Recalled/Assigned: Gibson has been emergency recalled from Bridgeport. Thomas Greiss has been placed on IR.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Greiss looked to have injured his left leg in the final 3 minutes of the game against Carolina.

Once play had been blown dead, he immediately went to the bench to be looked at.

I believe the sole reason he stayed in the game for what was something like 1:46 left at that point was due to the shutout and minimal amount of time remaining in the game.

Weight and co. likely chanced it and let him play through the injury.

Which ended up being successful.

If Gibson is called up, we can't say he didn't earn it in recent weeks. He's had a number of games recently where he's allowed 2 or fewer goals in.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This is a technicality but why does Gibson need to be an "emergency" call up if Greiss is on the IR? Is it so he doesn't have to clear waivers on the way back?
Right. Gibson doesn’t need waivers to go back to the AHL. I think there’s a rule that if a player on emergency recall dresses for 10 games it is converted to a regular recall and that would require waivers to return to the AHL.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Petr Mrazek ain’t all that. I would pass on him for the Isles.
Right now he's not, but the idea is... he's super athletic with a lot of upside, and he's approaching that age where goalies typically start to put it together. You want to buy low and now is probably the time with him.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Right now he's not, but the idea is... he's super athletic with a lot of upside, and he's approaching that age where goalies typically start to put it together. You want to buy low and now is probably the time with him.

this. not to mention we have just greiss under contract next year, halak will be gone. mzarek is an RFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad