getzlaf vs perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Getzlaf is certainly the more complete player (speaking both offensively and defensively). Perry may be the more complete offensive player at some point though.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Garbs said:
Getzlaf more complete player, Perry puts up the most points this year.

I think your right about points, but I think Perry will be in the AHL while Getzlaf will be in NHL. Perry's my fav player but I think AHL is a better starting place for him for the beginning of season anyways.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
I would say Getzlaf the more complete player and gets more points. I don't think Perry plays any NHL games this year. Will take him a few years to make the team

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Getzlaf is better all around and will score more. Getzlaf didnt score as much in jrs, but better overall. Therefor, he will get more ice time and score more points. Im not even sure Perry will be a 2nd liner in the NHL in his prime, while getzlaf seems like atleast a surefire 2nd liner. Perry seems so fragile. I dont know, maybe he is strong in a lanky way, didnt seem like it in the 10 games or so ive seen him. Especially in the WRLD JNRS. Getzlaf is very strong on his skates and will better adapt to the NHL, as he already has the body for it.
Also, though he is an amazing playmaker and a wizard with the puck, i think sometimes Perry waits too long or tries to do too much with the puck, getzlaf is a more direct player, not as flashy, but imo smarter with the puck.

Ducks_è_Halos

Feb 8, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
profile.myspace.com
I agree with pretty much everyone in this thread. Getzlaf's game is much more rounded out than Perry's. He is much more better defensively and will make the NHL before Perry does. I think Perry could end up with a higher offensive upside than Getz but as of right now, he has a lot more to work on than Getzlaf does in terms of rounding out his game.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Getzlaf IMO willhave a better NHL career. Perry is more of a one trick pony. He'll socre goals and he can stick handle like there no tomorrow but I've stood next to him and although he's tall, 6'3", he looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over. Too skinny he needs to bulk up. Then he wont have to depend on his skills as much. Getzlaf plays more complete and had a better WJC than Perry.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
flambers said:
I would say Getzlaf the more complete player and gets more points. I don't think Perry plays any NHL games this year. Will take him a few years to make the team

sorry I meant career potential. Keep league 3pts/gl 2pts/asst

who would you take.?

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
Basically what i am seeing from everyone is that Getzalf is a more "Sure thing" to make and stay in the nhl as a second line C whereas with Perry although owns big offensive upside has a lot more question marks?

would you take cammellari over these 2?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
hockeyman28 said:
Im not even sure Perry will be a 2nd liner in the NHL in his prime, while getzlaf seems like atleast a surefire 2nd liner. Perry seems so fragile. I dont know, maybe he is strong in a lanky way, didnt seem like it in the 10 games or so ive seen him.

Perry hit 200 pounds for the first time in his life this summer at conditioning camp. Good news for him and the Ducks. He is definetly putting in the effort to get stronger.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Big Phil said:
Getzlaf IMO willhave a better NHL career. Perry is more of a one trick pony. He'll socre goals and he can stick handle like there no tomorrow but I've stood next to him and although he's tall, 6'3", he looks like a stiff breeze would knock him over. Too skinny he needs to bulk up. Then he wont have to depend on his skills as much. Getzlaf plays more complete and had a better WJC than Perry.

6'3 200 and rising...he was very skinny when he was drafted though.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McDonald19 said:
Perry hit 200 pounds for the first time in his life this summer at conditioning camp. Good news for him and the Ducks. He is definetly putting in the effort to get stronger.

I think that its great he is getting stronger, and i really hope that such an offensively gifted player does his best to become a great player, but i think he needs to work on his balance and strength on his skates. Bulking up should help, but he needs to figure out how to stay on his feet. ( i am not going to accuse him of diving, but he goes down easy)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i would take camms over both players, just cause he is smaller and shiftier, which should help him in da big leagues.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
hockeyman28 said:
i would take camms over both players, just cause he is smaller and shiftier, which should help him in da big leagues.

thx. I'm just afraid camms maybe injury prone if he tries to crash and bang and play with his huge heart. but for this we will only have to see.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Habs33 said:
thx. I'm just afraid camms maybe injury prone if he tries to crash and bang and play with his huge heart. but for this we will only have to see.

I think if any of the three gets hurt it will be Perry. I have seen him with his head down a couple of times, where it seemed like a defenseman could have taken him out.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
At the very least, Perry should become a top six forward, and he does have potential to become a star in the NHL. I have always liked Perry. I think the questions surrounding him are a thing of the past. On the other hand, Getzlaf is better all-around, but I don't think he brings the offensive pacakge of Perry. If properly developed, he could become an exceptional player. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he "only" develops into a third-line Holik-like player. IMO there are enough third-line, two-way forwards in the league, so I would prefer Perry.

Although I would easily take Ladislav Smid over either one of them.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Habs33 said:
what nhler does getzalf remind you of? or potential to be?

what about camms and perry?

A better offensive version of Rucchin.

Camm-a bit less talented, smaller version of Ziggy Palffy.
Perry-Vaclav Prospal.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
X-SHARKIE said:
Getzlaf's playmaking ability is phenominal, I saw him play vs the Wolves live in the AHL playoffs and he sould just create plays all day from the boards near the top of the circles.

You saw a player play live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :propeller

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Perry will become the better offensive players one day, if they don't join the roster at the same time its hard tojudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad