Girdle vs Traditional Shorts

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I like the freedom of movement with pants. I take out most of the pads so they are light and don't constrict my movement. Other than thigh protection I don't really need the rest of it. I feel like being able to move freely keeps me out of situations that would require lots of pads. I stopped wearing shoulder pads for the same reason. In the last 10 years I have only gotten a slapshot square in the chest once so the trade off of being able to move is worth it for me. All personal preference really though and what makes you feel comfortable on the ice. Some people like the protection and that gives them one less thing on the ice to think about. After 35 years I may be too comfortable and regret it someday. I've thought about it but not enough yet.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
After wearing pants for a decade I switched to the girdle and I'm much happier. Girlde is less bulky, lighter, and doesn't shift.

They're not as restrictive as pants? I haven't worn them in over 20 years but I remember thinking they were really tight on my legs.

I was having a real problem finding pants that were long enough for my long legs. I ended up getting a pair of Mission pants that are 1.5 inches longer than most. They fit good but they feel a bit bulky.
I was actually thinking of going the girdle route but was worried that they would feel too restrictive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->