Gilbert Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

He looked ok. If he keeps hitting bigger guys the way he has been, he won't have a long shelf life.

Not trying to be a homer here,but Brule and Crosby haven't impressed me at all in the pre season.I'd give Gilbert the edge right now.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Its only exhibition, I bet he is sent to WHL before the 10 games are over

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
MeffyuhTJRest said:
I'm thinking of Nate Horton. Made hte big club right away and banged till he got hurt. Hope this doesn't happen to Brule as well.
What's going on with Nathan Horton? I haven't heard his name in a while. Are all his injuries rehabbed and where will he be starting the season? On the big club or what?

Bulldog fan

Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
Nov 5, 2004
101York Bld Hamilton
Married to Hockey said:
He has been awesome.....looks like Doug MacLean stole another star from under the noses of his competitors...when Nash returns it will be interesting to see if an NBZ line develops.... :handclap:
Married to hockey, what was it like spending a whole year and a half not getting any ;) :biglaugh: ?

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Jim Beam said:
He looked ok. If he keeps hitting bigger guys the way he has been, he won't have a long shelf life.

Not trying to be a homer here,but Brule and Crosby haven't impressed me at all in the pre season.I'd give Gilbert the edge right now.

I saw Brule live in three preseason games and he played under control. He was definitely not wreckless in trying to hit everything that moved. I think he will be fine.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Married to Hockey said:
He has been awesome.....looks like Doug MacLean stole another star from under the noses of his competitors...when Nash returns it will be interesting to see if an NBZ line develops.... :handclap:
Where Rick Nash and Nikoli Zherdev unknown or something? I wouldn't call either of thse two drafts as steals.

Nor would I call Pascal Leclaire or Klesla as steals. :help:

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Yellowcard said:
What's going on with Nathan Horton? I haven't heard his name in a while. Are all his injuries rehabbed and where will he be starting the season? On the big club or what?

Nathan Horton is back on the team and have fully recovered his injuries. He is expected to be the teams 1st line RW.

Mr.Brownov*

cbjfan said:
I saw Brule live in three preseason games and he played under control. He was definitely not wreckless in trying to hit everything that moved. I think he will be fine.
I never stated he hit everything in sight.Just that he's a smallish physical specimen.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
cbjfan said:

Yeah - he wont play that robust style in the NHL that he played in juniors. As his GM Doug Maclean said, he has a lot of respect for the pro's. He'll still play hard and in your face though.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Can we really say anyone that went top 5 this year is a steal? especislly if they all pan out....if one of em doeent we can perhaps label them a bust... but u cant steal what was going to be yours anyways ;)

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
HOCKEY_GURU said:
Can we really say anyone that went top 5 this year is a steal? especislly if they all pan out....if one of em doeent we can perhaps label them a bust... but u cant steal what was going to be yours anyways ;)

Gilbert didn't go in the top 5 :p: :D

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

MrMastodonFarm said:
Where Rick Nash and Nikoli Zherdev unknown or something? I wouldn't call either of thse two drafts as steals.

Nor would I call Pascal Leclaire or Klesla as steals. :help:

I think the Nash thing had to do with the fact that Jay Bouwmeester had the hype going into the 2002 draft, and Nash wasn't the "consensus" #1, but turned out to be one of the league's top snipers.
But, to me, a guy who wins the OHL's "Top Draft Prospect" award in his draft year can in no way be referred to as a steal...

Klesla and Leclaire....Being from Syracuse, I've seen Leclaire many times in the AHL, and always thought he had the talent to stick in the NHL but never did. Hopefully he'll stick for Columbus.
As for Klesla....I'm sure you will find plenty of Columbus fans who are more than willing of sharing their thoughts on him...

Transported Upstater

Ejh18 said:
Gilbert did go in the top 5 :p: :D

Um, NO HE DID NOT.

#1 - The Crosby Show
#2 - Bob Ryan
#3 - Jack Johnson
#4 - Benoit Pouliot
#5 - Carey Price
#6 - Gilbert Brule

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
Um, NO HE DID NOT.

#1 - The Crosby Show
#2 - Bob Ryan
#3 - Jack Johnson
#4 - Benoit Pouliot
#5 - Carey Price
#6 - Gilbert Brule

I meant to say he DIDNT... the other poster said something about players going in the top 5 being not a steal.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I believe Mr Brule just got his first NHL point with an assist on a Dan Fritsche goal.

Transported Upstater

Ejh18 said:
I meant to say he DIDNT... the other poster said something about players going in the top 5 being not a steal.

Oh Ok.

Transported Upstater

monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule's in the same class as guys like Staal, Horton, and other elite prospects that stepped into the NHL in their draft year.

I agree about Horton, although I like Horton's size MUCH better, and I think Brule has better scoring potential in the long-term.

As for Staal....I most certainly do not put Brule in that league yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad