German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yesterday's result and calling out Götze seals the deal. Stöger will be out sooner rather than later.
Who's next?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like ever since Reus has returned, Goetze has struggled, and I think its partly because Stoeger has them switch around too much during the course of a match. Stoeger seems to believe that Reus is a #10 or very capable of playing the position, he's played there a lot. Goetze is purely a central player. He can occupy wide spots if the on-field play dictates he goes wide, but he shouldn't be playing large amounts of the game as a winger. Thats a good way for your best player to be ineffective.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I feel like ever since Reus has returned, Goetze has struggled, and I think its partly because Stoeger has them switch around too much during the course of a match. Stoeger seems to believe that Reus is a #10 or very capable of playing the position, he's played there a lot. Goetze is purely a central player. He can occupy wide spots if the on-field play dictates he goes wide, but he shouldn't be playing large amounts of the game as a winger. Thats a good way for your best player to be ineffective.

Yep. I agree. Götze is playing far too wide. Anyone with half a brain can see he isn't fast, he's not going to beat a defender one on one, and is generally totally wasted out wide. And Stöger calls him out for playing badly in the terrible spot where Stöger put him.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
No Dortmund player on the roster for the upcoming games vs. Brazil and Spain. Last games before the WC. Reus was clear, because of his recent injury.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Maybe im a bit spoiled from the team under Klopp and Tuchel.
But there are some players i like.
Pisczek, Guerreiro, Kagawa, Reus, Sancho, Pulisic, Batshuayi
Dahoud is a talented player, but it needs more time to see, if he can grow into leader role for Dortmund.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Please tell me you’re English & don’t mean what I think you mean when you say “middle-class”
I am not Bure, but I think I know what he means. Götze is far away from being as dominat as he used to be. As of today he isn't liked by Stöger and Low.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Raffa comes on at the 70th minute, BMG ties it at the 71st

I am not Bure, but I think I know what he means. Götze is far away from being as dominat as he used to be. As of today he isn't liked by Stöger and Low.

Mario is having the best season he's had since his second year in bavaria. And being disliked by Stoger is proof.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Raffa comes on at the 70th minute, BMG ties it at the 71st

Mario is having the best season he's had since his second year in bavaria. And being disliked by Stoger is proof.
He is NOT on Löw's roster! You think he is special right now? Did you watch the game vs Salzburg? No, he is not good right now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He is NOT on Löw's roster! You think he is special right now? Did you watch the game vs Salzburg? No, he is not good right now.

Nah skipped the Salzburg embarassment because Stoger really has them playing hideous football; but I've watched Mario plenty this year and he's been having arguably his best season now that he's finally being used more like an 8...like I've been saying he should be for years...even with Stoger's horribly organized possession play.

And who cares if he's not on Jogi's roster? Neither are Kruse or Kramer. Jogi's a known idiot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe im a bit spoiled from the team under Klopp and Tuchel.
But there are some players i like.
Pisczek, Guerreiro, Kagawa, Reus, Sancho, Pulisic, Batshuayi
Dahoud is a talented player, but it needs more time to see, if he can grow into leader role for Dortmund.

Fair enough. I don't agree with you about Goetze or Weigl, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I like Sancho as well, and I'm tired of watching Schurrle trampoline the ball off his knee every time he shows for the ball. We need to stop using Schurrle, and start using Philipp and Sancho.

The winger spots should be a four man rotation of Reus, Pulisic, Philipp and Sancho. Reus and Philipp can also be used as back ups for Batshuayi. Don't want to see Schurrle again this season. Tell him to pack his bags, and find a different team in the summer transfer window.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anyway, in the half hour that Raffa played BMG scored 2 and gave up one, but if Drmic weren't useless they would've scored 3.

Now that he's back BMG can go on a run to save their season...especially if Hecking gives this back 3 thing a serious run:

Raffa - Stindl
Hazard/Cuisance
Johnson - Zakaria - Kramer -Hofmann
Elvedi - Vestegaard - Ginter​

Last edited:

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Sorry middle-class was the wrong word. Medicore is the right word. Im not even harsh with my words, Some one a German Sportforum called his performence against Salzburg not fit for Bundesliga.
I follow him since he was 16. Years ago he was the best BVB player and one of the most talented guys, i ever saw in German Football. But he lost all his strength. Its no accident that Stöger, Zorc, Löw, Matthäus and many others criticize him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah skipped the Salzburg embarassment because Stoger really has them playing hideous football; but I've watched Mario plenty this year and he's been having arguably his best season now that he's finally being used more like an 8...like I've been saying he should be for years...even with Stoger's horribly organized possession play.

And who cares if he's not on Jogi's roster? Neither are Kruse or Kramer. Jogi's a known idiot.

I think Stoeger wants to play with two strikers, and he's too scared to actually do so at a big club. I think Stoeger doesn't think Goetze fits in his style of neanderthal football. He might consider Goetze too much of a luxury player for his style.

Some of the tactical changes he makes in the front-line are bizarre. He's used Schurrle in the #10 role, he's used Reus in the #10 role, he brings on Isak as a second striker often when we need a goal.

I like Reus, but not a #10, he's a left-winger or a false 9. I think Schurrle as a #10 was just a disguise to play two strikers. And while I think Isak could be a decent player eventually, he pretty much sucks right now, and should not be taking the spot during a winnable match of a real #10.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sorry middle-class was the wrong word. Medicore is the right word. Im not even harsh with my words, Some one a German Sportforum called his performence against Salzburg not fit for Bundesliga.
I follow him since he was 16. Years ago he was the best BVB player and one of the most talented guys, i ever saw in German Football. But he lost all his strength. Its no accident that Stöger, Zorc, Löw, Matthäus and many others criticize him.

Zorc is the only one of those names I have any respect for, and I must have missed his comments on Mario.

Idiots like Lodar are expected to talk shit about him now that Mario plays deeper and has a much more subtle influence on the game. That's not actually proof of anything since Lodar is one of the dumbest humans capable of breathing for themselves.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Stoeger wants to play with two strikers, and he's too scared to actually do so at a big club. I think Stoeger doesn't think Goetze fits in his style of neanderthal football. He might consider Goetze too much of a luxury player for his style.

Some of the tactical changes he makes in the front-line are bizarre. He's used Schurrle in the #10 role, he's used Reus in the #10 role, he brings on Isak as a second striker often when we need a goal.

I like Reus, but not a #10, he's a left-winger or a false 9. I think Schurrle as a #10 was just a disguise to play two strikers. And while I think Isak could be a decent player eventually, he pretty much sucks right now, and should not be taking the spot during a winnable match of a real #10.

That's cause Stoger only knows how to bunker and pray for set pieces. Thus why Koln imploded when they no longer had Modeste flying through the air for them to bounce goals in off of.

Organizing possession is simply beyond his capabilities.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

He has been on Löw's roster many times in his second spell at Dortmund, where you think he has been average.

No surprise that it goes totally over your head that he was put in a position where he couldn't succeed against Salzburg, since you completely misunderstand the role of coaching in drawing out good performances from players.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Zorc is the only one of those names I have any respect for, and I must have missed his comments on Mario.

Idiots like Lodar are expected to talk **** about him now that Mario plays deeper and has a much more subtle influence on the game. That's not actually proof of anything since Lodar is one of the dumbest humans capable of breathing for themselves.

Zorc is certainly a reactionary when it comes to blaming the players alone. Remember a few weeks ago when Bürki complained about the fans ridiculing him and Zorc sided with the fans and criticized Bürki as well? Similar case with Götze.
Michael Zorc hat in der Diskussion um die Kritik an Mario Götze (25, Foto) Verständnis für die deutlichen Worte von Trainer Peter Stöger geäußert. „Es geht gar nicht darum, Einzelne rauszupicken“, sagte der Sportdirektor von Borussia Dortmund am Freitag nach der Rückkehr aus Salzburg. „Aber es ist nicht nur das Recht, sondern auch die absolute Pflicht des Trainers, die Dinge anzusprechen, die nicht funktionieren. Ich stehe 100-prozentig dahinter.“

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
He has been on Löw's roster many times in his second spell at Dortmund, where you think he has been average.

No surprise that it goes totally over your head that he was put in a position where he couldn't succeed against Salzburg, since you completely misunderstand the role of coaching in drawing out good performances from players.

Sure all great German Ex-Football Players are not happy with Götze's performence but you know it better. I know many BVB Fans. You are almost the only one who is happy with his performence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad