* Gilbert Brule Vancouver Giants *

Status
Not open for further replies.

detour97

Jan 11, 2003
Halifax
Visit site
Everyone mentions Crosby and Ovechkin, what about this kid playing in the WHL Top 20 in scoring -* Gilbert Brule Vancouver Giants 23gp 11g 11a 22pts 17pim. Only 9 points behind leader.He should get an invite to camp in December.Canada's Future - Sidney Crosby, Evan McGrath,Gilbert Brule . Wow !!!! Now that would be a nice 4th line on this years team. Whatever decision is made with selecting the team, I'll be cheering on our boys .....Go Canada Go!!!!

nucks2001

The penalty shot goal he scored on Kell Guard last night was umm.. amazing wow.

shazata69

Lets get a couple things straight. Don't let Guards numbers fool you. The guy again rarely faces 20 shots a game and looks lazy most of the time in the net. He let in really weak goals in Kamloops the other night. He is not the best goalie in the WHL, Cam Ward and Josh Harding are.

I think Brule putting up the numbers he has in the WHL is just as impressive if not more than Crosby in the Q. Goals a game are down 1.2 from last year in a very tough league to score in and hes already more than a point a game player.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
shazata69 said:
Lets get a couple things straight. Don't let Guards numbers fool you. The guy again rarely faces 20 shots a game and looks lazy most of the time in the net. He let in really weak goals in Kamloops the other night. He is not the best goalie in the WHL, Cam Ward and Josh Harding are.

I think Brule putting up the numbers he has in the WHL is just as impressive if not more than Crosby in the Q. Goals a game are down 1.2 from last year in a very tough league to score in and hes already more than a point a game player.

MORE IMPRESSIVE :confused: , yeah right. Brule is doing phenomanal but not I wouldn't say it is comparing to the kid who is leading the CHL in scoring right now.

BCCHL inactive

detour97 said:
He should get an invite to camp in December.

He's not playing for Team WHL in the Canada-Russia series, so don't expect him to get an invite to the December camp.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
shazata69 said:

MORE IMPRESSIVE! come on Brule is doing good, but people have the wrong idea about the Q and it being all offence, the O is more offensive then the Q and as well the Goalies in the Q are better than the dub, that the same as saying the dub is tighter checking isn't it?

shazata69

The Dub is waaaay tighter checking. The Q is a free for all goal scoring league. This isn't gonna be yet another one of those debates, but you take a look at how many players in the Q put up those kind of numbers isn't really that big of a suprise. Is it impressive? Damn right it is, but how many so called "great" playesr have put up those points and done squat after they leave junior?

The Dub is the best league in the CHL and the Q is always a step behind the O and W.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
shazata69 said:
The Dub is waaaay tighter checking. The Q is a free for all goal scoring league. This isn't gonna be yet another one of those debates, but you take a look at how many players in the Q put up those kind of numbers isn't really that big of a suprise. Is it impressive? Damn right it is, but how many so called "great" playesr have put up those points and done squat after they leave junior?

The Dub is the best league in the CHL and the Q is always a step behind the O and W.

Who was in the Mem cup final last year? I don't think it was a dub team, so much for the best in the CHL.

shazata69

How many Mcups the last decade? Hell how many in the last 20 years? 2...a whopping 2. How many players from the dub are in the nhl compared to the Q? Lots more, ill look for the stats.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
All I've seen of Brule was that penalty shot yesterday. Very pretty. :handclap:

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Van said:
He's not playing for Team WHL in the Canada-Russia series, so don't expect him to get an invite to the December camp.

Nice comment.... So true....

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
nucks2001 said:
The penalty shot goal he scored on Kell Guard last night was umm.. amazing wow.
No kidding...made one of the best goalies in the league horrible..froze him perfectly, faked one way, went the other and scored...WOOW

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
MORE IMPRESSIVE :confused: , yeah right. Brule is doing phenomanal but not I wouldn't say it is comparing to the kid who is leading the CHL in scoring right now.

Hype machine aside, wait as their seasons continue to develop as the comparing is in fact already starting. This is not to take away from young Crosby who has been playing great but is also getting way more chances on the PP etc. The fact is that Brule is proving his stuff night after night and the gap, if one exists, is nowhere near as large as some of you would like to claim. We will see by the end of the season and through playoffs.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Crosby is still a special player ...
I think he'll end up like Lecavalier ...
he will develop slowly into a star in the league(2-3 years) and he won't brake up gretzky #...

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I see Crosby & Brule as complete equals. I think what Crosby is doing in the QMJHL this year is just as impressive as what Brule is doing in the WHL. It's incredible that there are two youngsters who have this type of ability, though.

I truely think if Brule stays in the WHL when he's 19 (after a team drafts him), he could break some records. Same goes for Crosby, although Lemieux's Q records are pretty gaudy.

What's the scoring records for the WHL? I assume Lemieux's has held up in the Q. And the OHL?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
shazata69 said:

I love your comments there :shakehead , Last year the top scorers in the CHL came from the OHL not the QMJHL. The QMJHL has produced top players like Giguere, Lecavalier, Richards, Tanguay, Nagy, Denis, Dupuis, Fleury, Biron, Gauthier, Lombardi, King, Gagne, Shelley, Laraque, Worrell in the last little while I don't see those type of names being 2nd rate. The QMJHL has won two Memorial Cups and was at the finals last year in the Memorial Cup, I hate when 2nd rate teams make it there...YOU?????? The QMJHL is now a tighter checking league, guys are getting bigger and it is getting more physical now, thing is you are stuck in the past it seems like and I guess you have not been able to transfer your thinking to the "now" type, look at the stats from last year and this year the QMJHL guys are not getting the points like they were are they, and it is rare for a Q guy now to average 2 points a game. Times are changing I think you should as well.

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
Brule no getting PP time and opportunities? The few times i have seen him he plays the point on the #1 PP unit unless they have a lead at which point he moves up to a more familiar forward position.

As far as the comparison, i've seen two of crosby's games and he just seems to be more involved in all areas of the ice...who knows though time will reveal all

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
gb701 said:
Hype machine aside, wait as their seasons continue to develop as the comparing is in fact already starting. This is not to take away from young Crosby who has been playing great but is also getting way more chances on the PP etc. The fact is that Brule is proving his stuff night after night and the gap, if one exists, is nowhere near as large as some of you would like to claim. We will see by the end of the season and through playoffs.

What! more pp time check and see who has more pp goals, brule has 11 goals how many pp goals? 6, crosby has 19 goals...3 pp you do the math. Proving night after night crosby has points in 20 of 23 games... I don't think brule is close to that, Brule is also -4, Crosby is +12. What do you base your comments on.

shazata69

Brule ain't gonna break any season records with the current shape the WHL is in. There is basically NOTHING out there for any players to work with. These coaches don't teach skills anymore they teach systems. Thats a **** way of playing hockey.

You say the Q produces goaltenders blah blah.

Well the dub produces top quality defenceman and 2 way forwards.

BCCHL inactive

target said:
Who was in the Mem cup final last year? I don't think it was a dub team, so much for the best in the CHL.

Yeah...one season of the Memorial Cup means the WHL is the inferior league. Ok then. :shakehead

Shazata is right...the number of Memorial Cups in the last 30 years (1973-2003) tells the story...

WHL - 15 (74, 77, 78, 83, 85, 87, 88, 89, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 01, 02)
OHL - 13 (73, 75, 76, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, 86, 90, 93, 99, 03)
LHJMQ - 2 (96, 00)

SpezNc said:
Nice comment.... So true....

If this is an honest comment, then I apologize in advance...

However, because of the sarcasm I detect, I will say the following...

Why would you expect Brulé to be at the December U20 camp when he is not playing for Team WHL in a couple weeks for a Canada-Russia series which Hockey Canada scouts are using to decide who is getting invites to the December camp?

Mizral said:
What's the scoring records for the WHL? I assume Lemieux's has held up in the Q. And the OHL?

CHL Regular Season records (according the CHL Record book at chl.ca):

WHL
Goals: Glen Goodall - Seattle Thunderbirds (84/85-89/90) - 262
Assists: Brian Sakic - Swift Current, Tri City (87/88-91/92) - 405
Points: Brian Sakic - Swift Current, Tri City (87/88-91/92) - 591

OHL
Goals: Stan Drulia - Niagara Falls, Hamilton, Belleville (84/85-88/89) - 198
Assists: Bill Bowler - Windsor (91/92-94/95) - 318
Points: Stan Drulia - Niagara Falls, Hamilton, Belleville (84/85-88/89) - 479

LHJMQ
Goals: Mike Bossy - Laval (72/73-76/77) - 309
Assists: Patrice Lefebvre - Shawinigan (84/85-87/88) - 408

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
QJMHL is getting better year after year ... they made a big turn out in 1995...
they develop the best goalie ..
they are making nice offensive player ...
they need now to develop good defenseman ..
They are now looking in the US for new player..
+ the maritime are now producing real nice player !

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Mizral said:
I see Crosby & Brule as complete equals. I think what Crosby is doing in the QMJHL this year is just as impressive as what Brule is doing in the WHL. It's incredible that there are two youngsters who have this type of ability, though.

I truely think if Brule stays in the WHL when he's 19 (after a team drafts him), he could break some records. Same goes for Crosby, although Lemieux's Q records are pretty gaudy.

I would say it's safe to say if Brule was playing for Rimouski in the Q he would be putting up at least the same, if not better numbers than he is right now in the WHL with Vancouver.

Now if Crosby was in the WHL with Vancouver, I don't think he would be putting up the same numbers that he is in the Q with Rimouski. I think Crosby could still be challenging for a WHL scoring title, but I don't think he would have 46pts in 23 gms in the dub.

My reasoning for this is, both guys are in different leagues, with different teams and different teammates/linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad