Getting new stick tomorrow, which one you think?

2x4*

I am interested in all of these, want to know what users of the sticks think.
As far as OPS go, I would never want to spend over $120 on an OPS.
I am looking for performance obviously, which stick gives the best shot speed / performance. Also, Durability is a large issue. The obvious upside of a 2 piece is easily replacing the broken blade.

Also there was this bauer stick I saw there, I cant remember the name. Is V2 a bauer stick? For reason I think it was called V2 Stickum or something. 90 bucks, seemed to be the strongest, lightest etc of ALL the sticks on the rack, inclusing Synergy ST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Pony

Jan 17, 2006
Columbus
I would go with the synthesis/synergy II. When they announced the new model (synergy II) I picked up 6 synthesis' for 65 each on sale. Best stick I've used. I'm not partial to the grip but if that's what works go for it.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I believe the Ultra-Lite is the heaviest of the three Easton sticks (could be wrong) but it's my favourite. It's still light, but I found it to just have the feel of a very solid stick. When I play with the Synthesis in the back of my mind I keep expecting it to snap while with the Ultra-Lite I had no concerns.

Could also be because I spent nearly doublt on the Synthesis as I did on the Ultra-Lite.

From personal experience the Z is best paired with a Lidstrom, and I always thought the Ultra-Lite felt really nice with a Shanahan curve and my Synthesis has a Forsberg pattern. It doesn't really matter though, all three sticks are very good, and pretty stinking durable too.

2x4*

Didnt get a chance to go out yesterday, does the Synergy II perform really exactly like a Synergy OPS?

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Didnt get a chance to go out yesterday, does the Synergy II perform really exactly like a Synergy OPS?

There's a bunch of "synergys" out there:
Synergy 300
Synergy 350
Synergy SL
Synergy SL grip
Synergy SL si-core
Synergy SL si-core grip
Synergy ST
Synergy ST grip
Synergy si-core
Synergy si-core grip
Synergy "silver" (the first Synergy)

some of those are pro models but they're still available to buy.

The Synergy II is basically a Synergy SL with a removeable blade. The SL is the highest performing Synergy but is also the least durable. The Synergy 300/350 are price point sticks that have the "feel" of a brick. The ST is "super-tough" and is more durable but less performing than the SL. The si-core is a vibration dampening system(in the blade), that many argue is just a gimick... I've never used one so I imput any final conclusion on that.

The Synergy II is a tapered shaft which means harder to find and more expensive blades.

The ultralite is lightweight, not expensive, performs well and is quite durable. It accepts standard blades which are easy to find and offer a LOT of choices. My vote is for the ultralite... Odd choice considering I have a synthesis and love it, actually it used to be my favorite stick.

Sunny Leone*

I use the Z Bubble, although I only play indoor street hockey. Using a ball I can get alot of movement on the ball with that light of a stick.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004

The only problem with the Synergy II is after buying the shaft and a tapered blade you are over your $120 limit. Taper blades (or short hosel) are more expensive then regular blades (or long hosel).

It will give you the same feel as most OPS's because most of them are actually a fused shaft/blade combo.

2x4*

Well I made my HS Varsity team, and last night when I went out I decided not to buy, and wait to see if I made the team. No sense in buying a nice stick like that if I will only use it once a week at open skate :sarcasm:

I promised my self I would not hold back on the stick costs and go for gold (my gold :D ). I have 5 sticks in mind. Synergy ST, Stealth, CCM v8.0 (Shaft), Synergy II, CCM V8.0 OPS

Right now the tapered shaft and blade combo is looking good but IDK. I did see a kid with an OPS that had been cut down after breaking and it had a blade on it. How does that work? Is it a hit or miss, or is it just like using a normal shaft? If so id probably buy an OPS and go from there.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Well I made my HS Varsity team, and last night when I went out I decided not to buy, and wait to see if I made the team. No sense in buying a nice stick like that if I will only use it once a week at open skate :sarcasm:

I promised my self I would not hold back on the stick costs and go for gold (my gold :D ). I have 5 sticks in mind. Synergy ST, Stealth, CCM v8.0 (Shaft), Synergy II, CCM V8.0 OPS

Right now the tapered shaft and blade combo is looking good but IDK. I did see a kid with an OPS that had been cut down after breaking and it had a blade on it. How does that work? Is it a hit or miss, or is it just like using a normal shaft? If so id probably buy an OPS and go from there.

If it was originally an OPS and was cut in the right spot it performs just like it had originally or very close to it. I had to do that and really didnt notice a difference. Plus it gives you the options of trying out different blades patterns.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
just a suggestion here, but before making your decision final. you might want to check out the Warrior AK27 shaft. I got it with a Federov blade and after playing a couple of games with it, I can honestly say it's the best stick I ever used. it's very light and well balanced and I get a very good feel of the puck with it.
unlessed you already checked it out and didn't like it...I would highly recommend it

stick9

Aug 12, 2004

Congrats on making the team.

At your age I wouldn't invest a lot into a stick. If you do make sure you are getting something that will last you. If you want a two piece I would look at a Warrior AK27 or a Dolomite tapered shaft. IMO they are far more durable then the rest. Warrior was once Innovative. I've had my Innovative Inno 1100 shaft for years and it's still in great shape (the warrior AK27 was a Inno 1100). My warrior Starskie has held up very well (same as a Dolomite just different paint and was a Inno 1100 fused one piece). What a great feeling stick.

Dolomite tapered shaft - http://www.epuck.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=-1&categoryId=892397&parent_category_rn=1803

AK27 standard shaft - http://www.epuck.com/webapp/wcs/sto...=-1&categoryId=213841&parent_category_rn=1803

Last edited:

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I found this on modsquad concerning 3 shafts
Z-Bubble description

Easton was the first company to perfect the ability to taper the dimensions of a shaft. By tapering the shaft towards the blade, they were able to lower the ''kick point'' of the shaft. The lower kick point provided a shaft that was more accurate and had a quicker release. Where the ''Bubble'' concept came in is with the addition of their proprietary Parabolic Focus Flex Zone. This zone allows Easton to taper the shaft down (and achieve the desired low kick point) and then widen back up to accept a standard blade. This allows the player the widest selection of blades and awesome performance. The Zbubble is of course compression molded (the highest quality method of construction) with cutting edge aerospace materials. The 100 flex on the Z-Bubble is stiff and designed for larger, more powerful players. The 85 shaft is perfect for ''the rest of us'' and also makes a great roller hockey shaft. The tapered shaft design also reduces the torque on the shaft to give you more accuracy on your shot.

AK27 description

The overall design of the AK27 is that of a Low Kickpoint standard shaft. The AK27 utilizes a compression molded process (the highest quality method available). The composite layers of the shaft are designed to place the kickpoint as low as possible on the shaft. This allows the AK27 to do two things: 1) There is very little torque or twist along the shaft when the blade strikes the puck. This keeps the puck headed the direction you intended. 2) The release becomes lightning fast. Think the end of a whip popping. The puck comes off like a bullet out of the barrel of a gun. One thing that you will find with Warrior sticks (just like the old Inno's) is that they are extremely consistent. Warriors reject guidelines are twice as strict as any other stick on the market. This applies to the stiffness (yes - EVERY AK27 shaft that comes off the line is tested for stiffness). So when you get in an 85 - you can be sure that it's right on the money.

XN10 Red Lite description

The composite material in the XN10 Red Lite is an amorphous carbon material that is more damage tolerant than standard carbon on impacts. This makes this shaft more break resistant from slashes than most other top shafts. In addition, the XN10 Red Lite has a better compression to failure ratio than Aramid fiber. Therefore, it has the ability to achieve the same flex and flexural strength with less weight and function, where normal carbon would fail. This allows the XN10 Red Lite to survive more hard slapshots than most shafts. Besides the light weight and outstanding durability, the Red Lite can deliver a really hard shot. Its low kickpoint design focuses the flex towards the bottom of the shaft, reducing torque in the blade thereby making your shots more accurate and powerful.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
if you like a hook of a blade you can get a Stealth 05 Gaborik curve for 130. that's what i'm using now and I love it.

abe jr

Jun 8, 2004
Warrior Dolomite, Kovalev pattern....hands down the best stick i have ever used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->