Gilbert Brule vs Andrei Kastitsyn

winslow

May 29, 2006
St. John's
I've heard many argments from habs fans that A.K. is prob the best rookie out there now and will be much better than Brule i could not believe this though.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
In terms of pure skills they are comparable. Brule is already injury prone while Kostitsyn showed flashes of brilliance in AHL and based on potential he probably will be comparable with Brule and he is one of the most skilled players from 2003 draft. He is great skater, has good vision, wicked shot and he can punish opposition. He showed great improvement last year and people don't even understand his potential... he goes underrated once again ... :sarcasm:

PS Brule by long shot :)

NewHabsEra*

Brulé has the skills, the speed and the grit to become a solid first line center but is on the small side and is injury prone... I think Gomez would be a good comparison..

Kostitsyn has game breaker skills.. great stickhandler, solid skater but not overly fast, amazing arsenal of shots, great overall agility, solid passer, good vision and some great moves... Vanek or Hossa would be good comparisons.

So Kostitsyn.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
No contest. Gilbert Brulé.

That's what any remotely sane Habs fan would tell you too.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Brulé has the skills, the speed and the grit to become a solid first line center but is on the small side and is injury prone... I think Gomez would be a good comparison..

Kostitsyn has game breaker skills.. great stickhandler, solid skater but not overly fast, amazing arsenal of shots, great overall agility, solid passer, good vision and some great moves... Vanek or Hossa would be good comparisons.

So Kostitsyn.
Agreed with that, but you gotta admit that, injuries aside, Brule has way more chances to reach his potential than kostytsin. I'm not sold on either one... IMO, Price > any one of them

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years

So Kostitsyn.

I agree with Hossa comparaison . Both are two-way player (yep kost are) , have good shot , average speed , incredible vison .

I'd say Brulé but I think people don't give enough credit to AK though...

Agree .. everyone see kost like a bust like marcel hossa

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Brulé. From what we know now, It's not close really. Kostitsyn is unproven at every level while Brulé played great everywhere.

Kostitsyn's game is mostly based on his shot, I don't see that famous potential. Brulé is showing much better all around skills.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Brulé. From what we know now, It's not close really. Kostitsyn is unproven at every level while Brulé played great everywhere.

Kostitsyn's game is mostly based on his shot, I don't see that famous potential. Brulé is showing much better all around skills.

And Brule shot's even better than Kostitsyn's!

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If Andrei reaches his potential comparing these players won't be as laughable as half of you think it is. Comparing him to Marian Hossa is not a far stretch. Whether or not he reaches it is another story but I like Kostitsyn's potential better then I like Brule's. That being said, I would rather have Brule (safer bet)

NewHabsEra*

Kostitsyn two-way player? Heh

He has improved a big deal in the farm, much more responsible defensively but its not negociable, you have to play a smart 2 way game to crack the Habs line-up.. Kostitsyn is first and one a great offensive talent, he had trouble to use his linemates properly, had trouble to get himself in good posture without the puck but he improved a big deal in these areas last season.. I remember the kid coming alive only when the puck was on his stick, now he knows what to do to get it more often, be closer of the action giving some support for his linemates...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->