#3: Modern Day William Randolph Hearst
#4: This Game Needs A White Girl
#5: "Demonstration On Popping A Cherry" Edition
#6: Shep Harder Edition
#7: "James Sheppard Memorial Popcorn Machine" Edition
#8: Mike Yeo's Hair Conditioner
#9: Beating The Mayans To The End Of The World
#10: Got The Shootout Moves Like Seto
#11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!
#12: vApathy and vDisillusionment
#13: "GopherState Memorial Appreciation" Edition*
#14: The FSN Sisterhood Of The Traveling LaPantas
#15: "Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks" Edition
#16: With A Name Like Zucker, It Has To Be Good
#17: Screw Willy, Free Agency
#18: A Deal With A Devil Caught Us A Predator
#19: The *insert an Olympic Village joke here* Edition
#20: Ryan Suter Always Tips Spurgeon 20%
#21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish
#22: If Hockey's A Sport Best Locked Out, Put On Your Sunday Finest
#23: It's Not Even Fehr
#24: Here's Looking At You, Boogey
#25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out
#26: The #NHLisback Edition
#27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line
#28: Hoppy's Luck Guides Our Puck
#29: Welcome To Pominville-Where Goals Come Better Than Girl Advice
#30: BNTG doesn't have time for your cap
#31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel
#32: It's All Heatley's Fault
#33: In Memory of Sergei Zholtok
#34: GopherState Memorial Appreciation Edition* Memorial Edition
#35: Generic User Finally Gets A Dynamic Title
#36: Because #35 was too Demanding
#37: Warren G Harding Edition
#38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition
#39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000 Edition
#40: Giving Up Winning for Lent Edition
#41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?
#42: The Answer To The Ultimate Question

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bah... hate that we gave up the perfect numbered thread...

BTW - Middle of April...

Just drove 20 miles to work after seeing that out my window... Thank god for Audi quattro All wheel drive! It was rather FUN!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I just drove home about 20 miles in this. There were so many cars in the ditch everywhere. I've just got a Honda Accord, so no AWD for me either. Luckily, I just got new tires last month (not even snow tires). To be honest, I didn't expect it to be this bad.

The wind makes it BRUTAL out in the rural areas. I was too scared to turn left on a divided road, because I couldn't see if any cars were coming from the other direction.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just drove home about 20 miles in this. There were so many cars in the ditch everywhere. I've just got a Honda Accord, so no AWD for me either. Luckily, I just got new tires last month (not even snow tires). To be honest, I didn't expect it to be this bad.

The wind makes it BRUTAL out in the rural areas. I was too scared to turn left on a divided road, because I couldn't see if any cars were coming from the other direction.
The main highways are well plowed, but the side streets have been completely untouched in most places and that's where I've seen most getting stuck.

There was one road I took on the way to work that even bogged down my car a bit trying to get onto... had to drop a gear and get the wheel spin up to keep my momentum to plow through, but plow through the car did! I'm sure the snow tires on my car help too... I actually had considered swapping to the all seasons a week ago, thinking "if we get any snow, it will be minor and mostly just wet roads anyway", but put it off, and now am thankful I did!

I saw other cars stuck in several intersections trying to get into their neighborhood streets with conditions just the same though. The people out shoveling around their car or the driver sitting stationary gunning the engine spinning the tires and making ice so they'll have even a harder time (why do people do that?) getting out than if they'd just get a shovel, dig it out and rock it back and forth until they're free.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The main highways are well plowed, but the side streets have been completely untouched in most places and that's where I've seen most getting stuck.

There was one road I took on the way to work that even bogged down my car a bit trying to get onto... had to drop a gear and get the wheel spin up to keep my momentum to plow through, but plow through the car did! I'm sure the snow tires on my car help too... I actually had considered swapping to the all seasons a week ago, thinking "if we get any snow, it will be minor and mostly just wet roads anyway", but put it off, and now am thankful I did!

I saw other cars stuck in several intersections trying to get into their neighborhood streets with conditions just the same though. The people out shoveling around their car or the driver sitting stationary gunning the engine spinning the tires and making ice so they'll have even a harder time (why do people do that?) getting out than if they'd just get a shovel, dig it out and rock it back and forth until they're free.
Yup, the highways were pretty decent if you're not driving like a madman.

I did see a bunch of people stuck at intersections. I got really lucky to hit only one light my entire way home, and I made it through alright thankfully. I wanted to help people out on the side of the road everywhere, but I just would have gotten stuck myself I'm sure.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Moving sucks. Absolutely exhausted after moving the whole weekend with the SO.

EfKjpiJ.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bah... hate that we gave up the perfect numbered thread...

BTW - Middle of April...

Just drove 20 miles to work after seeing that out my window... Thank god for Audi quattro All wheel drive! It was rather FUN!

Actually, that looks pretty light compared to what i have in the SW metro. Me and my two weightlifting boys had two shoveling marathons yesterday, and another, less tough one this morning. Snow banks are indistinguishable from mid winter ones. What really sucks is when the snowplow comes by, as he scrapes up still melting, icy snow remnants, which makes shovelling the end of the drive a chore.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
At least it'll be 60 degrees by the middle of next week...

I'll believe it when I see it. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Actually, that looks pretty light compared to what i have in the SW metro. Me and my two weightlifting boys had two shoveling marathons yesterday, and another, less tough one this morning. Snow banks are indistinguishable from mid winter ones. What really sucks is when the snowplow comes by, as he scrapes up still melting, icy snow remnants, which makes shovelling the end of the drive a chore.
That was early into it though remember (picture was taken around 4:30pm, only an hour into the heavy stuff yesterday afternoon) , it got heavier still later, and was still snowing pretty heavy this morning here when I got home at 7am...

In fact, looking at the snow depth readings, looks like we have 14 inches here.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
We pretty much stayed home the entire weekend. I went out for pizza on Saturday and was able to successfully navigate the ungodly amounts of snow in my Jeep. Not sure how I ever got by in Minnesota snowfalls without 4 wheel drive.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Good to see you back around, man! Nothing overly exciting here.

What have you been up to?
Working nights, bought a home, have an awesome dog we got at the rescue shelter. Also finally upgraded my phone to something modern the other day. I am liking this v30+.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I just got back from the new Avengers movie. Wasted $30 and 3 hours of my life. I liked about 20 mins of the movie, mostly the 1-liners.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Working nights, bought a home, have an awesome dog we got at the rescue shelter. Also finally upgraded my phone to something modern the other day. I am liking this v30+.
I took my dog to the vet on Thursday for her boosters and a haircut. Spent over 550$ for everything at the end.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Finally watched Logan. What a good movie!

It really was. Sure took a few ugly tries but they got there. It almost made me want to go back and catch up on the 400 superhero movies I missed since whenever Avengers 1/Winter Soldier got me to find other things in life.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It really was. Sure took a few ugly tries but they got there. It almost made me want to go back and catch up on the 400 superhero movies I missed since whenever Avengers 1/Winter Soldier got me to find other things in life.

I'm not a comic book person, and I tried watching the X-men movies. The different timelines thing gets to me and I lost interest. I watched all the Marvel movies (except Black Panther) because the wife likes them. I liked some of them, but too many of them felt like long commercials for the next movie.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I liked some of them, but too many of them felt like long commercials for the next movie.
Haha, that's a great way to put it.

I actually enjoyed Infinity War (mainly because it didn't follow one of the biggest super hero movie tropes that I hate), but as a rule I really do not enjoy super hero movies. And it seems like that's all that's coming out nowadays.

TV is light years ahead of Hollywood, and has been for damn near a decade, IMO.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Infinity war was a very good film, that said... A Quiet Place is still by far the best film I've seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad