Recalled/Assigned: Glass and Kampfer recalled

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The 4th line has been their best line for a few weeks and now it gets broken up. Hayes, Miller and Vesey have sucked. Stay together. I wish AV used Torts mentality more often with his lines. He needs to break up that one.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
yeah we are not playing our best lately

but jeez he's the 12th forward,
IMHO there is nothing particularly telling or important about the 12th F
ever

Who's been scoring lately, with our top forwards slumping? The 4th line. Lindberg and Fast. Now they'll have to carry an anchor instead of playing hockey. The 12th forward directly affects #10 and 11 as well.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Who's been scoring lately, with our top forwards slumping? The 4th line. Lindberg and Fast. Now they'll have to carry an anchor instead of playing hockey. The 12th forward directly affects #10 and 11 as well.
What if Glass is playing on a higher line?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What if Glass is playing on a higher line?

Vigneault:

raw

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Do you really not understand? Police hopefully help reduce crime but that does not mean that they prevent all crime. That is not me saying we need more police. That is me understanding the difference between reducing and eliminating.

Ok, so you believe icing a goon decreases the percentage dirty play. If it's a percentage, then it can be measured. So where are your numbers? Because I have studies that say the exact opposite:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...fighting-deter-other-nasty-business-in-hockey

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...nd-the-new-era-of-the-one-dimensional-fighter

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i hate our coach.

hate him.

I'll flat out say it...hes not a great coach...hes a marginal coach whose been blessed with 2 of the best goalies in the last 20 years...with Henrik being a generational talent (and Luongo not far behind).

I think hes overrated, and I flat out think he hurts this team more than he helps it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Ok, so you believe icing a goon decreases the percentage dirty play. If it's a percentage, then it can be measured. So where are your numbers? Because I have studies that say the exact opposite:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...fighting-deter-other-nasty-business-in-hockey

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...nd-the-new-era-of-the-one-dimensional-fighter

LOL do I really have to read a "study" by a writer named Skinny Fish? That made my day. Let me get back to you. I heard Fat Whale has a good study that I would like to read first. :D

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
i hate our coach.

hate him.

I'll flat out say it...hes not a great coach...hes a marginal coach whose been blessed with 2 of the best goalies in the last 20 years...with Henrik being a generational talent (and Luongo not far behind).

I think hes overrated, and I flat out think he hurts this team more than he helps it.

Agree about AV but saying he is the main problem now is almost like criticizing the Glass call up in response to the team getting roughed up of late.

The reality is that this Rangers team is not a true SC contender, just a hopeful. We don't don't have one top 50 player in the league. We have multiple good but not great forward lines, a substandard defense with one high quality dman and a good but no longer great goalie. When this slump is over and we get the first WC slot we will have a realistic chance to win in the first 2 playoff rounds against the Atlantic conference. Not so bad given that Gorton is trying to re-tool while staying competitive. Kind of like the Yankees.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Agree about AV but saying he is the main problem now is almost like criticizing the Glass call up in response to the team getting roughed up of late.

The reality is that this Rangers team is not a true SC contender, just a hopeful. We don't don't have one top 50 player in the league. We have multiple good but not great forward lines, a substandard defense with one high quality dman and a good but no longer great goalie. When this slump is over and we get the first WC slot we will have a realistic chance to win in the first 2 playoff rounds against the Atlantic conference. Not so bad given that Gorton is trying to re-tool while staying competitive. Kind of like the Yankees.

hes not the only problem for sure..our defense is an absolute mess.

but his system...it SUCKS. i hate it. Its entirely predicated on getting breakaways and odd man rushes. almost nothing when it comes to in zoneplay, cycle, etc. everything is about getting rush chances. its pretty when it works, but mostly, it just sucks.

you need to play grind it out hockey too. you cant be a 1 trick pony.

Claude Julien...sigh...what could have been...

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
hes not the only problem for sure..our defense is an absolute mess.

but his system...it SUCKS. i hate it. Its entirely predicated on getting breakaways and odd man rushes. almost nothing when it comes to in zoneplay, cycle, etc. everything is about getting rush chances. its pretty when it works, but mostly, it just sucks.

you need to play grind it out hockey too. you cant be a 1 trick pony.

Claude Julien...sigh...what could have been...

What does suck is that a coaching change would have almost certainly propelled the team forward. It seems like the easiest way to change a bad situation. Did wonders for the Bruins and Islanders and their problems weren't bad coaching.

It's like Pat Reilly once said - a coach can only say the same thing so many times before the team starts tuning out. I think AV has taken this team as far as he can and the extension he was given was quite disheartening.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Was "teams go through funks" supposed to be not a justification for Glass in this context?

heck no, just that teams use all sorts of types of players throughout a season. Some teams go through funks, coaches bring up someone who they think can infuse some energy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I think my main point is that the over-analyzing of a move that is most likely extremely short-lived seems a bit trivial right now.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
LOL do I really have to read a "study" by a writer named Skinny Fish? That made my day. Let me get back to you. I heard Fat Whale has a good study that I would like to read first. :D

So you don't have to defend your argument or pay attention to facts because the writer has a silly username. Is that how this works? Thank you for your input.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
heck no, just that teams use all sorts of types of players throughout a season. Some teams go through funks, coaches bring up someone who they think can infuse some energy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I think my main point is that the over-analyzing of a move that is most likely extremely short-lived seems a bit trivial right now.

You've followed this team his entire NYR career. What makes you think this time is any different regarding Tanner?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
So you don't have to defend your argument or pay attention to facts because the writer has a silly username. Is that how this works? Thank you for your input.

I dont really see any relavance connecting your links to my posts. You are arguing against strawmen you made up in your own head.

Stop being such a snob. I heard Fat Whale is a more credible blogger than Skinny Fish. :D

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It goes without saying that we wouldve been much better off if we were the ones who fired our coach and hired Claude Julien.

AV has been and is terrible. He is too stubborn to coach in a league and game that is ever evolving and requires adaptivity. He sticks to his guns and plays his favorites. His disciplinary actions and decision making are thoroughly inconsistent. He does not make the in-game adjustments when his system and team are being stifled. He is **** poor.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It goes without saying that we wouldve been much better off if we were the ones who fired our coach and hired Claude Julien.

AV has been and is terrible. He is too stubborn to coach in a league and game that is ever evolving and requires adaptivity. He sticks to his guns and plays his favorites. His disciplinary actions and decision making are thoroughly inconsistent. He does not make the in-game adjustments when his system and team are being stifled. He is **** poor.

Yay more members on the train! Always room for more!

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You've followed this team his entire NYR career. What makes you think this time is any different regarding Tanner?

He has been down in the AHL for how long?

I understand the 'fear' of Tanner staying up with the team (which I couldn't care less if he stays with the team as long as he doesn't play) but I just don't see it as a realistic scenario.

Maybe I'm naive?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Choo choo!

I understand the 'fear' of Tanner staying up with the team (which I couldn't care less if he stays with the team as long as he doesn't play) but I just don't see it as a realistic scenario.

Maybe I'm naive?

Said the same thing last season, though. He got called up, and never looked back.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Maybe I'm naive?

This is the coach that played 11F and 7D in the biggest game in the last 20 years for this team and opted to include Tanner Glass in that 11 F

This is also the coach that scratched Kevin Hayes for Tanner Glass in an elimination game.

The fear is 10000% warranted.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I dont really see any relavance connecting your links to my posts. You are arguing against strawmen you made up in your own head.

Stop being such a snob. I heard Fat Whale is a more credible blogger than Skinny Fish. :D

• Horse
  • Water
  • Drink

YMMV

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yay more members on the train! Always room for more!

Cannot tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.

But I have always liked Julien. I think there is a respectability factor that he demands and gains from his players. His teams show up. His firing this year was more of a need for the Bruins to make a change because they have been going in a different direction and not because he is a bad coach. There is a reason he lasted as long as he did as the coach of one team.

AV hasnt won **** and he will continue to be the, as many of you have seen me compare him to this saying, "Always a bridesmaid never a bride."

We are essentially stuck with 2nd best. 2nd best stay 2nd best because they never swallow their pride to admit faults and learn how to become 1st best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad