Proposal: Giroux to the avs

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Giroux has been a much better player, but he did just have his worst season since his 2nd year in the league, and has a cap hit of $8.275m for the next 5 years with a NMC.

As an Avs fan, I would decline. I'd much rather have a package including a young LHD, plus other futures.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Giroux has been a much better player, but he did just have his worst season since his 2nd year in the league, and has a cap hit of $8.275m for the next 5 years with a NMC.

As an Avs fan, I would decline. I'd much rather have a package including a young LHD, plus other futures.

And Duchene just had his 2nd worst season out of 8. Bad seasons happen.

But you are right, the Avs should not trade Duchene unless they get defense help in return.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
And Duchene just had his 2nd worst season out of 8. Bad seasons happen.

But you are right, the Avs should not trade Duchene unless they get defense help in return.

No, this was Duchene's worst. His previous low was when he had two different leg injuries and kept trying to play.

And, I know bad seasons happen. But a bad season from a 29 year old with a big cap hit scares me. I know he'll probably bounce back, but that's a big hit if he doesn't.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Makes zero sense for either team. The Avs are looking for parts that fit a rebuild. The Flyers absolutely cannot move a Center for a Wing. Yes, I know he technically can play Center, but he's not at his best there.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Horrid for Colorado. Duchene is a bit better, and is younger, and is cheaper (and likely will be after his current deal as well).

What the heck, are you a Giroux fanboy?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Makes zero sense for either team. The Avs are looking for parts that fit a rebuild. The Flyers absolutely cannot move a Center for a Wing. Yes, I know he technically can play Center, but he's not at his best there.

Look at Duchene's FO% and then rethink this.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Duchene straight up for Giroux.
While Duchene is a bit younger Giroux is a much better player.

Giroux isn't going anywhere no matter how badly some of us want him to be traded. Ifhe's not traded I'd surely rather see Simmons named captain

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Giroux is nice as valuable as Duchene but he's still doesn't hold enough value for Sakic to pull the trigger.

Philly passes, somehow Sakic would too.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I would love Giroux on the Avs, but the Avs would need to shred salary not take more on and both sides add whatever necessary to have D coming back to the Avs, even if it is/isn't Provorov.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So he'd turn down someone with more trade value, ok.

And I wouldn't trade Auston Matthews for Connor McDavid because Leafs need D....

More like Colorado would not look to acquire a soon to be 30 year old player signed for another 5 years at $8.275 M per season. It is not your typical move by a rebuilding team.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Giroux wouldn't waive for Avs and Avs should be looking to get younger players anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->