Get out of the way - No.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
OlTimeHockey said:
The owners, BTW, put out a proposal that is guaranteed to allow every team to exist, and have moved away from it only in the hopes for a settlement. Strict as it may seem, it is the only thing I've seen that produces a meaningful prevention of $12M Yashins and Tkachuk's in the future, which would only further ruin this sport.

I don't support either side because both sides ruined the game. I only support the one logical plan that makes fiscal sense.

The edge goes to the owners, but the reality is that both sides are losers.

Gimpy, blowhard, worthless losers.

I've been trying to say the same thing for months. I couldn't give a feck who theoretically wins or loses. But like you alluded to, the obvious fact is that both sides have already lost a great deal. Too many people get wrapped up in supporting one side or the other. If the world and/or the world of business were that black and white, it would be so much simpler. But it rarely, if ever, is.

The health and stability of the league as a whole is what matters. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm all for a plan that gets as close to that as possible (nothing can ever be perfect, right?). Don't give a damn who or where it comes from.

But, it seems unless you're confrontational and/or implore some far-fetched theory regarding business practices, you rarely get noticed around here. It's a pity really, but not unexpected.

Last edited:

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Crazy_Ike said:
Or you could take a step back and realize the players are refusing to play in a system that can still pay them more than a billion dollars a year to bat around a piece of frozen rubber in front of dwindling numbers of people who care.

Some of you have quite obviously lost all perspective and only really know the rhetoric. You actually believe that those things are "sacrifices" for the players. Amazing.
thats all over now anyway - its gonna blow up - there won't be billions for anyone for a long time

mackdogs*

cw7 said:
The health and stability of the league as a whole is what matters. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm all for a plan that gets as close to that as possible (nothing can ever be perfect, right?). Don't give a damn who or where it comes from.
The longer this goes on the more I agree with this. At first it was all about getting everything I wanted out of the new CBA. But now reality has *****slapped me into wondering if this league will return... and what it will look like. What I do know with 100% certainty is that the owners and GB are doing everything they can to make the lague as healthy as possible for the long haul for all 30 teams. Nothing from the PA is attempting to do this. We're way past the band aid solutions the PA keeps flogging.

ResidentAlien*

mackdogs said:
The longer this goes on the more I agree with this. At first it was all about getting everything I wanted out of the new CBA. But now reality has *****slapped me into wondering if this league will return... and what it will look like. What I do know with 100% certainty is that the owners and GB are doing everything they can to make the lague as healthy as possible for the long haul for all 30 teams. Nothing from the PA is attempting to do this. We're way past the band aid solutions the PA keeps flogging.
true, but I dont see how you can say GB and the owners, to this point it doesnt appear as most of them(owners) have been on the same page, although they may be getting there now.

I think they need to realize that no deal is going to be perfect, or %100, id say 65% is pretty good, taking into account waiting out that other 35% and the damage it will do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->