OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Bought and played through Firewatch on Xbox last weekend. It's... Interesting. Don't think I'd recommend to many people, but I'm glad I got to experience. The game was $19.99, so I'd equate the value to a couple movie tickets. Don't think I'll play through it multiple times, but I definitely got ~6 hours entertainment out of it. Man, there's some hard swings in that game... It made me laugh, I felt happy/sad/on-edge. I'm excited to see what Campo Santo does next.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I bought OOTP 18 yesterday, because it was half off on Steam, so only $20.

I was a little hesitant buying another sim game, because I already put a lot of time into Football Manager, but I really have wanted to try OOTP for a number of years.

I like that you can be just a General Manager, and not a Manager as well. I'm not particularly interested in managing games, because there's so many minute decisions over the course of a baseball season, but I really like the idea of being the GM and shaping the team through scouting/drafting, free agent signings, and trying to make shrewd trades.

Going to try to lead the Twins to glory!

MantisTobogganMD

Jul 2, 2017
maybe later, but just saw it in the beta, got two extra keys for xbox if anyone wants them. granlund has his face in too now. excited to play gm mode now

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The new Threes mode is pretty fun in the NHL 18 beta. Arcade hockey pretty much in a small rink, 3v3.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Bought Fallout 4 on sale. Pretty good so far, though I don't really understand all things about it yet.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
For example I found some weapons in some town and I have no idea how to change to a different weapon :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Fallout is definitely a fun game, I might jump back into it soon, I never did end up finishing it.

I jumped back into Skyrim a bit lately, and also back into State of Decay. For a $20 arcade game, State of Decay is a lot of fun. Well, well worth the money.

Man, I would absolutely love if someone like R* did a full fledged GTA sized open world zombie game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
State of Decay is fantastic. Can't wait for the second one, which I'm guessing should be a bit larger scale. Multiplayer is a big plus as well.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also I've been playing Doom for X1. I had never played any of the previous games, but this one is awesome. The level design is great and it's plenty challenging. Definitely one of the best singleplayer shooters I've played in quite some time. For some reason I get a Bioshock vibe from it even though they're not extremely similar. And Bioshock is one of my favorite games ever.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yup, should be amazing if done correctly. Especially co-op, that would get intense. I'm not even a big fan of zombie games either.

I just love the aspect where if a character dies you lose them for good. It makes even standard supply runs feel so much more intense.

The first time I played it I had a character super leveled up in almost every category, he was a real zombie slayer. My own stupidity caused me to get into a situation I couldn't get out of and got him killed. It raises the tension like 10-fold when there are actual consequences for being stupid. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad