General Stars Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Dallas on Thursday and was wondering if the Stars will likely hold practice that day at Dr. Pepper Arena or not. I checked their online practice schedule and it only goes thru Thursday. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also if there is anything else Stars-related I could do while in Dallas on Thursday, please let me know!

Yes they practice Thursday in Frisco at 10:30 a.m. Make sure to stay after for autographs. Often times (but not always) several players will come out to sign. Almost never big name players though although Klingberg came out one time. Not sure if you've been to their practice before but just wanted to mention that just in case.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Reposting this here because the Kari defenders need to see it.

During this losing streak, Kari has given up more goals against than any other goalie for a very ugly 3.54 GAA and his save percentage is an abysmal 0.881.

When you look at every massive disappointment in recent years (playoff series against Anaheim, playoff series against the Blues, this record-setting terrible streak), Kari's poor play is a common factor to all of them. I will never understand why Kari gets so many excuses from some fans considering how he lets this team down every time he's asked to do something.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not too many defenders left, and I'm not sure it matters now. I don't think they can bring him back after this losing streak. Would still like to see his 8 game stats broken down by period. Seems like he is okay in the first, average in the second, and stinks it up in the third when the pressure is on, but that is an impression, not having looked it up myself.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Everyone go ahead and put all your vbookie cash into the Stars winning the final 3 games. Now that the games are pretty well meaningless, you are GUARENTEED Kari will play lights out.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Razor had a few interesting nuggets this morning. He said more than he usually does because this season is done.

Wheb talking about how there were only four guys who could produce offense, he said it was disappointing because there was no nternal help to be found. This was an interesting admission about the state of the young guys.

He said one reason for the offensive problems was not getting enough from Spezza. Nothing new there, but he said thing between Hitch and Spezza "soured" from the start. I don't think I've heard a Stars employee describe it that way.

Noted the team's home record was great because Hitch could pick where he played his top line. The road record was terrible because Hitch couldn't figure out how to get them favorable matchups.

Of course, he had to try to find some positive news, so he said he hopes Nichushkin adds a lot of offense next season, but he failed to mention Val has yet to provide a lot of offense at any level as a pro.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think Nichushkin will add "a lot" of offense, but I think he does add some secondary scoring. 30 - 40 points is more than a lot of players on the Stars can contribute, plus his speed can back off the defense, and speed is lacking on the Stars. Nichushkin is probably laughing at the Stars though, every season he missed the Stars missed the playoffs, and every season he's played in the Stars made the playoffs, strange coincidence but there nevertheless. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nichushkin's numbers reflect the coaches playing players who expect to be there a while, and Nichushkin wanted to leave after last season, although its his fault for being a baby about not getting played enough on the Stars. Hopefully he's grown up a little bit plus Radulov can hopefully help him a bit.

Reactions: Kcb12345

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Burnside's close writing friends are pretty high up in The Athletic NHL so im not surprised. I think his stint with the Stars was a strange position for him anyways.

Reactions: Kcb12345

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Not bad for being such a twig:

benenbloggen-640x360.jpg

(Swedish Dallas player at WHC)

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Hey guys. Just wondering how much Hamhuis has left in the tank. Would he be good in a bottom pairing mentor-like role or is he a liability at this point.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Probably has one year left at best. Wore down as season went on. Third pair with some scratches is a possibility to keep him fresh, on a young team for mentoring purposes.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Can you guys give me some insight into Dillon Heatherington? Specifically what type of player he is, if he has an NHL future and what role he projects as in the long-term. Thanks!

He's basically a physical stay home Dman. Not the worst with his breakout passes either, but not great

He wasn't bad with his call up last year, but he's probably a #6 or #7 Dman if he makes the NHL full time

Reactions: Legionnaire11

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
He's basically a physical stay home Dman. Not the worst with his breakout passes either, but not great

He wasn't bad with his call up last year, but he's probably a #6 or #7 Dman if he makes the NHL full time

I believe he's not waiver eligible next year so should be on the NHL roster. I agree thought didn't look out of place during his call up

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Could say Dallas Stars have best team in the league in quality. Right draft + 1-2 transfer Stars are in new semifinal the least about 9 month of future. Maybe Stars meets Coyotes or Avalanche in semifinals.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Could say Dallas Stars have best team in the league in quality. Right draft + 1-2 transfer Stars are in new semifinal the least about 9 month of future. Maybe Stars meets Coyotes or Avalanche in semifinals.

what the

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Stop being so extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad