24. Simon Holmstrom
25. Henri Nikkanen
26. Marshall Warren
27. Sasha Mutala
28. Maxim Cajkovic
29. Massimo Rizzo
30. Tobias Bjornfot
31. Graeme Clarke

Really strong year for WHL, they got a lot of talented players (top 10 type of talent), OHL is poor, QMJHL is having a good year. NTDP has a couple of stars, but I don't know if their secondary players are 1st round prospects (Zegras, Beecher, Weight). Defence is good, but no top guy emerging yet, I think it'll be Marshall Warren though. Caufield is too small to go top 10 IMO, teams don't want to miss on those picks. Finland have a couple high-end players, I don't see a lot of talent in Sweden or Russia. Nussbaumer represents SUI. Hayden Fowler, maybe an unknown name had a great year when he got traded off a stacked SSM team to Erie. He should rise, a two-way speedy centre with skill.

Not sold on Caufield without Hughes. At the u18s he looks different than he did on the U17s with Hughes.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have watched Vukojevic many times play for the Rangers. This kid is the real deal.

He only came over to Kitchener half way through the season. His regular season stats of 5 points in 24 games is not as accurate as it looks. He was eased into the lineup.

His 9 points in 17 playoff games is a lot more accurate as to how his play has improved. He has size at 6-3, 212 and plays a physical game. He has been paired with Logan Stanley to play the shut down roll while still creating offence.

This kid is a stud.

Reactions: IceCold

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Where's Knyazev, Sheshin and Kokkonen?
I don't think Knyazev is a 1st round prospect, he was okay at the U17s but I'll have to see more from him. Sheshin, I haven't seen enough of. Kokkonen isn't a quick enough player for me and he isn't a big guy either. He's a good player, but he's around 45.

I have watched Vukojevic many times play for the Rangers. This kid is the real deal.

He only came over to Kitchener half way through the season. His regular season stats of 5 points in 24 games is not as accurate as it looks. He was eased into the lineup.

His 9 points in 17 playoff games is a lot more accurate as to how his play has improved. He has size at 6-3, 212 and plays a physical game. He has been paired with Logan Stanley to play the shut down roll while still creating offence.

This kid is a stud.
He is a beast. He's got the size, mobility, physicality, hockey sense, and puck skills to be a NHL defender. He really checks all the boxes, I think he's going to rise significantly next season in other rankings.

Reactions: IceCold

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
appreciate the effort, but you are off right now on a number of the US kids...

Turcotte goes higher than that, right now in the top 3-4...beyond impressive overall player, generates his own offense/plays a complete two-way game..

Caufield needs to be much higher, not sure what you were watching this year to suggest him not being as good away from Hughes, he hasn't played much at all with Hughes since December and hit 54 goals on the year, one shy of Auston Matthews record...totally needs to be moved into the top 10 despite his frame.

I like that you have Boldy in the mix, good spot as well for him... but absolutely have to have York and Zegras in the top 31. York easily above Warren, that one for me isn't even close right now...Warren is not first round material yet...York is..Beecher is making many top 30's right now, I am a bit hesitant on him, need to see more from him next year in a bigger role as he had a rough year but bounced back nicely after the promotions...Vlasic as well seems to be making most top 30's, his size will put him there, but foot speed needs work...not sold on top 30 but not going to argue against it either.

Weight not on the same level as the others right now. Ryder Rolston would be a top 15-20 if he wasn't a later birthday.

if you have Suzuki at 6, not sure how Kaliyev is that further down??? Kaliyev is the top player out of the OHL for the draft right now, seems underrated by many on HF...

a number of Minnesota HS kids likely getting ranked first round - Brinkman and Donovan to name a few...both elite studs. Look into that crop as well, big year out of Minnesota HS Hockey for this draft.

Robert Mastrosimone out of the USHL- Chicago Steel is a top 31 potential name as well..just electric on the ice, did excellent as a 16 year old in the USHL..definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Very deep year for USA Hockey, some call the 2001 class possibly the best birth year this country has seen in some time...a lot of high end skill and depth everywhere...

I didn't even mention Spencer Knight who if a goalie goes first round, it will be him - next John Gibson.

I am also going to keep an eye on Luke Toporowski - WHL - decent year nothing great, but the kid was a star prior, my gut tells me he bounces back and gets looked at much higher for this draft next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad