Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
See, the thing about Dortmund is that they always try to walk it in :sarcasm:

tumblr_mvnicyDQx41rv3w77o3_r1_250.gif

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Two years ago this would've been Tuchel v Favre, instead it's archaic coach A v archaic coach B *sigh*

If they can continue to string together some of the passing movements that they started to after the goal, the cooler Borussia just might do the unexpected and get a result without Raffa.

I feel like most of the time when I sit to watch some M'gladbach Raffael is out for some reason.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You want to sell him rather than just get him back playing for WHU?
Not totally, still think the team was colossally stupid for not making room for him this season.

But he seems to want to leave and Leipzig was rumored to offer stupid money for him. Plus, he's been sort of leapt on the depth chart by Declan Rice.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Cuisance going at Dahoud 1 on 1...why do I feel like we'll be seeing those two running at each in a WC or EC final sooner or later?

You want to sell him rather than just get him back playing for WHU?

I don't get the hype from some quarters for Oxford's season. He's a clear problem for BMG's possession play; gives it away too cheaply, can't create much, and takes to long to make bad decisions anyway...even though his mobility, strength & tackling are certainly appreciated.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't get the hype from some quarters for Oxford's season. He's a clear problem for BMG's possession game; even though his mobility, strength & tackling are certainly appreciated.

I can't speak to the hype one way or another as I haven't watched Gladbach much this year but I'm not surprised it followed after he made his EPL debut at 16. I wasn't crazy about him then though.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Dortmund have wasted all their stored up good luck the past few weeks just to get to "slightly above average"

That's the kind of match that even winning you must be mad at the team. Completly outplayed and some controversial non-calls for BMG too. Entertaining match, though. With Raffael, we would've won the Borussia's derby :sarcasm:

Reactions: cgf

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't get the hype from some quarters for Oxford's season. He's a clear problem for BMG's possession play; gives it away too cheaply, can't create much, and takes to long to make bad decisions anyway...even though his mobility, strength & tackling are certainly appreciated.
Not sure how much you can really tell one way or the other on 4 appearances. He didn't look particularly good on his two cup showings in between BMG loans, though.

If RBL really follows through with that €17million offer I take it and run forever.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Came here to whine about the pitch, but all of you already did :D
Fun game. Not high level from both teams, but high energy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't speak to the hype one way or another as I haven't watched Gladbach much this year but I'm not surprised it followed after he made his EPL debut at 16. I wasn't crazy about him then though.

I get that hype from english fans that don't watch BMG much; and I even get why some older gladbach fans appreciate his throwback defending style...but his limitations are just so palpable on a team where so many players can flow so smoothly with the ball. Even Ginter is starting to take less than a half turn of the moon to make decisions...nevermind Elvedi / Vestegaard / Kramer / Zakaria / Cuisance / Stindl / Hazard / Raffa; when those guys are one touching the ball up n down the pitch it's really jarring to watch Oxford stutter stepping with confused look on his face as he scans the field and waits for his brain to give him further instructions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure how much you can really tell one way or the other on 4 appearances. He didn't look particularly good on his two cup showings in between BMG loans, though.

If RBL really follows through with that €17million offer I take it and run forever.

There's a subset of Gladbach fans that have really been pumping his tires hard since he started to get some PT and it is just baffling to me.

I mean with how young he is, he certainly could become world class if Hecking is fired for Tuchel and TT teaches Oxford what to do with the ball. So I don't like how hard I'm coming down on the kid. But he really is a problem right now...one that Hecking exacerbates by constantly wanting to park the bus & counter the instant even the idea of a lead comes up.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's the kind of match that even winning you must be mad at the team. Completly outplayed and some controversial non-calls for BMG too. Entertaining match, though. With Raffael, we would've won the Borussia's derby :sarcasm:

Yeah, I've been complaining about the performances for most of Stöger's tenure. The promised defensive shoring-up hasn't really come at all, just a healthy dose of luck. Their xG difference is barely above 0, even against some pretty average to bad opponents like Köln or Freiburg. They are really playing like an average team and their luck is making them look like a top 4 team. Stöger hasn't done anything to deserve a permanent spot at BVB. I feel worse about having him long-term now than I did when he came to the club, despite his unbeaten streak.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad