OT: General OT Stuff (Infinity+3)(No Politics/Spoilers, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Kinda surprised at Marvel/Netflix having the forethought to have some darker/weightier series.
Its really smart...plays well on the small screen and the Netfilx binge watching platform.

I doubt these are stand alone movies that could make a bunch of money for studios with a R rating and big budget...but make them for a target audience on Netflix with no rating issues to deal with? Genius idea really.

Deadpool, on the other hand, likely doesn't have the source material for a series....but they can take that long shot risk with the hard R rating since he has such a following. Really looking forward to that one.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Captain America Civil War trailer :handclap:

Huge cast for this one, especially for a non Avengers movie. Confirmed appearances on IMDB by Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Bucky, War Machine, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant Man, Falcon, and Spider Man to go along with Iron Man and Captain America. Also some rumors I read have Hulk showing up at some point but those are not confirmed.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
who is ready for the navy houston game friday at 12pm on abc? if navy wins they have a great chance for a bcs bowl on new years against an sec team or a big ten team

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Hulu is so much better without ads. Always sucked when it would crash, and then make you sit through ads again when you restarted. Tried Netflix for a while over the summer, but I just couldn't get past the UI/Menu system. Terrible

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hulu is so much better without ads. Always sucked when it would crash, and then make you sit through ads again when you restarted. Tried Netflix for a while over the summer, but I just couldn't get past the UI/Menu system. Terrible

True. The Netflix set top UI is awful. About the only chance you have if you're viewing on a television is to hit their website via computer and start adding titles to your profile viewing list, then call that up on the television. If you're viewing exclusively through a tablet or using chromecast I think it's less of an issue.

When they were being throttled by Verizon a few years ago I had to run shows on my laptop and HDMI out to the television because the regular connection would buffer every 25 seconds. But VZ wasn't smart enough to throttle the net connection.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Even though I have the 1st gen amazon fire tv which has the netflix app the chromecast/netflix android app just feels like a much smoother UI experience.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Finally started binge watching Breaking Bad about 10 days ago. Just finished Season 4 last night. I'd heard all the comments, yeah yeah it's great and all, I'm just not a big fan of Cop/crime, Lawyer, Dr, shows, but this didn't disappoint. The Writing and Directing is superb, not to mention the acting of course. The plot lines and how every person ties in somehow. It's like they rarely introduced a character without it being tied in some back channel way to the rest of the plot. And the Season 4 Finale....Wow.... FACE OFF is the title. So awesome.

Jessica Jones next for me.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
So...8 days until Star Wars.

Yeah...I'm ready.

I'm still hoping with all the Luke secrecy and mystery...he shows up late in the movie when it looks as if all is lost, Obi Wan style in a sense....and just ****s all kinds of **** up. Like stand up out of your seat whooping and hollering kinda ****.

That would make me smile.

Either way...Its going to be nice going to the theater to see it unfold.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

Yeah...I'm ready.

I'm still hoping with all the Luke secrecy and mystery...he shows up late in the movie when it looks as if all is lost, Obi Wan style in a sense....and just ****s all kinds of **** up. Like stand up out of your seat whooping and hollering kinda ****.

Got my tickets. Seeing it here in PA on the IMAX screen on Saturday Dec 19.

I really think I might have to avoid the internet from now until next Saturday. I want to be as spoiler free as possible. I saw the two teasers and the official trailer, and thats it, and thats the way I want it to remain. In 1999 the reviews of TPM that came out on Rotten Tomatoes claiming the movie was a dud RUINED the experience for me. I'm not letting that happen this time 'round.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Yeah I'm locking my iphone/ipad away starting Thursday morning or whenever anything starts remotely coming out. Ive already read most likely to happen spoilers...so Im not worried about knowing some of the potential plot....I just don't want to be ruined by any surprises that they are obviously keeping secret.

Sep 19, 2008
MaXZlDR.jpg

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Yeah...I'm ready.

My expectations are medium low but I think also since I rarely go to the theater and just wait for the bluray release invariable one is going to encounter the spoilers. That said I will try and hit Star Wars in the theater. Maybe the 2nd weekend midnight showing somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad