General Rules & Information (PLEASE READ)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As many of you already know, we've got some new moderators here on the Stars' forum. As such, I feel that it's necessary to rehash some of the basic rules here on HFBoards.

Flaming - Do not insult other posters. Comment on the post, not the poster. There's a simple trick to this - read your post, and figure out what it's directed at. If it's directed at someone on HF, you might want to reconsider. If it's directed at something, then it should be okay.

Trolling - Do not try to incite an argument. Trolling is not tolerated anywhere on HF. This includes targeting fan bases as a whole and using derogatory terms to refer to players, teams, or fans. This also includes posting here about material from another forum. Do not tell others to "check out how awful the trade proposals are on the _____ board!" - this is classified as trolling. Whether it be another team forum or even the main boards, don't do it.

Offensive Posts - The filters are in place for a reason - do not circumvent them. Also, if you wouldn't care to explain what your post means to a child or be caught saying or viewing something at work, do not post it. It's as simple as that. These boards are PG-13, and are going to be moderated as such.

Moderator Abuse - If you're only going to read one thing in this thread, make sure it's this. Disagreeing with a moderator on how something is moderated is perfectly fine. What is not okay is to flame any moderator here (or anywhere), or to publicly disagree with his/her actions. If you disagree, you can either PM a global moderator or a Mod Supervisor, or simply file a complaint at [email protected].

If you see a post that violates any of these rules, do not reply to it - feel free to either report it or shoot one of the moderators a PM about it. We'll respond as soon as possible.

A detailed explanation of each of these rules and many others can be found here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

Be aware that when you sign up for an account here, you agree to follow these rules. If you're not willing to follow them, or willing to change when told you aren't following them, don't bother posting here - you won't be welcome here, and it's not worth your time.

It shouldn't be difficult at all to keep discussion within these guidelines. These rules apply to every forum on HFBoards. We're not out to get you - we're here to make sure that these rules are abided by for your own good.

If you have any questions or concerns at all, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The FAQ for HFBoards has been updated with a new section pertaining to Copyright Infringements. Please see here for more information regarding this: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_copyright_infringement

Site rules has also been updated:

7) Copyrighted Material: Generally you can assume that anything you find online is copyrighted. We prefer you post a synopsis in your own words and the link to the article. It's permissible to quote up to 20 lines of text and you must provide commentary. Links posted with no description (or an inaccurate one) may be removed at the moderators' discretion. DO NOT POST ENTIRE ARTICLES. If you have a question about copyrights see Brad Templeton's 10 Big Myths about copyright explained. Posting and soliciting links to illegal streams is prohibited.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to PM me. I'll answer to the best of my ability or pass it on to an administrator.

Basically, how this applies to you guys is two things - do not ask for streams, and do not post stream links. They'll be removed, and if it becomes an issue, warnings, infractions, and even forum bans could be put in place. Don't want to have to use these for something like this, so let's just work together and make it a non-issue.

Thanks guys,

LT

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm going to open this up, as I am planning on updating the board rules in the next few weeks.

I'd like for you all to post recommendations of things you'd like to see here. Examples include what site rules aren't clear, what board-specific rules you'd like to see (PM'ing me might be best for this one), and what kind of general information you'd like for this thread too provide (a list of all player threads? all GDTs?).

Please note that the site rules are non-negotiable here and everywhere else on HF. I would love to get your input on all of these matters, but some require moderator confidentiality.

If this starts to go wrong, I'll close it up at any time. Please try to keep the discussion serious and relevant (e.g. no joke requests).

Thanks all,
LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean i'm not sure what type of replies you want ?

sabotage-the-system-create-anarchy-d0011039989.png

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Since this is clearly a problem..

DO NOT CIRCUMVENT THE FILTER. TYPE THE FULL WORD AND THE FILTER WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. IF YOU CIRCUMVENT THE FILTER, YOU WILL BE WARNED/INFRACTED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad