German Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I doubt he'll play, especially in the only game I'm likely to get on TV here (the one vs Canada), but I so want to see Greiss suit up. Kid's got some skills, and I love the fact that he's a Sharks prospect.

rbeeler

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
This roster cries out for Len Soccio and perhaps a good shot of Dieter Hegen.

That would be nice, along with Kuhnhackl! Perhaps some nastiness on the blueline (Udo Kiessling).

I really hope that the DEL'ers with scoring ability are able to step up and play a larger role on this team. It would be a shame to have only Sturm score (as it seemed to be the case in the World Cup of Hockey).

Hopefully Greiss will see some action (Zach used to play all goalies at least one game). Don't know about Canada, but I think all of the games are televised in the US (as they were for the SLC games).

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I watched the Flyers @ Rangers game on friday and a ranger put a pretty bad knee on knee hit on Seidenberg, I believe it was Nieminen.
He was testing his knee after that hit and he looked not very optimistic.
Let's hope it's not a tear.

Ah no, there it is:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/hockey/13569493.htm
"I had an MCL tear a few years ago, and I know what it feels like," Seidenberg said last night. "And this feels the same. The knee is pretty tight. I can't believe I'm hurt again."
:cry:

Last edited:

RangersFan88*

there goal should be to get under the best 8
everything that would go under that is a big dissapointment and anything over it would be big
i will cheer for this them
but if the coach wont be able to get some confidence into this team it wont work ...
in the world cup of hockey when they played the finns i thought they had a chance of beating them but they they did not believe in their actual strenght
they can do it ,they just need somebody to tell them that everything is possible in hockey ,everything

LET'S GO DEUTSCHLAND !!!!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Lüdemann won't play for Germany again, he retired because of Poss and already said that he isn't interested in returning, even though Poss is gone now.

It would be horrible if Seidenberg misses the Olympics, there is simply no one to replace him. All defenders who are even close to him are already on the team...

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
A poster on another claims that it's just a mild sprain and that he's day to day. God I hope he's right. I would be glad for Dennis too, he sure was hurt a lot over the last years. (broken leg, torn MCL, broken wrist)

How long would a mild sprain need to heal? I guess there's still a possibility that he woudl rule himself out of the olympics to fully heal.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
GiganticSnake said:
No love for Sven Butenschon? :confused:
He is not (yet) allowed to play for Germany.

He was born in Germany as a German citizen, but moved to Canada when he was 2 years old. As a result of this he also took the canadian citizenship.

According to IIHF rules, if someone with 2 citizenships wants to play for one of these 2 countries, you need to play in that country at least 2 years. Until 2004 Butenschön hadn't played a bit in Germany. He then played in 2004-2005 for Mannheim in Germany. If he wants to play for Germany in international tournaments, he needs to play another year in Germany ... or try to make the Canadian roster ;).

Force

Jan 26, 2006
I think germany can win gold this time.

I know i should be a nice guy and go with the understatement. But then again, no i'm going to stick with gold. This time things feel diffrent. So many NHL players, a Coach that is still more of an NHL player than a coach, awesome goalkeepers and With Jochen Hecht someone that could become the next Peter Forsberg. Olympic Penalty-Shots can do strange things to Players...

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
MAF said:
He is not (yet) allowed to play for Germany.

He was born in Germany as a German citizen, but moved to Canada when he was 2 years old. As a result of this he also took the canadian citizenship.

Well, that and he sucks.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Anyone know who will replace Hackert (broken jaw) and Hecht (sprained knee) and what the forward lines will look like now?

Thanks.

Safir*

Force said:
I think germany can win gold this time.

I know i should be a nice guy and go with the understatement. But then again, no i'm going to stick with gold. This time things feel diffrent. So many NHL players, a Coach that is still more of an NHL player than a coach, awesome goalkeepers and With Jochen Hecht someone that could become the next Peter Forsberg. Olympic Penalty-Shots can do strange things to Players...

I hate to burst your bubble, but Hecht is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->