OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone here pc game and play counterstrike go/player unknownbattlegrounds/GTA/overwatch?

Been playing counterstrike for years and play that pretty competitively, and have been playing alot of pubg recently. Just bought GTA and Overwatch on sale.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Anyone here pc game and play counterstrike go/player unknownbattlegrounds/GTA/overwatch?

Been playing counterstrike for years and play that pretty competitively, and have been playing alot of pubg recently. Just bought GTA and Overwatch on sale.

Overwatch is fun once you learn the characters.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

CS:GO player here. Playing it regularly on normal matchmaking, no ESEA / Faceit yet. Currently LEM, trying to get to Supreme. Started first on beta 3.1 somewhere around 1999/2000. Played Day of Defeat in the early 2000's, got European Masters bronze 2003 on DoD, kept playing competetive until our team disbanded due to army obligations etc. Started playing CS:GO somewhere around a year ago, been hooked again since. My reflexes aren't the same they used to be when I was 16-19, but the game sense is still there.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
PU:BG is waaaaaaaay too addicting. Still suck at it, still love it. The intensity/adrenaline is unmatched in any other game for me.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Haven't played PUB, but I'm glad more people are recognizing that games with 1 life > mass respawn nonsense.

PUB still feels flawed though, needs more tactical modes. Nothing will beat the intensity of Socom 2!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The big flaw to me is that it's just a little too fast still. I've spent 5+ consecutive minutes just running across the entire map trying to stay in the circle which ends up being on the other side of the map from where I jumped. If you can't find a car, you just start running and hope no one sees you the whole time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Some guys at work were talking about PUBG, they described it like a Hunger Games type thing? You're just loose in this map with a bunch of people, and the last one standing wins?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Some guys at work were talking about PUBG, they described it like a Hunger Games type thing? You're just loose in this map with a bunch of people, and the last one standing wins?

More like Battle Royale. In fact that's the what these games are called, Battle Royale games.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
More like Battle Royale. In fact that's the what these games are called, Battle Royale games.

Yup, you jump off a plane with no gear, scramble to loot and pick up guns, health kits, etc., then try to survive. You can play the game as aggressively or conservatively as you want, but everyone eventually meets in the middle.

It always starts with 90-100 people, and I've gotten top-5 several times without a single kill. Still waiting for that first win.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Rocket League coming to the Switch!

Even more important - Metroid Prime 4!!!!!!

Also, core RPG Pokemon coming to Switch!!!!!

Superstar Saga remake!!!

Really pumped about Nintendo's E3. I was super pumped for Super Mario Odyssey, but I wasn't all that impressed by the trailer. Looked a little bit linear, when they previously said it would be like SM64/SM Sunshine.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Anyone play Elder Scrolls Online? I bought it as I will always have such a huge soft spot for anything Morrowind related, but I can't tell if I like it or not. I'm hoping the controls and combat will grow on me ...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I made the mistake of showing the wife the Mario+Rabids trailer from E3. Now she's ready to go to Gamestop and preorder it. :banghead:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
metroid prime 4? Link?

I believe they just announced it, but didn't show anything from it yet sadly. Probably at least a year and a half away from release is my guess. Hope I'm wrong there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad