Gilbert Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffer

Dec 23, 2003
British Columbia
His skill is great, he is gifted with good puck handling, and can put the puck in the net. One problem I find with Brule is his size. I know he's only 16, and will probably grow, but others will have that advantage over him which may hinder how high he gets drafted.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned DANIEL BERTRAM for Camrose of the AJHL?
He should be playing with the Vancouver Giants unless he is deciding on going the NCAA route? Does anyone know about that? I know he went and visited University of Minnesota a while back, but as in whats going on i'm unsure.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Brule is a great player. He wants to win all the time and he will nail guys too. His great skill blends nicely together with his desire to take the body. He's small but he plays like he is 6'3.

Bertram I think will play with the Giants next year. However, he hasn't made his mind up yet. He could take the college route because he's pretty small.

BCCHL inactive

The word is that Bertram will take the NCAA route. Don't hold your breath about seeing him play in Vancouver next season. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it isn't likely.

Personally, I would like to see him in Vancouver. The biggest reason is probably because playing in the WHL could help him out with the attitude problems that he is supposedly having while being the "show" in Camrose.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
The word is that Bertram will take the NCAA route. Don't hold your breath about seeing him play in Vancouver next season. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it isn't likely.

Personally, I would like to see him in Vancouver. The biggest reason is probably because playing in the WHL could help him out with the attitude problems that he is supposedly having while being the "show" in Camrose.

"supposedly" having attitude problems?? I assume you got this bit of crap from someone with the team - no, eh? Just another bit of vicious gossip.

I hate how this board provides a place for people to post unsourced and untrue rumours to hurt prospects.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Van said:

I meet Bertram last year and he was one of the nicest people I have meet. Very mature and very very down to earth, loved talking with fans and others people and just really seemed happy all the time.

BCCHL inactive

gb701 said:
"supposedly" having attitude problems?? I assume you got this bit of crap from someone with the team - no, eh? Just another bit of vicious gossip.

I hate how this board provides a place for people to post unsourced and untrue rumours to hurt prospects.

It is the word going around the Jr.A world so far this season.

If you think I am trying to hurt his reputation, you're way out in left field. This isn't something that hasn't been said here before....and not started by me either.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Van said:

Bertram is obviously talented and there's no reason why he shouldn't play like it and have a little bit of cockiness to him! There's nothing wrong with that!

But don't go around spreading rumours that he has attitude problems and thinks he's all that and bag of chips! And finally, you have no idea which way Bertram is leaning and don't pretend like you do!

Last edited by a moderator:

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Van said:
It is the word going around the Jr.A world so far this season.

If you think I am trying to hurt his reputation, you're way out in left field. This isn't something that hasn't been said here before....and not started by me either.

And just what "Jr. A world" is that, and what is the actual source up in Prince George BC? Another anonymous poster on some website?

You might want to check your facts with someone connected with the Kodiaks before you spew more of this.

And if you DONT think youu are trying to hurt his reputation - try re-reading your post. It is pretty clear - if totally untrue.

BCCHL inactive

HabLover said:
But don't go around spreading rumours that he has attitude problems and thinks he's all that and bag of chips! And finally, you have no idea which way Bertram is leaning and don't pretend like you do!

If he is playing Jr.A when he could be playing Major Junior, does that not give you a clue where he is leaning?

gb701 said:
And just what "Jr. A world" is that, and what is the actual source up in Prince George BC? Another anonymous poster on some website?

You might want to check your facts with someone connected with the Kodiaks before you spew more of this.

And if you DONT think youu are trying to hurt his reputation - try re-reading your post. It is pretty clear - if totally untrue.

When you are involved at a certain level of hockey, you hear things. I don't have a source, but this is not the first time Bertram's attitude has been discussed here.....and I wasn't the first person to mention it.

That's why we discuss and debate instead of insult each other.

And no, I am not trying to hurt his reputation. I am simply bringing up a topic that has already been brought up before.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
canucksfan said:
Brule is a great player. He wants to win all the time and he will nail guys too. His great skill blends nicely together with his desire to take the body. He's small but he plays like he is 6'3.

Bertram I think will play with the Giants next year. However, he hasn't made his mind up yet. He could take the college route because he's pretty small.

Wrong, Bertram is heading to the NCAA next year and thats why he is not with Brule right now. There is not a lot of talk about Bertram, and frankly he hasn't played that well against lesser competition. I would say Brule is the second best player for the 2005 draft at the moment.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Wrong, Bertram is heading to the NCAA next year and thats why he is not with Brule right now. There is not a lot of talk about Bertram, and frankly he hasn't played that well against lesser competition. I would say Brule is the second best player for the 2005 draft at the moment.
I read about a month ago in the Vancouver Province that Bertram is undecided whether to take the NCAA route or not. The Province also hinted that there is a good chance he'll play witht the Giants next year.

Mr. Relaxation

Seeing that 'Van' is from Prince George, it is highly probable that he is a staunch Prince George Cougar fan and worries about the prospects of Bertram joining Brule in Vancouver. Also, he may be jealous that the player the Cougars took after Brule and Bertram (forget his name) in that draft is looking like a bust.

The Giants GM seemed pretty damn confident that Bertram is going to come to Vancouver next season after a recent discussion with him. This article was written in the Province not too long ago and Brule and Bertram talk all the time, via phone. The two are good buds and Brule says that Bertram is following the Giants very closely and seems to be leaning towards playing for the Giants because they are a solid team with potential Memorial Cup in a year or two. Plus, the Giants brass have said many times that Bertram has a GREAT attitude. Never heard anything about him being a bad attitude. But like I said, Van could be a flag-waving Cougar fan and his slagging of Bertram is just jealousy.

BCCHL inactive

Vincent_TheGreat said:
Wrong, Bertram is heading to the NCAA next year

Considering that Bertram is only 16, he will have to play Jr.A hockey next season in order to graduate from high school and pass his SAT's. His earliest possible season in the NCAA is 2005-06.

Mr. Relaxation said:
Seeing that 'Van' is from Prince George, it is highly probable that he is a staunch Prince George Cougar fan and worries about the prospects of Bertram joining Brule in Vancouver.

But like I said, Van could be a flag-waving Cougar fan and his slagging of Bertram is just jealousy.

Let's see....

I attend maybe one out of every 6-7 Cougars home games, combined with the fact that I have a goal to be a WHL linesman within 2 years....

Yeah...I'm a DIE HARD Cougars fan! [insert rolleyes smilie here]

Mr. Relaxation said:
Also, he may be jealous that the player the Cougars took after Brule and Bertram (forget his name) in that draft is looking like a bust.

Who is trying to cut down prospects now?

BTW, that player is Nick Drazenovic....he is playing on the same Team Pacific that Brulé and Bertram are playing for at the World U17 Challenge.

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I've heard countless stories from friends who have been at camps and stuff with Bertram that the kid is a lippy, conceded little punk. If he gets hit hard he'll say crap like "i'm drafted with the Giants, you're going nowhere". These are just stories i've heard. The thing that sticks out at me about the kid is when I watched him in the Canada Winter Games last year. His Alberta team had just won the tournament and there was a big doggy pile in front of the net and in comes Bertram and he just stopped right in front of the pile. I did'nt know why he was waiting to celebrate victory until he quickly messed up his hair to look cool in front of the cameras and then proceeded to celebrate. If he's thinking about crap like that at a moment like that then there is definitely something wrong there.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Hoffer said:
His skill is great, he is gifted with good puck handling, and can put the puck in the net. One problem I find with Brule is his size. I know he's only 16, and will probably grow, but others will have that advantage over him which may hinder how high he gets drafted.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned DANIEL BERTRAM for Camrose of the AJHL?
He should be playing with the Vancouver Giants unless he is deciding on going the NCAA route? Does anyone know about that? I know he went and visited University of Minnesota a while back, but as in whats going on i'm unsure.

Brule netted 2 goals and 1 assist this afternnoon against Russia to lead his team back for a 3 - 3 tie. His first goal was a shorthanded marker to make it 3 - 2. Brock Bradford had 2 assists and Danny Bertram had 1 assist. Nick Drazenovic from the PG Cougars of the WHL had the other Team Pacific goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad