Gilbert Brule vs Andrei Kastitsyn

stockwizard*

you are the shame ..
seriously, i've never seen so man people on a draft pick like that ..
do you think atlanta is a shame because they passed on phaneuf for coburn...
or that ALL NHL teams are a shame because bergeron was passed by all of them ??

and brule might become a 1st line player but price might becone a nhl goalie too..

I realise drafting isn't an exact science, however I just think it was so obvious at the time that Brule should have been picked instead of Price.

At the time, I don't think you could say this about Phaneuf.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
you are the shame ..
seriously, i've never seen so man people on a draft pick like that ..
do you think atlanta is a shame because they passed on phaneuf for coburn...
or that ALL NHL teams are a shame because bergeron was passed by all of them ??

and brule might become a 1st line player but price might becone a nhl goalie too..

yep

(of the 3 examples, colborn has the best chance of becoming a dominate player in the NHL.)

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Price a crappy goalie? I just realized debating this with you is fruitless, a crappy goalie is whomever the Canucks have had in goal since Kirk McLean

Why even say that? It undermines the point you are trying to make. The Canucks have nothing to do with this, so why bring them into it?

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Carey Price = Underrated by habs fans and everyone

Brule=Overrated by everyone

Kostitsyn = underrated by everyone too but can be overrate by some habs fans

Carey Price > Brule > Kostitsyn

HUm... euh... how can you be underrated by EVERYONE... but still be overrated by Habs fans:sarcasm: ;)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why even say that? It undermines the point you are trying to make. The Canucks have nothing to do with this, so why bring them into it?

This thread has countless low blows to the Habs and/or their fanbase...sure I could of took the high road like I usually do, but I figured what the hell:dunno:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm a Habs fan and all the low blows against the Habs fanbase are well deserved...

You should be ashamed...:shakehead

I don't think they're deserved on a global basis as many non Habs fans tend to do, I don't disagree that some of the most dillusional posts on these forums tend to be started by overzealous Habs fans, but they don't speak for me or all of Habs fan, and for anyone to think so is stupid if you ask me. We got some of the worse posters on our board, but we also got some of the best. That tends to happen when your the largest fanbase.

What if I went around bashing teams based on the thoughts of a few lost one's:dunno:

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Arrrrrrrrrrrgh I just wish we traded away our 1sts in 03 and 05 so I wouldn't have to keep seeing this crap everywhere!

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
You should be ashamed...:shakehead

I don't think they're deserved on a global basis as many non Habs fans tend to do, I don't disagree that some of the most dillusional posts on these forums tend to be started by overzealous Habs fans, but they don't speak for me or all of Habs fan, and for anyone to think so is stupid if you ask me. We got some of the worse posters on our board, but we also got some of the best. That tends to happen when your the largest fanbase.

What if I went around bashing teams based on the thoughts of a few lost one's:dunno:

It's not just on the HF boards: the crowd at the Bell Centre, people calling on talk shows, RDS' talkback, etc. A bunch of morons, all of them (except me :sarcasm: )

bigjags*

These are ceilings the ratings are referring to not what is most likely. Lets clear that up.

Funny again how the Habs scout said Kostitsyn has the skills of a Hossa or Ovy but lacks work ethic. For the very last time work ethic and communication have been his downfall. His weaknesses can be altered to allow him to still reach his potential, he can learn the language and work harder.

Sure Brule is more likely to reach his potential and of right now a better prospect in terms of reaching that potential. That does not mean in any way his overall ceiling is viewed to automatically be higher than Kostitsyn's, get real.

You understand where I am going with this? On one hand we have a professional giving skill comparisons of elite players and on other other hand we have......you saying it should be without a doubt......yawn.

The only yawn here, is the fact you're talking about AK like you know. Yet, not 12 months ago had you ever even heard of him.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Kostitsyn's potential owns Brule's

:bow:

Don't be foolish. Brule's a guy that scored 40 goals in the WHL as a 17 year old which is unheard of. Last year HE STARTED IN THE NHL as an 18 year old and scored 4 points in 7 games. This year in the WHL no explanation needed - best player BY FAR as well as the Memorial cup. Watch him play maybe....he's great, and his potential is higher than Kostisyn's.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
:bow:

Don't be foolish. Brule's a guy that scored 40 goals in the WHL as a 17 year old which is unheard of. Last year HE STARTED IN THE NHL as an 18 year old and scored 4 points in 7 games. This year in the WHL no explanation needed - best player BY FAR as well as the Memorial cup. Watch him play maybe....he's great, and his potential is higher than Kostisyn's.

agree...can't believe that the guy said owns brule's...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
agree...can't believe that the guy said owns brule's...

If Kost can make something like a hit per game, I'd go for Kost. This guy is a better and stronger version of Alex Perezoghin, and the last one likely ended Keith Primeau's career.

That doesn't make him ahead of Brulé by now, though.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont really understand why someone call brule injury prone. hasn't he had only one injury.:dunno:

jacketracket*

i dont really understand why someone call brule injury prone. hasn't he had only one injury.:dunno:
He also had a fractured sternum. Kind of got T-boned along the boards by Hamrlik. It was just an awkward hit, which resulted in an injury that doesn't necessarily reflect brittleness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->