GDT: Germany Vs USA

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
yeah so dumb...but how wasn't this a penalty against the US when Pföderl had the big chance? that was a double trip against Reichel.

Zamboni Parade

Mar 12, 2014
Germany
Looking at the shot count, I take it this is one of those games where the Germans pass the puck along nicely but any attempt to actually score peters out in front of the net?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
We can shot as much as we want, it just doesn't go in.

WTF can we do to get something in the net?
Sacrefice a goat?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Gutsy effort by the U.S. team. Not sure what the end result will be for this team as goal scoring seems to be a challenge but off to the quarters!

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I get the feeling that this is synonymous for most german team sports.
Be it football or hockey, we just cannot shoot goals when we need to.
You can't win without goals. A game where this stupid and obvious sentence just says it all.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Work on the quality of the shots. Quantity is nice but most of the shots were from long distance and outside.
I know that. and i commented on that before.

Tomorrow we can skip this bs and just go to the net and work there.
Maybe we can get a goal that way.

keup257

Oct 4, 2010
Lower Saxony
I know that. and i commented on that before.

Tomorrow we can skip this bs and just go to the net and work there.
Maybe we can get a goal that way.
The amount of German scorers might just not be high enough when they are playing defensive good opponents. Still looking forward to tomorrow.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
The thing is we shoot from the blueline and hope for a rebound.
But you cannot base you play on that.

Its like when i play NHl 20 and i am behind.
i try to shot the puck from the blueline too. But i am playing with Brent Burns and Mathias Eckholm.
And if they don't make it somebody else will do it.

Reactions: Kleefeld

keup257

Oct 4, 2010
Lower Saxony
The whole team shows great spirit and many players are performing well. Problem is, that too many people mistake this for actually being really good. Don't get me wrong, Germany is on a really good path but there is still a lot of work to do. But there are not enough Stützles, Draisaitls and Kahuns to fulfill the expectations which where created by media and whoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kleefeld

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Looking at the shot count, I take it this is one of those games where the Germans pass the puck along nicely but any attempt to actually score peters out in front of the net?

A lot of credit to Petersen in goal for the USA. He was very good.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I mean playing Bruckmann already gave away that Germany is putting more hope on the Latvia game :D

Seems like going back to his junior days Felix has not gotten the credit he deserves. Hard to fault him for the one goal he allowed and the breakaway stop he made late in the game was huge. Haven't seen much of Germany this tournament but he seemed far better than a third goalie - and his numbers the past two seasons seem to bear that out.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The whole team shows great spirit and many players are performing well. Problem is, that too many people mistake this for actually being really good. Don't get me wrong, Germany is on a really good path but there is still a lot of work to do. But there are not enough Stützles, Draisaitls and Kahuns to fulfill the expectations which where created by media and whoever.
For the fans who have been through the relegation and the Hans Zach grinder years this looks really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad