OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
unfortunately, Ortega looked too big for Frankie. While he was winning for most of the round, Frankie couldn't enter his way to land clean shots and had to put himself at risk everytime

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
seeing how Kunits is a Jack-Wink fighter, i'm guessing they're following up on the Holly Holm strategy aka The art of bullsh*t to pretend being effective and convince the judges. Almost worked for Holm last time.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
She managed to get the clinch but she didn't have the strength to keep Cyborg there. This is where Holm being a bit taller and stronger made a difference in the last fight.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
can't wait for khabib to paste tony's cringey face in and then challenge mcchicken after he becomes the new champ.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just got done watching last night's card ( I was out of town all day) . Werdum kinda crap the bed didn't he ? He had Volkov where he wanted him early but couldn't do anything and then he got so ridiculously gassed out at the end that all he could do was lay on his back and try and taunt Volkov into grappling with him, which he smartly didn't fall for. Bad performance by the former champ all around.
can't wait for khabib to paste tony's cringey face in and then challenge mcchicken after he becomes the new champ.
Conor will never fight Khabib, it's a terrible matchup for him and he's too smart a business man not to know that. He's looking for giant money fights against established draws now, not guys that will beat him and make a name for themselves at his expanse. Watch him tease it on social media but never actually do it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I see literally zero ways this could happen. Joshua is making very good money as it is, without having to learn a completely different sport. There's not a whole lot of precedent for successful boxing to MMA transition . Even from kickboxing really, outside of a few very notable exceptions.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I’m annoyed DJ vs TJ and Nunes vs Cyborg is taking so long to get finalized. I was hoping for them be in Vegas during July. 3 champ vs champ fights please. I’d go watch it.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I’m annoyed DJ vs TJ and Nunes vs Cyborg is taking so long to get finalized. I was hoping for them be in Vegas during July. 3 champ vs champ fights please. I’d go watch it.

Nunes doesn't want to fight Cyborg because it would, ironically like Nunes did to Rousey, expose her as a sub-par fighter.

TJ vs DJ won't happen anytime soon because DJ thinks he's marketable lol

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nunes is fighting Raquel Pennington in May, I don't know if she'll be able to be on the July card. Even then, she may very well end up fighting Shevchenko again before a Cyborg fight ever materialize. TJ vs DJ is a lot more likely, especially since Dillashaw seems willing to drop to flyweight. Good luck with that by the way, the dude has zero visible fat on his body at Bantam, he'll have to cut one of his legs or something :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad