German Prospects for the NHL Draft

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I edit and complete the list in #373 with the list in #375.

Philip Hecht is not his father. He is with 6'3'' a really oversized player for a 2003 with low skating and stickhandling skills. In my opinion, he is only in the Mannheimer Eliteprogramm because his name is Hecht.

Have never seen him play but being 6-foot-3 as an '03 D-man isn't exactly bad, skating can be improved, and stick handling isn't super important for all D-men. (It probably should be but it isn't, just look at Dennis Reul).

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
Hecht never played Defender until present day. We will see, how is new coach is planing. I can see Hecht in the upcoming season. I report.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hello everybody,

i'm new, but very interested in the German Top-prospects. In response of the post #370 my two cents:

Talents 2001:

G Tobias Ancicka; Eisbären Juniors Berlin U19
D Moritz Seider; Mannheimer Jungadler U19
D Christian Obu; Starbulls Rosenheim U19
D Jan Nijenhuis; Mannheimer Jungadler U19
F Nino Kinder; Eisbären Juniors Berlin U19
F Filip Reisenecker; Mannheimer Jungadler U19
F Manuel Alberg; KEC Kölner Junghaie U19
F Kevin Strom; KEC Kölner Junghaie U19
F Sebastian Stanik; Starbulls Rosenheim U19
F Jan Schumacher; Krefelder EV 1981 U19
F Kevin Slezak; EC Bad Tölz U19
F Filip Varejcka; EC Red Bull Salzburg U18

Talents 2002:

G Florian Bugl; EC Red Bull Salzburg U17
G Arno Tiefensee; ES Weißwasser U16
D Leonard Korus; KEC Kölner Junghaie U16
D Maximilian Glötzl; KEC Kölner Junghaie U16
D Daniel Schwaiger; EC Red Bull Salzburg U17
F Lukas Reichel; Starbulls Rosenheim U16
F Tim Stützle; Krefelder EV 1981 U16
F John-Jason Peterka; EC Red Bull Salzburg U17
F Samuel Dube; EC Red Bull Salzburg U17
F Fabian Herrmann, EV Regensburg U16
F Josef Eham; EC Bad Tölz U16
F Jimmy Martinovic; SC Bietigheim-Bissingen U16
F Jakub Borzecki; SC Bietigheim-Bissingen U16
F Senna Peters; EC Red Bull Salzburg U17
F Joshua Samanski; Mannheimer Jungadler U16
F Florian Elias; Mannheimer Jungadler U16
F Maximilian Miller, ESV Kaufbeuren U16
F David Diebolder, ESV Kaufbeuren U16

I named more than 10 players. 10 is a really hard cut for young players on the way to elite. Nobody knows the development of the players in the puberty.

Talent 2003:

F Robin van Calster; KEC Kölner Junghaie U16
F Klaus Heigl; EC Bad Tölz U16
F Nikolaus Heigl; EC Bad Tölz U16
G Nikita Quapp; EC Red Bull Salzburg U16
G Luca Ganz; ESV Kaufbeuren U14

Talents 2004:

F Julian Lutz; EC Red Bull Salzburg U16
F Moritz Elias; ESV Kaufbeuren U14

Interesting lists... At the moment, I believe that Moritz Seider is the most likely candidate to find his way to the CHL by the time he's draft-eligible. Already has the size and the recent U18 showed that there's more to him that you'll see from most every German defensive prospect in recent years.

And let's be honest: Germany has a very, very hard time developing Dmen of international class.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Interesting lists... At the moment, I believe that Moritz Seider is the most likely candidate to find his way to the CHL by the time he's draft-eligible. Already has the size and the recent U18 showed that there's more to him that you'll see from most every German defensive prospect in recent years.

And let's be honest: Germany has a very, very hard time developing Dmen of international class.

Yeah, I like Seider a lot as well. Has some work to do, but definitely Germany's No. 1 D-prospect right now.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Stachowiak ranked 217th in Future Considerations' final rankings.

Bokk ranked 99th among 2018 eligibles.

Last edited:

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
I forgot one 2002 in my list:
F Daniel Pronin - Mannheimer Jungadler U16

I think, more will following when the season is running.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I keep forgetting where everyone's located here, so forgive this question, but is there anyone from Mannheim on here? I might drive down for the DEL Junior Cup at the end of August.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I keep forgetting where everyone's located here, so forgive this question, but is there anyone from Mannheim on here? I might drive down for the DEL Junior Cup at the end of August.

I have thought about going there myself, at least for one of the days.

The drive would be roughly an hour for me.
The problem is that I never know until the last moment whether I can get away from work, and that includes weekends.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I have thought about going there myself, at least for one of the days.

The drive would be roughly an hour for me.
The problem is that I never know until the last moment whether I can get away from work, and that includes weekends.

Same for me. I could go on the 25th at the earliest and would likely be there for no more than three days, but likely even less.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
The Award-Winners of the Erich-Kühnhackl-Stiftung for the best U16-players:

Forward
Manuel Alberg, 2001 - KEC Kölner Junghaie U16

Defender
Moritz Seider, 2001 - Mannheimer Jungadler U16

Goalie
Tobias Ancicka, 2001 - Eisbären Juniors Berlin U16

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Polish interview with Wojtek Stachowiak, via Google Translate:

I found out about the drafts from my manager and both for me and him it was a great surprise, but also motivated me to even heavier workouts. We knew about the interest of the CHL teams, but information from the NHL and Scout teams that I had the chance to draft was a pleasant surprise.

There is also much talk of interest from the local Canadian Hockey League clubs, who can, using the so-called import draft (28 June), put on you. Moving to Canada already next season comes into play?

Yes, I have information about the interest of several CHL clubs with my person. Of course, it is still not certain, because the drafty rule their rights and nothing is sure which of these teams I could hit. And if it does, then of course I'm going to this season. My dream is to play in America.

http://eurosport.onet.pl/zimowe/hok...-polski-talent-bedzie-gral-dla-niemiec/6lctfz

Last edited:

Miric

Jan 8, 2017
Bokk won't go to Prince Albert(WHL). He will go over to Sweden but I´m not sure which team. I don't know why he made this decision but I think he and his Agents had reasons for that.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
G Florian Bugl and F Martin Reichel was selected by DEB for the Hockey Development Camp (HDC) in Vierumäki/FIN.
Very good selection! :handclap:

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Apparently Bokk joins Växjö Lakers for the coming season. At least it's the club listed as his team in this roster for the upcoming U20 tournament.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/07/u20-nationalmannschaft-4-nationen-turnier-in-der-slowakei/

Yes, I talked to someone within the Växjö organisation who confirmed this. Seems to be a combination of his agent's connections, Växjö's program and the fact that Bokk only wanted to play in the OHL if in NA at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad