Get rid of Jeremy Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
This is what I have said for days...if this moron is included any longer we won't be seeing hockey in October. Bettman is such a god damn fool for keeping him in the room.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nyrmessier011 said:
This is what I have said for days...if this moron is included any longer we won't be seeing hockey in October. Bettman is such a god damn fool for keeping him in the room.

Well not yet....but if Bettman does not give him the boot after what happened last meeting then he will be the biggest fool.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Just imagine how the governor of another team feels.

Also, Goodenow shouldn't take this stare down so personally. He's got every right to be upset. However, Jacob's views likely doesn't accurately represent the views of the NHL at this moment. Further, although Jacobs is a moron, he is making some members of the union quite wealthy (partly because he was so stupid to sign Thornton and Lapointe to those ridiculous contracts).

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
gc2005 said:
And yet that man and all his billionaire buddies still have the undying love and support of the majority of people who stop by these boards.

Does the following quote look familiar to you at all?

"Ever notice pro-owner fans can't think for themselves and mindlessly believe everythign Gary tells them while pro-player fans can think on their own?

See? I can make idiotic generalizations too."

I guess you can, at that.

NYIsles1*

Folks can say whatever they like about Jacobs and how he treats people or runs his business or what he may or may not have done that some folks say is illegal. I don't know and really do not care.

Jacobs is not the reason the business is shutdown. But he is not going to let corporate owners or Goodenow who could care less how much their hockey operations lose drive this business anymore, I don't blame him. All they did was drive the sport to obscurity.

Jacobs did sign some contracts that were bad for this business and folks can call him greedy but he did not drive this sport to a work stoppage with payrolls above the revenue the Bruins generate and report multi-million dollar losses operating his team. He may not be popular for not spending an extra twenty million on the Bruins so they could also lose money too, but he did manage his business as a business.

The Bruins are also not a team making ten million dollars or more operating that just put all the revenue in the bank.

The corporate owners who could care less what their hockey operations lost just to have advantages in free agency and are incapable of managing their teams without a checkbook are the owners who should go.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
So first of all, this proves that Goodenow has not been stalling and was actually the one who wanted to start planning further meetings...until Jacobs acted like a moron.

Secondly, this proves the exact mindset of this owner and I am guessing that there are many others like him. He has no intent on negotiation and no respect for the PA. For Jacobs, it's simply a money-grab. After all this time, and the loss of a season, he is still demanding the same 54% linkage deal that the owners were proposing before the lockout even started. Isn't it clear that the fans what a deal and the players are never going to accept a leaguewide linked salary cap? They have made enough concessions and the 2 sides can easily make a fair deal. But it almost seems like he NEVER had any intent to negotiate, doesn't it? He is a joke and unfortunately there are probably a dozen other owners like him.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Digger12 said:

"Ever notice pro-owner fans can't think for themselves and mindlessly believe everythign Gary tells them while pro-player fans can think on their own?

Look around man. Most people here support the owners. That's just plain obvious, not some kind of half-witted generalization. I certainly don't understand why most choose to align themselves with the billionaires instead of the millionaires and still complain that the PA hasn't given up enough, but that's why there's discussion borads. If everyone had the same opinion there wouldn't be much point.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
NYIsles1 said:
Folks can say whatever they like about Jacobs and how he treats people or runs his business or what he may or may not have done that some folks say is illegal. I don't know and really do not care.

Jacobs is not the reason the business is shutdown. But he is not going to let corporate owners or Goodenow who could care less how much their hockey operations lose drive this business anymore, I don't blame him. All they did was drive the sport to obscurity.

Jacobs did sign some contracts that were bad for this business and folks can call him greedy but he did not drive this sport to a work stoppage with payrolls above the revenue the Bruins generate and report multi-million dollar losses operating his team. He may not be popular for not spending an extra twenty million on the Bruins so they could also lose money too, but he did manage his business as a business.

Yea but we need a deal first, and when it comes to that, Jacobs is obviously the bigger problem.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
If I'm Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, I tell this clown to go back and work on his other buisness ventures instead of trying to play hardball in these negotiations. This guy is clearly not helping the situation and if he's not helping and causing problems should be left out of negotiations.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hockeyfan02 said:
If I'm Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, I tell this clown to go back and work on his other buisness ventures instead of trying to play hardball in these negotiations. This guy is clearly not helping the situation and if he's not helping and causing problems should be left out of negotiations.
How can people honestly expect the NHLPA and the players to go into a partnership with the owners when you have them like Jacobs .. ???

You just see a small glimpse here at the CBA negotiations .. but what happens when he gets back to running his own team with an iron fist when hockey returns ..

All actions that owners like Jacobs and Wirtz will do in the day to day life of the NHL will effect league Revenue directly and a Hard Cap figure ..

I would bet you would even find numerous OWNERS themselves that would never go into a partnership with owners like Jacobs .

Vic Rattlehead*

I wonder if people realize what Bruins fans were talking about when we said bad things about Jacobs....

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I think Bruins fans have been preaching this clown's antics for years.

You know the NHL is in sad shape when 1/3 of the Original 6 are under bad ownership

jfc

Apr 7, 2004
Jacobs..............

Let's get this part out of the way JACOBS IS AN IDIOT AND SHOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE NEAR FURTHER NEGOTIATIONS! Having said that, look at the quote from the article. His initial exchange with Goodenow seemed innocent enough, then he had the "nerve" to stare down Bob. While that may seem childish(definitely), if BG is so thin-skinned that he can't handle some staring, then maybe they should BOTH hit the road.It's time for both side to grow up, sit down, and get a damned deal done!!!! :madfire:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYIsles1 said:

The Bruins are also not a team making ten million dollars or more operating that just put all the revenue in the bank.

The corporate owners who could care less what their hockey operations lost just to have advantages in free agency and are incapable of managing their teams without a checkbook are the owners who should go.

I dont think that is the issue, I dont care about his past, its what he is doing now, preventing the CBA to get done. Sure its not him alone...but he is certainly not helping the process move forward.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
If Jacobs indeed was the reason the meeting went sour, it would be a tremendous gesture of good faith on the NHL's part to not invite him to further meetings, either replacing him with someone who shares similar views (CAR owner? I know Nashville's guy is already there) or to simply let the other voices in there convey his message but not his attitude.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Digger12 said:

Well it's true. How many posters accused the players of stalling before Daly suggested it? How many posters said a salary cap was a magnet before Bettman said it?

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Kritter471 said:
If Jacobs indeed was the reason the meeting went sour, it would be a tremendous gesture of good faith on the NHL's part to not invite him to further meetings, either replacing him with someone who shares similar views (CAR owner? I know Nashville's guy is already there) or to simply let the other voices in there convey his message but not his attitude.

You want Karmanous to enter the meetings? Karamous has as much hate for the PA as Jacobs.

Wonder why there are no owners of large markets in these meetings?

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
JWI19 said:
You want Karmanous to enter the meetings? Karamous has as much hate for the PA as Jacobs.

Wonder why there are no owners of large markets in these meetings?

Then he'd be a great replacement, if he has as much hate for the PA.

The point isn't to get rid of the dissenting opinion, which is necessary in negotiations. The point of getting rid of Jacobs would be to show that the league is not just trying to push buttons and win a PR war. If Karamous was able to present the opinion without creating confrontational situations (as Jacobs allegedly did), then I'd be all for him in and Jacobs out.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Kritter471 said:
Then he'd be a great replacement, if he has as much hate for the PA.

The point isn't to get rid of the dissenting opinion, which is necessary in negotiations. The point of getting rid of Jacobs would be to show that the league is not just trying to push buttons and win a PR war. If Karamous was able to present the opinion without creating confrontational situations (as Jacobs allegedly did), then I'd be all for him in and Jacobs out.

I dont think Peter could do that. He has noting but hate for the PA and Goodenow. Well atleast thats what i got listening to him in numerous radio interviews.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
If youd been

RangerBoy said:
Gary Bettman needs to call off his dogs such as Jeremy Jacobs.Why is Jacobs is the negotiating room?No CBA will be reached with the likes of Jacobs

According to Tim Panaccio of the Philadelphia Inquirer,Jacobs started a confrontation with Bob Goodenow

Jacobs called out to him, "Do we have an agreement that whatever we're doing, we're not paying more than 54 percent player cost?"

Goodenow, who at that point was talking about schedule dates, was taken aback.

"No, that is not what we're doing," he retorted. "That is a leaguewide cap, and we're not interested in doing that."

Goodenow again told Jacobs that the union's hybrid plan would allow each team to determine, within a specified range, what it would spend on payroll, without guaranteeing a strict percentage.

Jacobs, who favors a small salary cap, got angry.

"He gave Bob a stare-down," one witness said. "Bob doesn't like that."

Jacobs then reportedly said, "Well, I don't know if it will be productive for us to meet, then."

That remark caught everyone at the bargaining table by surprise, since both sides had agreed moments earlier to speed up the negotiations with a set schedule.

Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, someone from the league office - perhaps Bettman or Bill Daly, the NHL's executive vice president and chief legal counsel - apparently pointed out to Jacobs that the goal was to extend the negotiations, not abruptly end them.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/11456882.htm

Are you kidding me?Maybe Jeremy wants to blow off another season of no NHL hockey being played.He is staring down Goodenow?What is this?The fifth grade playground after school.Bob should have taken the water pitcher located in the middle of table and cracked Jacobs over the head with it

Negotiating for 1.5 years and someone just told you they want loopholes in the deal, what would you say?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
rediculous

gc2005 said:
But you can make sure he never sees the inside of a negotiation room ever again. His little tirade didn't exactly help. And it might have derailed the whole process.

If a guy negotiating a 1-2 billion dollar deal cant deal with that he should exit.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Lol

19bruins19 said:
Um, does someone want to buy the Bruins, please? :help:

Chara brought up a good point. Jacobs tactics in the negotiations could be ruining Boston's future.

Dream on.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Thunderstruck said:
I'm sure the UFA's won't consider the Bruins offers, right up until the point when they offer 1% more than anyone else.

Keep Jacobs in the meetings to keep the concessions coming.

WHAT Concessions....

All I saw come out of Jacobs tirade is the NHL saying it won't use replacement players after it happened...

:biglaugh:

His harsh words also may give more motivation for those moderate owners to start working a deal with the PA and motivate them to ignore Jacobs words..

LOL.... If Jacobs keeps opening his fat mouth.... the PA might just get the old CBA back..
;)

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
boo ho!

nyr7andcounting said:
So first of all, this proves that Goodenow has not been stalling and was actually the one who wanted to start planning further meetings...until Jacobs acted like a moron.

Secondly, this proves the exact mindset of this owner and I am guessing that there are many others like him. He has no intent on negotiation and no respect for the PA. For Jacobs, it's simply a money-grab. After all this time, and the loss of a season, he is still demanding the same 54% linkage deal that the owners were proposing before the lockout even started. Isn't it clear that the fans what a deal and the players are never going to accept a leaguewide linked salary cap? They have made enough concessions and the 2 sides can easily make a fair deal. But it almost seems like he NEVER had any intent to negotiate, doesn't it? He is a joke and unfortunately there are probably a dozen other owners like him.

Jacobs... etc etc acted like morons?

How? By demanding how much something is going to cost you?

I suggest you go buy a washer and Dryer and dont ask the price.

There are morons around that table, I dont think Jacobs is one of them.

He's an owner, he cares about the botto line.

Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad