bob nws III

May 9, 2009
Sex: Male
Where You're From:Cary, NC
Where You Live Now:Same
Nationality:American
Eye Color:Blue
Mode of Transportation:My umm, dads car
What brought you to HF Boards:Love of the CANES!!!!!
How you became a hockey fan:How could I not be?
How you became a Canes fan:Been one since the day I was born.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan:Whats not to love?
Favorite Cane's Player(s):LaRose, Whitney
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):Rick Nash
Other Sports You Like:Soccer, Teakwondo
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For:Columbus Blue Jackets(When Canes aren't playing)
College Attended/Attending:Hoping for UNC
Video Game Systems Owned:Wii, DS
Favorite Game(s):Like several a lot
Favorite Movie(s):The Dark Knight
Favorite Book(s):Many series
Favorite Food(s):Pizza
Favorite TV Show(s):NHL Hockey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:4 Canes, dads old Blackhawks
Anything Else:GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbkellner

Jun 18, 2007
Canes Country
Greetings! I've been on HF Boards awhile and know some of you already but thought with the draft coming up I should introduce myself. I don't post much but I lurk all the time, and I love reading your draft/prospect reviews, they are always top shelf, so thanks for all the info and discussion.

Name: Dreamie
About me: NC native; NC State grad; husband is from Pittsburgh, he, my son and I are season ticket holders.
What brought you to HF Boards: Don't remember exactly, I'm on most of the Canes boards and probably got linked over here. My favorite thread was always the ex-Canes appreciation thread.
How you became a hockey fan: Osmosis
How you became a Canes fan: We'd previously followed the Pens and Caps, and moved back to Raleigh from DC during the lockout. On a whim we decided to buy a mini-plan for the 05-06 season.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: It's so darn easy to be a Canes fan.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Tuoooooooooomo Ruuuuuuutuuuu
(really a fan of the entire team with special shout out to Cam Ward and some unhealthy hero worship for Rod Brind'Amour. Oh, and anyone who wears a boa and gets an anthem changed on his behalf deserves a mention so Jussi too)
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Mostly ex-Canes like Justin Williams, Mike Commodore, Cory Stillman, Mark Recchi. I was always a big fan of Olie Kolzig. And Super Mario.
Other Sports You Like: Most of them except not a fan of the NBA
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Steelers, NFL Panthers, Pens when they're not playing us or taking one of my favorite players out of the game, then I consider them *******s
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: My pride and joy is Ruutu's game-worn jersey from Glen Wesley night; while not a jersey I also have one of Brind'Amour's skates from the 2006 Finals, a Brindy 05-06 replica, and a Ruutu replica third jersey. Husband has game-worn KAds, Seids, Chad LaRose, some Pens and baby Pens stuff, and a signed Rocket Richard Habs sweater. Various and sundry sticks, pucks, game cards, etc.
Anything Else: I've been known to take a picture or two at a hockey game.

2 Late 2 Anton

Feb 21, 2008
loudceilingfans.com
Yeah, I changed my name because I'm jumping teams, I posted a really lengthy and drawn out reason as to why on my blag; http://www.doctormowinckel.com/?p=270, if you're so inclined to read it. I really hope you aren't, because there's a lot of words. To bottom line it; Prior to the last few years, I've been a fan of players before teams, the player I was a fan of isn't the NHL anymore, so I've been a fan without a player, so to speak. Jussi Jokinen really piqued my interest a lot this year, enough that he's the new guy I'm going to follow in the NHL. So basically, I'm going to stick around this board from now on.

Name: Hockey Gazelle, but that obviously isn't my real name. Call me Milgrim if you don't like online aliases.
Sex: Milgrim is a boys name. Oh, oh! I'm supposed to be witty. I meant, not in about six months, ha ha! I'm funny.
Where You're From: Alberta
Where You Live Now: Ohio
Nationality: I've lived in America long enough that I'm comfortable being referred to as 'American'.
Mode of Transportation: 1978 Datsun 510 wagon.
Job: Personal trainer.
What brought you to HF Boards: Did a google search for "Hockey forum"
How you became a hockey fan: Natural attraction.
How you became a Canes fan: Cam Ward and Ron Brind'Amour have had my eye for a while, but Jussi Jokinen sealed the deal.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Team's full of grade A guys, hard not to love 'em.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Jussi Jokinen
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Tyler Plante
Other Sports You Like: Rally racing.
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: None, really.
College Attended/Attending: I'll let you know when I get into a school.
Video Game Systems Owned: 360, and a bunch of old stuff.
Favorite Game(s): Vagrant Story, Half Life 2.
Music You Listen To: The Cardigans, downtempo electronic, jazz, Swedish punk rock.
Favorite Movie(s): Everything is Illuminated, Ghost in the Shell 2.
Favorite Book(s): Pattern Recognition, The Sprawl Trilogy, Dexter series
Favorite Food(s): Pasta, meat.
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, Dexter, Firefly.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Red Jussi Jokinen jersey in the mail! A few Penguins, Rangers, an Aves jersey, a Panthers jersey, a Kings jersey, I don't know why I have a Kings jersey. Or a Panthers jersey.
Anything Else: The Cardigans are my favourite band by a mile, and I read a lot of books. I like wine, too. I saw someone in this thread who mentioned they liked wine.

UnPLEASED Anton

Jul 26, 2007
Cary, NC
^Just sent a jersey off to have 36/Jokinen put onto it. I am pumped about The Juice.

Didn't know where to post this, but I am too proud to not post, haha.

A few months ago, I found a game-issued inaugural season jersey on eBay. I looked into a display box for it, but Michael's wanted 400+ bucks for one... :help:

So this morning, I got some gumption and decided to start working on one myself. Pretty soon it will grace the space above my kegerator.

Heres the work so far:

http://picasaweb.google.com/slricks/Jersey?feat=directlink

IMG_0586.JPG

I just have to assemble plexiglass to the stained frame I made for the front, and then possibly install some hinges, and it will be ready for display. :) I am married, so when the wife works weekends I have to find something to do when the season isn't in.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Name: Pat
Sex: M
Where You're From: Richmond, VA
Where You Live Now: Lewiston, ME
Nationality: USA
Hair Color: dk brown
Eye Color: brown
Mode of Transportation: VW Golf, feet
Job: Archivist
What brought you to HF Boards: The awesome trade proposals.
How you became a hockey fan: Good question. Not much hockey in Richmond, although I have faint memories of seeing the Robins play in the 70s. Followed slightly before college, and then met many northern hockey fans at school, and some of us made road trips every year to DC to see the Caps play (also went to Baltimore one year to see the Skipjacks -- they played Hershey when Hextall was their goalie.) Became a season ticket holder for the Richmond Renegades in the ECHL when they came around. (Btw, the IceCaps were the most BORING team to watch.)
How you became a Canes fan: Moved to Raleigh in 2001, just in time for the first Cup run. Cemented when Mitch Albom made his cheap comments about Raleigh and NC during the Finals.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: 2009 version: beating the Bruins ("How 'bout them apples!!") Otherwise: The Sergei Fedorov offer sheet.
Favorite Canes Player(s): They're all gods. GODS.
Favorite NON Canes Player(s): Sprague and Odie Cleghorn
Other Sports You Like: Football (college and pro), F1 racing, golf, (playing) badminton
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Green Bay Packers, W&M, Lewiston MAINEiacs
College Attended/Attending: William & Mary (undergrad), NCSU (grad), VCU (grad)
Video Game Systems Owned: none
Favorite Game(s): EHM, Grand Prix 2 (Microprose), Close Combat III. Non-video: numerous Avalon Hill and The Gamers wargames.
Music You Listen To: Gary Numan, Primus/Les Claypool/Frog Brigade, Wire, The Fall, Joy Division, Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, Sonic Youth, mucho 80s punk and new wave, whatever else drifts through the transom...but never country (Junior Brown excepted). I'll try out everything else from classical to death metal.
Favorite Movie(s): Blade Runner, Slap Shot, Michael Clayton, After Hours, Spinal Tap
Favorite Book(s): Authors: Philip K. Dick, Phillip Pullman, Harry Pfanz, Stephen Sears, Jack Falla, tons and tons of history.
Favorite Food(s): Sugar and meat, usually not together.
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development, early Simpsons, X-Files, The Tick, Rocky & Bullwinkle, old Bugs Bunny, Firefly, Homicide: Life on the Streets, The Wire, Robbery Homicide Division, various Star Treks, British mysteries (part. Wire in the Blood, Touch of Frost, and Midsomer Murders)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none currently, but I have a Canes keychain
Anything Else: nah

Last edited:

GooGooMuck

May 15, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Name: Jeff
Where You're From: Lancaster, PA
Where You Live Now: My house
Nationality: US of A American
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde, really dirty
Eye Color: Blue as
Mode of Transportation: Mini Cooper
Job: Owner Of Punk Rock Shop
What brought you to HF Boards: Temporary lapse in judgement
How you became a hockey fan: Going to Hershey Bears game as a kid
How you became a Canes fan: Whalers fan, followed them down
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The lack of respect
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Erik Cole
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Alex Ovechkin
Other Sports You Like: Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Browns, WVU
College Attended/Attending: WVU & Xavier
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2, PS3, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Dig Dug
Music You Listen To: Punk Rock, Irish, Old Country, Reggae
Favorite Movie(s): Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Big Lebowski, Dawn Of The Dead
Favorite Book(s): Depends on my mood. Classic lit to horror to spy to rock n roll...
Favorite Food(s): Sushi, Sweet Potatoes, Cheeseburgers
Favorite TV Show(s): Survivor, Dexter, Big Love
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Whalers, Canes, Hershey Bears, my own teams
Anything Else: When in doubt, listen to the Ramones

QuitStaaling

Jun 20, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
thenshl.com
Name: Dwayne Hamm
Where You're From: Aiken, South Carolina
Where You Live Now: Spartanburg, South Carolina. Working inBellingham, Washington until January
Nationality: USA
Hair Color: dk brown
Eye Color: brown
Mode of Transportation: Honda accord, Chevy Blazer
Job: Mechanical Engineer
What brought you to HF Boards: Need a safe place to be a Caniac.
How you became a hockey fan: Got urned on playing ea NHL video games back in the way early 90's. Moved to Clemson, South Carolina right when the Greenville Grrrowl joined the ECHL. Traveled to Augusta, Ga for first live hockey game. Got hooked right away. Followed the Grrrowl around the Southeast religiously and missed few home games. Hartford moved just as i was looking for a team closer than San Jose. Hasn't slowed down since.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Winning Stanley Cup
Favorite Canes Player(s): The Core guys..
Favorite NON Canes Player(s): Iginla, Bowmeester and Doan
Other Sports You Like: Soccer and MMA
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Seattle SOunders, Arsenal
College Attended/Attending: USC Aiken, SCC
Video Game Systems Owned: xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): EA NHL, COD, UFC
Music You Listen To: Grateful Dead, Widespread PAnic, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Disco Biscuits, etc
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars
Favorite Book(s): Bible
Favorite Food(s): Partial vegan, beer.
Favorite TV Show(s): Seinfeld, Iron chef
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Canes (2), Panthers, Leafs
Anything Else: Legalize da herb

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Name: Jeff
Where You're From: Lancaster, PA
Where You Live Now: My house
Nationality: US of A American
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde, really dirty
Eye Color: Blue as
Mode of Transportation: Mini Cooper
Job: Owner Of Punk Rock Shop
What brought you to HF Boards: Temporary lapse in judgement
How you became a hockey fan: Going to Hershey Bears game as a kid
How you became a Canes fan: Whalers fan, followed them down
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The lack of respect
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Erik Cole
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Alex Ovechkin
Other Sports You Like: Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Browns, WVU
College Attended/Attending: WVU & Xavier
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2, PS3, Wii
Favorite Game(s): Dig Dug
Music You Listen To: Punk Rock, Irish, Old Country, Reggae
Favorite Movie(s): Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Big Lebowski, Dawn Of The Dead
Favorite Book(s): Depends on my mood. Classic lit to horror to spy to rock n roll...
Favorite Food(s): Sushi, Sweet Potatoes, Cheeseburgers
Favorite TV Show(s): Survivor, Dexter, Big Love
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Whalers, Canes, Hershey Bears, my own teams
Anything Else: When in doubt, listen to the Ramones

Hell yes, another WVU alumnus here. It sucked being the only Big East guy on the board.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Name: Joe
About me: Born/raised/currently in Connecticut - fan of the franchise sine birth
What brought you to HF Boards: Basis disgust for the way the team has been playing recently, needing a place to vent frustrations and see if my opinions gel with other fans.
How you became a hockey fan: Stick in my hand since birth
How you became a Canes fan: On the fence with the team after they moved from Hartford, still followed but didn't really root for them until they signed my childhood hero Ron Francis and that sealed the deal.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: That I can't be blamed for not attending games since I live 500 miles away( I kid I kid)
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Ron Francis, Sami Kapanen for the past, Eric Staal the JUICE now
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Ovechkin, Kopitar, Mario Lemieux, Lucic
Other Sports You Like: NFL, MLB
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: NY Giants and Boston Red Sox
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Signed Ron Francis Whalers jersey, one blue whalers jersey, one green whalers jersey, 2(kids sizes) whalers jerseys from alumuni camp signed by entire alumuni team (including Gordie Howe), Tretiak Red Army jersey, Jeff Hanson (Charelstown Cheifs), One old style red Canes jersey, New England Whalers (#7), North Bay Centenials (#4 Bonvie), Old Tampa Bay Home jersey, Old Maple Leafs 3rd jersey, and countless jerseys from teams I've played for.
Anything Else: I'm now relegated to playing in an old men's league because the guys who play in the pro's(and college for that matter) are so much better than I am.

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
I dont think i actually ever filled one of these out

Name: Dan
Where You're From: Ohio
Where You Live Now: Cary
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: Chevy Monte Carlo
Job: Architect
What brought you to HF Boards: chat with other Canes fans
How you became a hockey fan: Blades of Steel, watching the Columbus Chill
How you became a Canes fan: Relocation
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: frequent cup runs by a non hockey market/barbeque at a hockey game
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Tim Gleason and Tuomo Ruutu.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): alltime = Scott Stevens current = Corey Perry
Other Sports You Like: Football, baseball, college basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Cincinnati Bearcats, Denver Broncos, New York Mets
College Attended/Attending: Cincinnati 96-02 NC State 06
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL '07 on xbox(i need an upgrade)
Music You Listen To: 80's, Heavy Metal, Alternative, almost anything that isnt country
Favorite Movie(s): The Good the Bad & the Ugly, V for Vendetta,
Favorite Book(s): anything with pictures...cmon architects are visual
Favorite Food(s): Asian of all types, Mexican
Favorite TV Show(s): The League, SpongeBob, Big Bang Theory, Jeopardy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Scott Stevens/Devils-away, Devils-Home Devils-Christmas Tree jersey Canes-home Gleason-away
Anything Else: This is probably my most frequented website

Last edited:

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Hello everyone . . .

Long time poster here at HF, been a hockey/PENS fan since 96.

I started to follow the Canes during there cup run in 02, and have always been a fan of Ron Francis.

Recently I find myself playing with the Canes alot more than any other team in NHL10 "YEP BIG GAMER FREAK" and since of started playing with the canes more I started to follow the franchise more, big Eric Staal fan.

So hello everyone, I'll start posting around here more often. Looking forward to the trade deadline, see what the Canes can get for the future and off course the Draft.

:nod:

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Name: Dan
Where You're From: Goldsboro
Where You Live Now: Goldsboro
Nationality:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Mode of Transportation: Car
Job: Looking
What brought you to HF Boards: 2006 Free agency season
How you became a hockey fan: Watched games on TV
How you became a Canes fan: When they moved to Raleigh
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan:
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Staal
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Joe Thornton
Other Sports You Like: Soccer, Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: UNC, ECU, Carolina Panthers
College Attended/Attending: ECU
Video Game Systems Owned: PC, XBOX
Favorite Game(s): COD Modern Warfare 2
Music You Listen To: Rock
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR
Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Food(s):
Favorite TV Show(s): Family Guy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
Anything Else:

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Thanks, ive been trolling along these boards for years reading rumors and game day threads and such. Finally got to make an account and post a little :).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Hello everyone . . .

Long time poster here at HF, been a hockey/PENS fan since 96.

I started to follow the Canes during there cup run in 02, and have always been a fan of Ron Francis.

Recently I find myself playing with the Canes alot more than any other team in NHL10 "YEP BIG GAMER FREAK" and since of started playing with the canes more I started to follow the franchise more, big Eric Staal fan.

So hello everyone, I'll start posting around here more often. Looking forward to the trade deadline, see what the Canes can get for the future and off course the Draft.

:nod:

Always wanted to visit New Zealand. Maybe in a few years.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Where You're From: Ithaca, NY... Go Big Red
Where You Live Now: Cary, NC... Anywhere else a yankee would actually live LOL
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Twin Turbo GTO
What brought you to HF Boards: all other Canes boards suck, unless you can show me one
How you became a hockey fan: Grew up watching Cornell Big Red and playing in their youth camps
How you became a Canes fan: They moved here
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Tailgating and being in the RBC for Playoff hockey
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Gleason, Staal, Wardo, Jussi
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Patrick Kane
Other Sports You Like: Football (NFL and NCAA), NCAA Basketball, Bowling
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Chicago Blackhawks, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Cardinals, Wolfpack
College Attended/Attending: NC State Class of 96... Go Wolfpack
Video Game Systems Owned: Wii, Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): Rockband 2
Favorite Movie(s): The Dark Knight, 40 year old Virgin, Ironman, Gladiator, Juno
Favorite Book(s): Don't enjoy reading
Favorite Food(s): Filet Mignon, Ahi Tuna, Pizza
Favorite TV Show(s): Two and a Half Men, Chuck, CSI's, House, Grey's Anatomy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Red Cole, Black LaRose
Anything Else: Not really

Last edited:

ASUhockeychick

Feb 3, 2010
Boone, NC
Name:Valerie
Sex: Female
Where You're From: Raleigh area
Where You Live Now: Boone NC
Hair Color: blonde/brown
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: feet/car
Job: Astronomy instructor/student
What brought you to HF Boards: CaniacFromAppstate - I read the boards but don't really post at all.
How you became a hockey fan: back in elementary school Stormy and some of his crew came to my school and told us about the Canes. They handed out some tickets and my mom and I went to a game in Greensboro. I've been hooked since then.
How you became a Canes fan: Stormy
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Having a bunch of other great fans to cheer with
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Gleason
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Martin Brodeur, Patrick Roy
Other Sports You Like: baseball, football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: App State
College Attended/Attending: Appalachian State
Video Game Systems Owned: xbox - my parents own everything N64 and older (no joke, everything)
Favorite Game(s): GTA
Music You Listen To: Anything but country, rap or opera or sappy crap.
Favorite Movie(s): October Sky
Favorite Book(s): LOTR
Favorite Food(s): chicken alfredo/ pork chops that CaniacFromAppstate makes
Favorite TV Show(s): LOST
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
White Stormy jersey (one of the first ones made for fans)
White Kapanen
plain white
black jersey
black Gleason
practice jersey
Patrick Roy authentic
I'm dying for a blue USA Gleason jersey
Anything Else: I've played hockey for about 9 or 10 years and I love to play a gritty defensemen (and yes, I am a girl). Ask CaniacFromAppstate how his lip was after I played with him the first time :sarcasm: I'm a geek - astrophysicist - and proud of it.

And CaniacFromAppState is my boyfriend... in case you couldn't interpret that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->