Prospect Info: Giavani Smith, and the abuse of an official

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Comment from reddit regarding this

Not to say the player was in the right, but according to more than one of the twitter comments the ref tripped over a stick on the ice, so the video could just show the worst angle without context. The fact that Smith played the rest of the game backs that theory up a lot more than the Sarnia homers claiming it was malicious.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
At the beginning of the clip you can see a stick being kicked around in their feet. Would make sense. Smith has always been sold as a gritty guy, but I don't recall anything like this in his past.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Stick or no stick, he still pushed a ref, which is a really dumb thing to do.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nothing like a sped up GIF to give you a distorted view of what happened.
I know that in studies of videos and juries in trials, slow motion imparts a feeling of intentionality to actions from the jurors' perspectives. Even when there is none. I wonder what the effect would be if sped up.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Go to the Kitchener Rangers thread for some insight on the play, there are a lot of comments from people who were at the game

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Stick or no stick, he still pushed a ref, which is a really dumb thing to do.
Looks more like the ref just tripped, the gif seems to be at 1.5 or 2 times speed, not really ideal for judging something like this.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Does anyone have any other video evidence because the gif in the OP looks really damning. If people are saying its altered, I would really like to see an original to compare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad