F Soramies Samuel 30.06.98 182 82 L Jungadler Mannheim
F Sternheimer Marco 14.08.98 180 69 L Augsburger EV
F Strodel Nicolas 24.11.98 178 73 L Düsseldorfer EG
F Hessler Vincent 20.03.98 186 89 R Eisbären Juniors Berlin
F Köhler Mick 23.02.98 190 90 L Kölner EC 'Die Haie'
F Postel Niklas 19.03.98 180 76 L Red Bull Salzburg
F Walther Timo 20.01.98 180 85 L Jungadler Mannheim
F Zitterbart Luca 03.09.98 171 79 L EV Landshut

They released the roster for the tournament in Zilina (SVK).

I have updated the OP for the U20 accordingly.

According to the roster released on the DEB website, Bokk will play for Växjö Lakers next season.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/07/u20-nationalmannschaft-4-nationen-turnier-in-der-slowakei/

Last edited:

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
They released the roster for the tournament in Zilina (SVK).

I have updated the OP for the U20 accordingly.

According to the roster released on the DEB website, Bokk will play for Växjö Lakers next season.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/07/u20-nationalmannschaft-4-nationen-turnier-in-der-slowakei/

Why is Maximilian Eisenmenger mit invited I have heard he will play for the University of Notre Dame in NCAA Div1 next season. I believe not many Germans born 1998 can play there.

loewe80

Oct 30, 2012
He played u17 last time from Germany, what I have read here some month ago, he wants to play for Sweden, hope he changes his minds, also not sure why Koehler, kieslinger, bergman and ugebilke not invited.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You guys can of course disagree with me, but I don't think either of the Eisenmenger brothers are good prospects or huge loses if they do decide to join Sweden. They would pretty much only be depth pieces for either Sweden or Germany and it's their loss if they want to join Sweden (which will be a much hard nation to get into).

Nikita Alexandrov is a much bigger potential loss, any words why he hasn't played for Germany yet? Even for the U18 team?

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
You guys can of course disagree with me, but I don't think either of the Eisenmenger brothers are good prospects or huge loses if they do decide to join Sweden. They would pretty much only be depth pieces for either Sweden or Germany and it's their loss if they want to join Sweden (which will be a much hard nation to get into).

Nikita Alexandrov is a much bigger potential loss, any words why he hasn't played for Germany yet? Even for the U18 team?

I think he's leaning russia.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think he's leaning russia.

I don't think he's even eligible for Russia? His brother Artjom is since he's played two years in the MHL, but he's definitely not even close to making any Russian team based on his numbers. Concerning Nikita's history, it dates back to what I believe is when he was 12 years old, where he spent that time in Germany. And now he's going to the Quebec to play major juniors and not the MHL. Perhaps he was too young for the German U18 team and this year when he turns 17 he will be in prime position to get a top 6 spot. Of course he has to accept it, but going to Quebec further destroys his chance with Team Russia, especially if he's not even eligible for them.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015

Have you ever seen one of the Eisenmenger brothers watched playing?

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
The list with the invites for the U16 Supercamp in Füssen has been released.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/07/9264/

I have listed the players in the U16 OP on the first page.

Jimmy Martinovic
Bietigheim -> Köln

Jakob Borzecki
Bietigheim -> Köln

Justin Volek
Lindau -> Kaufbeuren

Arno Tiefensee
Weisswasser -> Bad Tölz

Ludwig Danzer
Klostersee -> Rosenheim

Tim Stützle
Krefeld -> Mannheim

Daniel Schwaiger
München -> Salzburg

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Jimmy Martinovic
Bietigheim -> Köln

Jakob Borzecki
Bietigheim -> Köln

Justin Volek
Lindau -> Kaufbeuren

Arno Tiefensee
Weisswasser -> Bad Tölz

Ludwig Danzer
Klostersee -> Rosenheim

Tim Stützle
Krefeld -> Mannheim

Daniel Schwaiger
München -> Salzburg

Thank you for the update. I just used the information from the Link.
I will change the OP accordingly.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
DEB U16 Supercamp

This following players aren't not in the Supercamp:

- D Felix Schurr - ESV Kaufbeuren
- F Tim Stützle - Jungadler Mannheim
- D Maksymilian Szuber - Red Bull Salzburg
- G Jonas Natterer - Jungadler Mannheim
- D Dustin Scholz - Krefelder EV

Added player:

- G Gion Ulmer - Eisbären Juniors Berlin
- G Levi Schlenker - Schwenninger ERC
- D Wassilij Guft-Sokolov - EHC München
- D Eric Bergen - EV Ravensburg
- D Dennis Dietmann - EC Bad Tölz
- F Nikita Naumann - EV Füssen
- F/D Maul, Sascha - Deggendorfer EC

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why you are not answer the question? It seems to be that you more like players from the east!!!!
Your English is quite bad in the other post so I have no idea what you're asking me. Second, people have lives and I'm not on this forum 24/7 of my day. I think you asked me if I ever watched the Eisenmenger brothers and I said in the previous post that I am judging based off stats. There are always darkhorse players who develop later on, but nothing of their stats tell me they are anything special or more than depth players for either country. Thus it isn't a huge loss if they decide to join Sweden.

And as I said before, Nikita Alexandrov is a potential huge loss for Germany if he wants to play for Russia, not Eisenmenger brother. He (Nikita) is way more talented.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The rosters for the DEL Junior Cup (U18) in Mannheim and the 5-Nation-Tournament in Ostrava (U17) have been released.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/08/u18-nationalmannschaft-beim-del-junior-cup-2017-in-mannheim/

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/08/u17-nationalmannschaft-5-nationen-turnier-in-ostrava/

I will be in Mannheim on Thursday next week to catch two of the games (Germany vs. St. Andrew's College and Jungadler Mannheim vs. Lokomotive Jaroslavl) live.

All games will also be streamed live and on demand here: http://sportdeutschland.tv/eishockey

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
The rosters for the DEL Junior Cup (U18) in Mannheim and the 5-Nation-Tournament in Ostrava (U17) have been released.

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/08/u18-nationalmannschaft-beim-del-junior-cup-2017-in-mannheim/

http://www.deb-online.de/2017/08/u17-nationalmannschaft-5-nationen-turnier-in-ostrava/

I will be in Mannheim on Thursday next week to catch two of the games (Germany vs. St. Andrew's College and Jungadler Mannheim vs. Lokomotive Jaroslavl) live.

All games will also be streamed live and on demand here: http://sportdeutschland.tv/eishockey

The live stream is a pain to watch because they show most through the cameras in the corners... I'm hoping to make it down to Mannheim on Saturday.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The live stream is a pain to watch because they show most through the cameras in the corners... I'm hoping to make it down to Mannheim on Saturday.

As I posted earlier I'll be in Mannheim tomorrow, unless something out of the ordinary happens between now and then.

I'll probably make a post with my impressions on Friday, since it will probably be pretty late when I get home on Thursday.

I guess the stream hasn't improved any from last year.
Nevertheless, I plan to take a look at all the games this weekend.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
As I posted earlier I'll be in Mannheim tomorrow, unless something out of the ordinary happens between now and then.

I'll probably make a post with my impressions on Friday, since it will probably be pretty late when I get home on Thursday.

I guess the stream hasn't improved any from last year.
Nevertheless, I plan to take a look at all the games this weekend.

I actually used last year's streams to get an early look at Mannheim and the U18 but this year it's totally useless.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So, that was interesting. I watched the two games last night focussing on the players from Team Germany and Jungadler Mannheim, so I can't really say anything about the players from St.Andrew's or Yaroslavl.

Team Germany U18 vs. St.Andrew's College 2-3 SO

Overall: Not a single player was standing out in a way that got me excited, but there were a few bright spots.

Goalie: Roman Steiger did a very solid job. He made a couple difficult saves and very few mistakes. Sometimes I thought his lateral movement was a little slow, but overall I liked what I saw. He was named Germany's best player of the game.

Defense:
My "best player" for Team Germany was Alexander Dersch. I liked his calm composure and his defensive awareness. He broke up several plays in different ways. On offense he showed a couple of glimpses as well, but was overall a little tentative.
2 other defenders who had decent games were Daniel Wirt and to a lesser degree Eric Mik. Also Leon Hüttl had a couple nice offensive moves, but was overall a little less noticeable.

Forwards:
Several forwards showed flashes of skill. I liked some of the things I saw from Eric Betzold, Johannes Brunner, Taro Jentzsch and Edwin Schitz but there were also some negatives in their games.
For 4 other forwards I want to go into slightly more detail. The best forward in this game, at least for me, was Dennis Lobach. He was all over the ice, very active and always right in the middle of things. He had pretty good chemistry with Betzold and Schitz and, in a game that was not really structured, their line was the one that actually created some offense by passing plays and not just from turnovers or individual efforts.
Timo Bakos was also very involved in the play, but a little more on the defensive side. He broke up a couple of counter attacks and played a nice, physical 200ft-game.
Luis Ãœffing was also very interesting to watch. It was close for me between him and Lobach as best forward. Ãœffing skates pretty well for a big kid and played a physical game on both ends of the ice. He used his size and momentum, when he picked up speed to create chances and always worked hard on the back check.
Lastly a few words on Gregory Saakyan. He didn't have a particularly noteworthy game, as in he tried a lot but nothing seemed to work really. He got close several times to set up one of his linemates or getting a decent shot of himself, but it seemed like every time, something went wrong at the very end. What was noticeable with him was his strength. If only he was 4-5 inches taller, he would make a great power forward. He used his overall strength and low center of gravity to absorb checks and protect the puck under physical pressure. But again, overall he was a little unlucky.

That's it about the first game.
I will add a write up for the Jungadler game later today.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Here are my thoughts on game 2:
Jungadler Mannheim vs. Loko Yaroslavl 0-5

Overall: It showed that Yaroslavl had mostly players born in '99 and some '00s in there, while Mannheim had a couple of '99s and then about equal numbers of '00s and '01s, and even one player born in 2002.
Yaroslavl played a more mature and structured game and was clearly the better team.

Goalie: Jonas Gähr and Henrik Huwer split duties in goal. Neither one of them really stood out to me.

Defense:
There were two defenders that looked clearly better than all the rest. Moritz Seider, despite a few mistakes here and there, continues to impress me. Most of the time he was handling himself really well on the defensive side making the right decision almost every time. One notable exception was, when he delivered a crushing hit in the offensive zone, as the play went the other way and Yaroslavl scored. He did something similar again later, but this time his teammates covered better for him. It was the first time I have seen Seider play this physical. I really hope he keeps developing this well because he is a treat to watch, smooth skating, good stickwork on defense, great awareness (most of the time) and very good outlet passes. While he obviously has room for improvement, I don't see any glaring weaknesses in his game. The other defenseman that stood out in a mostly positive way was Tobias Möller. He showed flashes of his potential on both offense, where he carried the puck into the attacking zone by weaving through multiple opposing players in the neutral zone and at the blue line, and also on defense, where he played a sound physical style, pushing attackers off the puck.

Forwards:
Wojciech Stachowiak and Maik Fischer the '99s on the Jungadler tried to lead the way and both had some good moments, but they were at times outplayed on their line by '02 born Tim Stützle. Stachowiak and Fischer played a more complete game, but more often than not Stützle was in the middle of it when Mannheim had one of their few chances. Yannik Valenti showed flashes of absolute brilliance and skill, but lacked consistency and was invisble for long stretches. He seemed to struggle to find chemistry with Tim Fleischer and Jan Nijenhuis who were his linemates for the most part. One positive thing I noticed about Valenti compared to when I had watched him last year was, that his defensive game seemed improved. His stint on defense appears to have paid off. I also liked Valenti's vision, although his passes mostly failed to reach his intended targets, for various reasons. Sometimes they were poorly executed, sometimes defenders made good plays.
Louis Brune had a decent game and was involved in several notable plays. I liked his transition game from defense to offense. On a couple of instances he or one of his teammates won the puck, he picked it up and quickly initiated a counter attack with good acceleration and solid stick handling.

I made both write ups from memory (I didn't take any notes) I hope I didn't get anything mixed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad