Given the choice, what's your top line?

Best Top Line So far?

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander. Really not seeing an argument for any other line. None of them match the combination of offense and two-way play of this line.

insomniac

High on Hockey
Jul 31, 2009
Ottawa
forum.highonhockey.com
I chose Maroon - McDavid - Draisatl. We all know about McJesus, but I think Draisatl is going to be a hell of a player too, and that when looking back, many will suggest he should have gone 1OA.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I chose Maroon - McDavid - Draisatl. We all know about McJesus, but I think Draisatl is going to be a hell of a player too, and that when looking back, many will suggest he should have gone 1OA.

is that your choice for this season or moving forward?

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Hasn't the Leafs line only allowed like 1 goal at 5v5 so far? Thought I read that somewhere...

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander. Really not seeing an argument for any other line. None of them match the combination of offense and two-way play of this line.
Pretty much this. There's a right answer and there's a popular answer

Leafs players wrongly lose polls here all the time so this won't settle much

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

The Leafs and Oilers lines here follow virtually the same style: an elite centre, a top potential centre playing RW, and a LW guy with good chemistry with the others. Considering this, McDavid > Matthews, Draisaitl >= Nylander and Maroon > Hyman.
And Edmonton is my least favourite team.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Oh, for f***’s sake. The victim complex is out in full force.

If you really can’t see an argument for any other line, you really need to try looking and not be a Leafs fan for a second.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tampa line because they have more points. They haven't been as dominant as the Matthews line who have only been on the ice for one ES goal but points are points.

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
Poll says best line so far. It's gotta be the Leafs line, they are on fire, I don't see much of a debate about them not being the hottest line so far, but I could be wrong.

Last season I feel the best line was the Oilers line and going for the entire season, I'd pick the Oilers, but I admit I am an Oilers fan and I don't see Drai being on the top line for the bulk of the year so it probably won't happen.

I'm a huge Kucherov fan, but I'm still not confident Stamkos will return to his form before his knee injury. I'm also a big Matthews fan, but I am not as high on Nylander as most. I'd also not sell that Dallas line low, I think they will be a force this season.

By the end of the season I'd say point wise it will be:

Dallas
Leafs
Tampa

If Drai stays on Mcdavid's wing:

Oilers
Dallas
Leafs

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Tampa > Dallas > Leafs in that order

I kinda feel dumb for not having McDavids line in there... Very close to the leafs, maybe better idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->