Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Too many players are "Black Aces" NOW, SO the above isn't happening, otherwise, Czarnik would be up as soon as the season ended.....

Just googled this looks like most teams will carry

4 or 5 forwards

3 or 4 dmen

1 or 2 goalies

So some of these guys will be told to stick around and skate.

Bruins currently have 3 forwards and 1 dman.

Donato
Wingels
Gionta
Holden

Pick and choose 3/4 more to stick around.

I’m guessing
Czarnik
Swarez
Cross
Postma
McIntire

Are hanging around til mid June.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Just googled this looks like most teams will carry

4 or 5 forwards

3 or 4 dmen

1 or 2 goalies

So some of these guys will be told to stick around and skate.

Bruins currently have 3 forwards and 1 dman.

Donato
Wingels
Gionta
Holden

Pick and choose 3/4 more to stick around.

I’m guessing
Czarnik
Swarez
Cross
Postma
McIntire

Are hanging around til mid June.
Keyser you already forgot

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I believe Blidh will become a FA in July. There are several ahead of him in line for roster spots. I haven't read many glowing reports on JFK yet. He' steady, good hockey IQ, etc. But nothing that puts him far above the competition.
Blidh is restricted. I believe they will tender him an offer and he will fight it out with few other guys for 4th line left side/extra forward. I think he has an excellent chance to make the team if Schaller doesn’t resign which I believe he won’t.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Should I be shocked at the amount of support a complete plug like Anton Blidh gets?

Absolutely, but then again, some here continue to have a fascination with agitating grinders.

I don't see Schaller here next season, and Fitzgerald will possibly take his place. There will also be Gabrielle in a couple of years, and both those guys have way more talent than Blidh.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Should I be shocked at the amount of support a complete plug like Anton Blidh gets?

at least Byron Bitz popped a massive 8 goals as a Bruin to have earned his legendary status here for a brief time, Blidh hasn`t earned that yet:laugh:

Only seen him in a few NHL games, seems like a hard working kid but I`m with you, not sure why he gets the time here he does when the B`s have 3 guys all on the 4th line this season who, IMO, bring far more than he would

as Estlin said, Fitzy is a guy who I think might be one who breaks camp with the club next season

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I like Blidh but he is a liability the way he runs around looking for the big hit.

He’s too reckless for my taste and until he learns to harness that, I’m ok with him staying in Providence.

I think Czarnik and Fitzy are going to fight for an open spot.

I guarantee every prospect is eyeing the games in China and using that as motivation this summer.

They are going to have to prove themselves off the bat to make it on to the roster for those exhibition games.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I liked what I've seen of Cehlarik at the NHL level, but the dude can't seem to stay healthy.

I know- I like him a lot. Of all our prospects at Providence right now, he has shown me the most in the NHL in terms of potential (possibly excepting Czarnik) but it seems like it's every other week with an injury. Hopefully it is just a weird tough patch for him and not an ongoing thing that derails his career.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know- I like him a lot. Of all our prospects at Providence right now, he has shown me the most in the NHL in terms of potential (possibly excepting Czarnik) but it seems like it's every other week with an injury. Hopefully it is just a weird tough patch for him and not an ongoing thing that derails his career.

Well I am not sure he has the most potential (I'd argue for Frederick and Zboril over him in terms of potential). Cehlarik, is a good combination of potential, and NHL readiness. Other than possibly staying healthy, PC has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well I am not sure he has the most potential (I'd argue for Frederick and Zboril over him in terms of potential). Cehlarik, is a good combination of potential, and NHL readiness. Other than possibly staying healthy, PC has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.

Yeah, I should have clarified- Cehlarik out of the guys that have played NHL games that are in Providence- not necessarily top end "how good they can be" potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad