News Article: Ghost - Player's Tribune

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Wouldn't be the worst idea to start a petition on change.org to fire Rob Ellis. That guy sucks so bad and its painful to say but at least Tim Panaccio was a significantly better commentator on the Flyers. He would at least give credit to players but Rob Ellis just has blind hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What did Boruk say about the GB foundation that prompted the tweet from Ghost’s sister?

Yeah I was going to ask this as well. Not really sure what his beef would be with this charity.
The GhostBear Foundation’s mission is to provide support and encouragement to organizations motivating young athletes aspiring to have professional, or collegiate, hockey careers. Our efforts focus within the communities of: South Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Schenectady, New York.

Through unique platforms and events, The GhostBear Foundation supports ill and disabled children, as well as at-risk or endangered animals. The GhostBear Foundation’s objective is to see persons and organizations thrive as benefactors of these initiatives.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
In all fairness it does sorta portray that it is written by the NHL players. Really doesn't mention any ghost writers.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In all fairness it does sorta portray that it is written by the NHL players. Really doesn't mention any ghost writers.

I don’t think many are under the illusion that it isn’t forwarded by someone who know’s how to properly do so. As it’s been pointed out many times since the Players Tribune became a thing. But people still enjoy these articles as it gives you more perspective on the players in some way.

Junk Boruk just comes off petty like how dare anyone say anything good about that piece on his watch.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hak or Hexy obviously wrote this part for him.

"Alright, I want to talk about this year’s team a bit. But before I do, I know people made a lot of me being a healthy scratch last year. It was tough to deal with, yes, but I understood it. When my shooting percentage went from 13% to 3% — and nothing was seeming to go my way — that’s when I got how hard it was to be an NHL player. And being able to step away from that, for even a single night, can really help.

I won’t lie, though. I had to delete Twitter off my phone. During my rookie season, I loved scrolling through my mentions and interacting with fans, but when it wasn’t going well it was hard. You can only read “you’re a one-hit wonder” so many times before you go crazy."

I love this because so many people don't understand this tact -- people think Hakstol dogs players all the time for no reason. Scratching can be helpful in doses. You're quite literally hearing it from the horse's mouth (and with it, some evidence to support why he thinks it made sense).

Reactions: LorneMalvo

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If that was intentional wording by Carchidi (which it might not have been since he's borderline handicapped) then props to him. Still hate his guts, but he's now in better standing than Boruk.

It’s definitely a shot a Boruk. Although Sam might have other motives in play there since Boruk took his buddy Panotch’s job. :laugh:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don’t think many are under the illusion that it isn’t forwarded by someone who know’s how to properly do so. As it’s been pointed out many times since the Players Tribune became a thing. But people still enjoy these articles as it gives you more perspective on the players in some way.

Junk Boruk just comes off petty like how dare anyone say anything good about that piece on his watch.

Its so damn strange. Doesn't he work for CSN Philly? Given that the guy dresses like a tool it doesn't surprise me that he is a tool.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Damn, she nailed him pretty good.

I really don't get why Boruk would want to **** on Ghost. There's zero upside there for him.

In my younger years I spent a good deal of time around the Flyers players - they also bring around their agents, their buddies from back home, etc and typically have their own "entourage" of people hitching rides to their money/fame/etc wagon. That said, you can imagine the type of interesting drama this entails. There could be sooo many random reasons for this - John could have a cousin who's daughter got rejected by Ghost at the bar. Really and truly the amount of possible scenarios surrounding the dislike is overwhelmingly high. I have some great stories just from watching it all. Once the last players who I was around are no longer on this team I will start a thread, haha!

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I mean, John Boruk isn't wrong, the players don't write those articles but he doesn't need to rain on the parade that highlights him

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I love how he signed that article. Does anyone have anything signed by him and does he do that all the time or was that just for the article?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Also, he’s the worst.

Wait is this true though? I didn't know that. That's a total bummer. Like finding out Santa Clause isn't real. :(

Also I think I remember reading an article by Evgeny Kuznetsov and I think it was written in like broken English with the Russian type of phraseology. Am I remembering this wrong and maybe I just read it that way because he is Russian, or did that really happen and the writers ham it up like that?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A piece of trivia for those who don't already know. There actually is an animal known as the "Ghost Bear", or "Spirit Bear". They are actually black bears with white fur, found in Canada.

In search of Canada's ghost bear

There is also an animal known as an "Ass Hat," or "Doosh Lord". They are caucasian with short, poo-brown hair, found in Philadelphia. They are thought to subsist on protein drinks.

LFgMdRbh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad