutzan is his replacement. Can't make this up.

Quite a lot I would imagine, seeing as he was the head coach? And if Cameron was truly running the PP independently, that would have been with GG's blessing which is not much better.

A couple things.

1. Dave Cameron ran the PP day to day.
2. Even if Gulutzan was the mastermind behind the Flames PP, it's doesn't mean that system wouldn't work for another team. Different teams have different strengths and with different players an unsuccessful system can end up being very successful.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Meth I agree, but no one should be using the term mastermind in regards to the Flames PP last season. That was a train wreck.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Cameron almost looks photo shopped into that tweet....

On a random note... I don't think Trotz is going to be available after the conclusion of this season.

Reactions: Cyrano

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Does Cameron look like he's about to go play paint ball in that pic?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
He’s coaching hockey in Italy?

No, I'm pretty sure Vienna is in Australia.

waits to be quoted

You guys mean Albania.

There’s hockey in Australia??

Ever heard of a pretty cool guy called Nathan Walker?

I have. His family makes the best whiskey I’ve ever had.

These gems just kept coming :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->