OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
They brought in Famous Daves for lunch at the office today. Mmmmm.

Might have to do the old "Oh, there's still food left?!" pass by in a few minutes.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They brought in Famous Daves for lunch at the office today. Mmmmm.

Might have to do the old "Oh, there's still food left?!" pass by in a few minutes.
I have never eaten at Famous Dave's before somehow. It's right up my alley in terms of food I would enjoy, but I've never been there.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Heading to the theater shortly to get to the Star Wars fan event showing tonight... Just finished watching TFA, going to be a great night!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Heading to the theater shortly to get to the Star Wars fan event showing tonight... Just finished watching TFA, going to be a great night!

I watched it too just before we left. :thumbu:

Without getting into any spoilers. I liked TFA more.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My rankings:
  1. Star Wars (OG, Han shot first version)
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. Force Awakens
  4. Rouge 1
  5. Empire Strikes Back
  6. Phantom Menace (hated Jar Jar but really liked the movie otherwise)
  7. Attack of the Clones
  8. Revenge of the Sith
The new movie falls around Phantom Menace for me on the first reaction.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How on earth do you have Jedi above Empire??

I have watched the old movies probably 20 times over the years. I have yet to make it through Empire without falling asleep at some point in the movie. I liked the Ewoks and Jabba's palace so much more than cloud city. :dunno:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I've heard overwhelmingly negative reactions to The Last Jedi. From what I've heard (I've already had most of it spoiled because internet in 2017), it sounds like it's gonna be a matinee watch for me.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Huh? I've heard the opposite. It has 93% on rotten tomatoes. Unless you're talking about reviewers/people you might trust more than a national movie reviewer type person. I know that regardless of what I hear I will like it, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've heard overwhelmingly negative reactions to The Last Jedi. From what I've heard (I've already had most of it spoiled because internet in 2017), it sounds like it's gonna be a matinee watch for me.

It was a good movie as far as movies go. If it would have come out after Revenge of the Sith it would be praised by almost everyone. Force Awakens and Rouge 1 set bar pretty high, and (imo) Last Jedi falls short of those movies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Really enjoyed TLJ, loved how it subverted my expectations and I thought it was really good.

There are some legit gripes about it, but a lot of what I am reading online is of the “this movie doesn’t fit my headcannon” variety.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think I'm the only person on HF who doesn't really like Star Wars. :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think I'm the only person on HF who doesn't really like Star Wars. :laugh:
You're not alone. I remember going to see the original on opening night in the 70's with a beautiful girl, who couldn't stop chattering about it. She was entranced, as was the audience, who broke into spontaneous cheers and applause at the end.
I felt like I was the only person in the place who thought, " Eh..."

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You're not alone. I remember going to see the original on opening night in the 70's with a beautiful girl, who couldn't stop chattering about it. She was entranced, as was the audience, who broke into spontaneous cheers and applause at the end.

This is how I feel about most of the new Marvel movies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

57 is your favorite restaurant in MPLS Broders at 50th and Penn?

Do you like pizza?

Go across the street and get my pops pizza at Lake Harriet Pizza. It is the best IMO pizza you'll find in MPLS. When I say it's quality ingredients and my dad knows the business after 40 years, I mean it. No cheap anything in that 'za. I'm biased obviously, I worked there as a teen and through eight years of school.

I miss it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
57 is your favorite restaurant in MPLS Broders at 50th and Penn?

Do you like pizza?

Go across the street and get my pops pizza at Lake Harriet Pizza. It is the best IMO pizza you'll find in MPLS. When I say it's quality ingredients and my dad knows the business after 40 years, I mean it. No cheap anything in that 'za. I'm biased obviously, I worked there as a teen and through eight years of school.

I miss it.

Yes, i love Pizza. I've seen the Lake Harriet Pizza but have never gone in...my son has had it and said it was really good...we'll have to check it out soon.

BTW, both my kids were born in the PNW. One on Vancouver island, and one in Kirkland.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yes, i love Pizza. I've seen the Lake Harriet Pizza but have never gone in...my son has had it and said it was really good...we'll have to check it out soon.

BTW, both my kids were born in the PNW. One on Vancouver island, and one in Kirkland.

Please do!

Funny, I lived in Kirkland for two years. I am now on Bainbridge Island. I have made it to Vancouver but not Vancouver Island, but I'd love to go.

Kirkland was a pretty good place, but super expensive- beyond just the normal West Coast expensive. Not that Bainbridge is cheap...I miss MN. But the wifey will never move to MN with the cold winters.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad