General re-cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Hello everyone. I have basically been without internet/hockey news for the last 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and am completely out of the loop. Can someone please give me a general update as to what is going on, without me having to read through 20 threads of information? Thanks.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
Hello everyone. I have basically been without internet/hockey news for the last 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and am completely out of the loop. Can someone please give me a general update as to what is going on, without me having to read through 20 threads of information? Thanks.
same as the last 9 month

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
joepeps said:
same as the last 9 month

That's obviously not the case seeing as though there has been some sort of progress and people are saying there could be a deal done by the end of the month, something must've changed...

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Rumors are the NHL and NHLPA havegreed on a way(s) to count reveune. And in a lot of people opinion that was one of the biggest road blocks in getting a new CBA.. Now that whats revenue has been defined they can now work on other smaller issues. My opinion, expect a deal before July 1st

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
JWI19 said:
Rumors are the NHL and NHLPA havegreed on a way(s) to count reveune. And in a lot of people opinion that was one of the biggest road blocks in getting a new CBA.. Now that whats revenue has been defined they can now work on other smaller issues. My opinion, expect a deal before July 1st

There were also rumours that the season would be saved...

case in point..

NO PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We still in the same boat as sept... :teach:

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
joepeps said:
There were also rumours that the season would be saved...

case in point..

NO PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We still in the same boat as sept... :teach:

We know the same amount as September, but my guess would be progress has been made. Whether or not you want to believe it is a different story. Which is fair, considering how many times we have been burnt...it is obvious the talks are not in the same place as September, we are however...still hockeyless.

X-SHARKIE

Both sides are saying deal done by July, and they will use linkage, a cap ceilling and a cap floor, along with strict revenue sharing.

They have spent about 40 plus hours defining revenue and they seem to have come to an agreement and Daley says progress has continued to be made.

Big meeting this week since they are going to discuss multiple CBA issues.

Cross your fingers it doesn't break up. It's going good right now.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
X-SHARKIE said:
Both sides are saying deal done by July,
Link?

Actually, no need, no one on either side has mentioned that a deal is in any way imminent.

The word is they have made some progress towards the basic framework of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->