German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Buy: Need a back up GK, a third CB, a starting RB and a back up defensive midfielder who plays more physical than Weigl. If Batshuayi's loan isn't extended, also need a CF.

Good news for you: Sounds like Watzke wants a more physical defensive midfielder.

The bad? He seems to imply Weigl is the back up right now. LMAO.

DV2C6j9WAAANHZt.jpg

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I saw that and I reacted similarly. Weigl hasn't had a good season but unless you are one of the two or three richest clubs in the world, you cant afford to replace good players that easily because of one bad season Watzke doesn't pick the team, so I wouldn't worry.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I hope Dortmund fans don't care about public perception as he'd probably be off to a bigger club again if the perception matched the performances. He has done the bolded, but there are too many other issues with the team right now.

For better or worse star players are always going to be associated with how the team is doing as a whole. Now for Dortmund - and every other club that ultimately sees its best players leave for a paycheck somewhere else - this is of course a quandary. You can keep under-performing and thus keep Goetze's profile relatively low or you can actually win something and then see your top players leave (again). Both options have their flaws..

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
For better or worse star players are always going to be associated with how the team is doing as a whole. Now for Dortmund - and every other club that ultimately sees its best players leave for a paycheck somewhere else - this is of course a quandary. You can keep under-performing and thus keep Goetze's profile relatively low or you can actually win something and then see your top players leave (again). Both options have their flaws..

True, but in Götze's case, people also underestimate him because he's significantly less flashy than he was 5 years ago. For the likes of Pulisic and Weigl, a down year hasn't tempered the expectation that their departure is imminent. Partly due to age as well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hate how much money you guys have. If you couldn't buy up so many kids I like it would be a lot less frustrating to watch Watzke drive that club back into the ground. How I wish I could just enjoy watching him set all of his hard work to save the club on fire.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It's only 6 points and there are 11 rounds left, I think no one below Hertha is safe yet. If HSV can somehow win the direct duels then it's a whole different ballgame.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
It's only 6 points and there are 11 rounds left, I think no one below Hertha is safe yet. If HSV can somehow win the direct duels then it's a whole different ballgame.
You know that team sports has a lot to do with mentality. Many teams are falling apart at some point of the season, because they lack mentality. On top of thst some fans seem to loose patience..
I really think HSV will go this year.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Glad the better Hazard at least doesn't quite have his brother's finish.

like wtf... did they intentionally **** up the pitch?

Weather prevented it from being relaid.

Tie game? Looked like the ball came from Dortmund's defender.

Think it was already offside before that. The Gladbach guy it bounced off before it hit the Dortmund player was offside.

Reactions: John Pedro and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Two years ago this would've been Tuchel v Favre, instead it's archaic coach A v archaic coach B *sigh*

If they can continue to string together some of the passing movements that they started to after the goal, the cooler Borussia just might do the unexpected and get a result without Raffa.

Reactions: Deficient Mode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad