Gilbert Brule and Tuuka Rask (what will their HF ratings be?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
19bruins19 said:
Some players have A, such as Toivonen. He's 8A.

like i said nothing is Guarenteed. Maybe if A stands for most likely will live to Potential i can live with Crosby being 10A and Toivonen being an 8A.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Marcel the great! said:
huh? so not... you tend to forget that when we drafted him he was still 17 and was one of the best goalies in the WHL. With his Frame, reflexes and great positioning,franchise goalie ala Belfour(younger) or even Luongo status is rechable

Rask is 7.5B

I think you are giving Luongo a little to much credit i mean "he could be as good as belfour maybe even as good as Luongo" you seem to forget Luongo really hasnt done anything yet while Belfour has won Vezina, Stanley Cup.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
It'd be fairer if Habs fans and Leafs fans didn't do their opinions..

Hab fans are still trying to get over the Price pick..
Leaf fans know that their prospects are better and are not afriad to admit it.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
where did that come from

Skittles said:
Leaf fans know that their prospects are better and are not afriad to admit it.

leafs only has maybe three top prospect i'm curious who else are they expecting to be game breaker, after colo and steen, 1st rounder are always over rated by every team. All fans treats their top prospect that way, but i'm curios after trading so many top picks where did leafs find those top tier prospects they're so anxious to see.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
That's really funny.
Beacause a lot think that price was taken 2 spots earlier than he should (and by the Habs) he becomes an average prospect... :shakehead

Brule : 8.5 C or 9D

Rask: 7 or 7.5 C

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Habs4ever said:
leafs only has maybe three top prospect i'm curious who else are they expecting to be game breaker, after colo and steen, 1st rounder are always over rated by every team. All fans treats their top prospect that way, but i'm curios after trading so many top picks where did leafs find those top tier prospects they're so anxious to see.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect/scott_may

ps, I was just joking.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Brule 8.5C, I've seen him play about 40 times or so...Stiffler's mom just doesn't know what the letters represent so he was ****ing up the rating.

Rask I'd say 8D...he's got a long way to go, but could become a very good goalie. I think the more you see of him, the less impressed you would be. For comparison purposes I'd say Price is an 8C. And finally, to answer the other goalie question I would rate them Schnieder (8C), Rask (8D), Plante (7C), Vincent (7C). The thing is goalies are very hard to rate, and any goalie that gets drafted, atleast initially has the chance of becoming a good starter (otherwise they wouldn't even get drafted).

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Well according to HF, Cory Schneider is rated 7.5B, Alexandre Vincent is rated 7.0C, and Julien Ellis is rated 7.0C.

Tuuka Rask is not rated yet.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
For Rask I'd guess 7.5-8C.

Rask and Price arn't far apart, hell McKeen's ranked Rask over Price.

So since Price got 8C and they seem to be close I'd go with a similar ranking for Rask.

though to be honest I think Price should have been an 8B with Rask being an 8C as price is the safer pick, but I think 7.5 is a little low for Rask who has the Potential to be a #1

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
EagleBelfour said:
just for fun, has someone had seen a F rating lately?

Chicago Blackhawks
7. Marko Anttila 4.5F

This is another great one on the Hawks
8. Tommi Jäminki 2.0A

Guaranteed to live up to your lack of potential. Go Marko!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
19bruins19 said:
Some players have A, such as Toivonen. He's 8A.

Phaneuf, Ovechkin and Lehtonen are 9A's. Semin is an 8.5A.

Crosby is actually a 10C.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
8A???

So he's ABSOLUTELY guaranteed to be a great 2nd line player?

8B is fine. 8A is a bit ridiculous.

No, I don't think it is. A doesn't mean absolutely guaranteed, but is pretty much guaranteed. I'd say Brule fits that. He isn't a boom or bust type, he's more of a guy who should definetely be that good first liner, with some chance of busting, but not much.

Alot of prospects have As. I'd say Brule's one that deserves an A to go along with that 8.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
No, I don't think it is. A doesn't mean absolutely guaranteed, but is pretty much guaranteed. I'd say Brule fits that. He isn't a boom or bust type, he's more of a guy who should definetely be that good first liner, with some chance of busting, but not much.

Alot of prospects have As. I'd say Brule's one that deserves an A to go along with that 8.

Actually I think "A" is closer to "absolute" than "pretty much"

A - All but guaranteed to reach potential - 100 percent metaphysical certitude that the player will play up to his abilities as noted by his potential rating. In this case, the potential rating is multiplied by 100 percent for depth chart purposes, signaling that the player is a lock to reach his given potential

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I personally think Brule can be a game breaker and see no problem in giving him a higher grade coupled with a higher uncertainty value. So a 9D wouldn't exactly be too far off for what I've seen of him.

As for Rask, goaltenders do take a longer time to develop, giving them high grades to begin with is a bit of a reach. Unless they're stellar (ie. MA Fleury, and Lehtonen), I'd stick with the 7-8 range for most goaltending prospects. So a 7.5C for Rask would be pretty decent.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Actually?

pit said:
Phaneuf, Ovechkin and Lehtonen are 9A's. Semin is an 8.5A.

Crosby is actually a 10C.

No one is a generational hockey player at the age of 18! Even Gretzky had many many expert doubters at 18. Many thought with his skinny frame that he wouldn't last in the NHL and probably wouldn't be successful at all. Would Gretzky have been considered a 10 ANYTHING at 17 or 18, I don't think so. He probably would have been an 8.5C. So if you think Crosby is a 10 ANYTHING, you are saying that he has more potential than Gretzky did at age 18? THINK AGAIN BUDDY!!

My point is unless you are familiar with hockey, please do not acclaim any player to Generational Superstar status until he has at least SOME NHL EXPERIENCE!!!

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
pit said:
This is another great one on the Hawks
8. Tommi Jäminki 2.0A

Guaranteed to live up to your lack of potential.

Oh man, that's classic :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad