General opinions on these prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Im dying to hear some good insight on the following players, anything from who they relate to (comparison), to when they could make there respected club, to also how many pts they could see in the prime..

*note, some arent prospects anymore, but i figured since they are young, might as well add them in since its been a year or 2..

Dustin Brown - LAK
Konstantin Pushkarev

Johan Franzen - Det
Jiri Hudler - Det
Igor Grigorenko - Det
Valterri Filppula - Det
Evan McGrath - Det
Kyle Quincey - Det
Jimmy Howard - Det

Marc-Antoine Pouliot - Edm

Tomas Fleischmann - Wsh

Alexander Picard - Cbj

TJ Hensick - Col

Sean Bergenheim - Nyi

Marek Zagrapan - Buf

Loui Eriksson - Dal

Lukas Kaspar - Sj

Kristopher Letang - Pit

Dan Ryder - Cgy
Kris Chucko - Cgy

Mikhail Grabovsky - Mtl

Roman Voloshenko - Min

Anton Babchuk - Car

Thanks a ton!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Grabovsky is turning into a very solid player in the RSL, his speed creates a lot of chances for him, very fast and can hit top speed in a few strides. Can play center or wing, has good hands and vision. Was an All Star in the RSL this year, had a breakout year last season (his 2nd after coming over from the EEHL) and last year he was one of the top players for Belarus at the WC's.

No idea if or when he will come over. In an interview he did say he wanted to come over but thought another year or two in the RSL would be better for him, the intereview was last year. The Habs could really use his offensive skills in Hamilton next year, so I would guess that Gainey would try and get him signed this summer. His lack of size/strength will likely hurt him at the NHL level but if his offensive game can develop he could perhaps be a solid 2nd liner for the Habs.

Imo he's easily one of the Habs more underrated prospects if there's such a thing. Perhaps one of the Russian posters can add more but from what I've seen of him over there and at the WC's, I look forward to seeing what he can do over here. Impossible to say how he will handle the small ice, but boy is he fast. Hopefully he can establish some chemistry with Kostitsyn as they were linemates for both junior and senior National Teams.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
voloshenko has top 6 ability, probably projects as a goal scoring 2nd line winger.

He has a great shot, improved skating, and great attitude.

He could net 30+goals consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad