Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Divver reporting Porter likely done for the season. Big loss because regardless of how old he is, he hits clean and hard which is a rarity in today’s AHL.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Like the Kings and Ducks...

And where are the Kings and Ducks right now?

Swept onto the golf course with the brooms of 4-game sweeps.

The days of big heavy teams without speed and skill are over under the current NHL rule-book.

You can have size, but you better have the speed and skill to go with it.

Reactions: FanSince72

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
And where are the Kings and Ducks right now?

Swept onto the golf course with the brooms of 4-game sweeps.

The days of big heavy teams without speed and skill are over under the current NHL rule-book.

You can have size, but you better have the speed and skill to go with it.
Yeah... that was my point

Reactions: BruinDust

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
The Smurfs in Vegas have won five straight playoff games....and have only allowed 3 goals in those five games.

Speed kills. One can never ever have enough speed.

It's a new game now boys.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Smurfs in Vegas have won five straight playoff games....and have only allowed 3 goals in those five games.

Speed kills. One can never ever have enough speed.

It's a new game now boys.

Vegas are "smurfs"? They have 3 players under 6'0'' tall on the team, and one is Brad Hunt who doesn't even dress.

Reactions: BBB24

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
LV up 2-0 midway thru the first. Fitzgerald and Cehlarik are out, unknown if they are injured.

Big scrum in the LV corner after a clean hit by Czarnik on Myers.

Cross and Szwarz with 10 minute miscuonducts.

With no Tyler Randell-type on the team, the Phantoms' Tyrell Goulbourne is free to get in Bruins' players faces, smile and laugh, etc.

Bruins down 3-1 to start the 3rd.

Th LV announcer is a complete clown. Every replay contradicts the nonsense he says.

Last edited:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Providence lost 4-3 in OT to Lehigh Valley in a wild game 4 that ended their season. LV scored 3 straight goals on Binnington in 14 SOG in the first period. He was pulled for the remainder of the game and McIntyre stopped 13 of 14 SOG to keep them in it.

Providence poured 52 SOG to tie it at 3-3 before losing in OT. Cross had 7 and Blidh had 6.

Goals: Cross, Blidh & Czarnik

Assists: Agostino (2), Szwarz, Breen, Kuhlman & Postma

Game report: https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/game_r ... &lang_id=1

Reactions: LouisSleigher

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
Is it just me or has McIntyre taken a step back this year? Never having seen him play and just going by the stats and game reports I don't know if he is the choice to be the backup to Task next year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Wondering if any if the Baby B's will become the Black Aces for Boston for the remainder of the playoffs.

My choices, Holden, Czarnik, Cehlarik and Fitz.

Well Holden has always been an extra. Unless you meant Postma. Not sure how many we can carry but I’m sure we see:

FORWARDS: Czarnik, Szwarz, Cehlarik (if not injured)

DEFENSE: Postma, Cross

GOALIE: McIntyre

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Why didn't McIntyre start this game?
Binnington has been the much better goalie this year. Tough call because they are trying to advance Zane’s career at the same time as winning a series to get their kids playoff experience. Zane started game 1 and apparently gave up a brutal goal. I didn’t see any of that game. The goal Zane gave up in OT last night was really disappointing. Terrible angle. I’m not a goalie evaluator but I’d have to say he took a step back this year.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bring up Czarnik for sure, he was very good the last time he played and deserves a chance if needed.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Kind of surprised Studnicka didn't get into a playoff game. He did pretty well in his regular season tryout at the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->