OT: General College Hockey Talk

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can't seem to find the generic college hockey talk thread that we used to have.

So, here we go.

As a proud CU alum, I am really happy with how both teams are off to a good start to the season.

And I got lucky in that my son's team has a tourney in Niagara Falls the weekend that the Clarkson Men play at Canisius.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LOL - I was going to start a new college hockey thread sometime later today. The previous college hockey thread like many useful threads here looks like it got deleted when we switched over to the new website. I think that thread was close to 1000 messages anyway so I was going to just start a new one. New College Hockey Season - New Thread.

Clarkson - Cool - I like to root for Clarkson mainly because my last name is in the schools name. I always joke with my Dad when the name Clarkson comes up that I should have gone there (I went to Buffalo State after going to NCCC) - probably would have got a discount due to the last name etc. One time I was thinking of getting a Clarkson jersey just so I can remember my last name. LOL! Nice that your sons tourney - same weekend as Clarkson plays Canisius which is being played on Saturday, December 2 - 7:30 pm ET at the HarborCenter. As of right now, I have no conflicts so hopefully I'll be attending. Go Canisius there though!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Canisius Hockey‏ @GriffsHockey - Oct 13 -
GAMEDAY | #Griffs open the regular season with a 7:35 @Atlantic_Hockey contest against @RMUMHockey at @HARBORCTR
Starters - C - Schmelzer - LW - McLaughlin - RW - Parrottino D - Heath - Mazza - G - Hofley.

1st | 9:18 | Robert Morris gets the first goal of the game. Graham flicks in the rebound off the Ferguson shot.
#Griffs down 1-0.
1st | 10:26 | Bennett charged with checking from behind; five-minute major and game misconduct.
Chamberland serving penalty.
1st | 13:13 | RMU tacks another goal as Louria spins around in front and beats Hofley over the stick side shoulder.
#Griffs trail 2-0.
End 1st | Canisius down 2-0. RMU goals at 9:18 and 13:13.

2nd | 15:48 | Lynch slaps in the Colonials’ third goal of night. #Griffs behind 3-0.
End 2nd | Canisius down 3-0 to RMU. Lynch with Colonials goal in the period at 15:48.

3rd | 4:58 | CANISIUS GOAL! Hutchison on the PP off the assist from Chamberland!
#Griffs fighting back, down 3-1.
3rd | 7:00 | CANISIUS GOAL! “The Captain” Schmelzer flys down the ice, crosses over a defender, and flicks it in.
#Griffs down 3-2.
3rd | 9:57 | CANISIUS GOAL! McLaughlin trickles the puck across the goal line. Assists from Long and McLeod.
#Griffs tied 3-3.
3rd | 16:00 | RMU gets the go-ahead goal off the stick of Dorowitz. Assists to Coleman and Moore.
#Griffs down 4-3.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Canisius Hockey‏ @GriffsHockey - Oct 14 -
#Griffs Starters - C: Hutchison - LW: Pereira - RW: Chamberland - D: Stander - Edmondson - G: Urbani.

1st | 6:14 | CANISIUS GOAL! McLaughlin shuffles the puck in the net off the assists from Parrottino and Schmelzer.
#Griffs lead 1-0.
1st | 6:41 | RMU Goal | RMU answers right back as Louria walks into the #Griffs zone and backhands it in.
Game tied 1-1.
9:37 | CANISIUS GOAL! | Hutchison on the PP breaks through the RMU defense and powers it home.
Assisted by Heath. #Griffs lead 2-1.
End 1st | Canisius 2, RMU 1 - Goals: CAN - Hutchison (9:37), McLaughlin (6:14); RMU - Louria (6:41).

2nd | 11:51 | CANISIUS GOAL! | Hutchison notches another from up close as Hoover and Heath find him for the assists. #Griffs lead 3-1.
End 2nd | Canisius 3, RMU 1. Hutchison adds on to the #Griffs lead at 11:51.
Scoring Change: Edmondson credited with the second assist on the first Hutchison goal.
Scoring Change: Second assist on Hutchison second goal changed from Heath to Stief.

3rd | 9:38 | CANISIUS GOAL! | Sabatini lights the lamp on the 6-on-5 attack on the delayed penalty to RMU.
#Griffs go ahead, 4-1.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Canisius Hockey @GriffsHockey -
Nick Hutchison is a @HEROSportsHKY HERO of the Week nominee.
Be sure to vote for him here - http://bit.ly/2kXa54H

Player Of The Week - Nick Hutchison - Canisius - Forward -
Sophomore - Hicksville, NY/Salmon Arm Silverbacks.

Hutchison recorded three goals in two games against Robert Morris as Canisius split with the Colonials. Hutchison scored the Golden Griffs' first goal in Friday's contest, igniting a three-goal comeback which tied the game at three in the third period. Canisius would go on to lose that game, however, but Hutchison was key as the Golden Griffs rebounded to earn their first win of 2017-2018. He scored two goals in Saturday's 4-1 victory over Robert Morris.

LaxSabre - I''ll show the love for the two RIT guys in a post later today.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@NiagaraUHockey -
CURRAN! 1-0 lead as Johnny storms the RPI goal and buries his backhand chance top shelf!
CURRAN AGAIN! Noah Delmas streaks up the right wing and finds Curran back door for the tap-in goal! 2-0 lead!
MAKE IT 3-0! Derian Plouffe finds Noah Delmas for a power-play goal 39 seconds into the period!
Two quick goals for RPI make it a one-goal game. Hayhurst and Reisinger with the tallies for the Engineers.
Late power play for RPI after Sean King gets called for boarding. 3:49 left to play here at Dwyer.
1:45 left - Will Reilly ties it for RPI. 3-3 game.
60 minutes aren't enough to settle this one, we're heading to overtime 3-3.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Canisius Hockey‏ @GriffsHockey -
2nd | 1:10 | CANISIUS GOAL! | Pereira deposits the gorgeous feed from Hutchison for the PP goal and his first of the year. #Griffs lead 1-0.
2nd | 1:28 | Colgate goal | Raiders score :18 seconds later as McMann lights the lamp. Assist by Cosgrove. #Griffs tied 1-1.
2nd | 15:31 | Colgate goal | Meyer squeezes one in past Urbani. Assists to Jeanson and Snodgrass. #Griffs down 2-1.
2nd | 16:23 | Colgate goal | Cosgrove fires one in from close range. Assist goes to Cockrell. #Griffs trail 3-1.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Colgate Men's Hockey @ColgateMIH -
RAIDERS GOAL! Bobby McMann puts home a wraparound goal to even up the score less than a minute after Canisius' goal!
RAIDERS GOAL! Paul Meyer puts home the first goal of his career to give the Raiders a 2-1 lead with 4:29 left in the 2nd!
RAIDERS GOAL! Now Cosgrove gets the first of his career! It's now 3-1 with 3:37 left in the 2nd period!
Canisius scores 34 seconds into the 3rd period to cut the Raiders' lead to 3-2.
Canisius blasts one off the post with a minute left and waved off by the official, and 30 seconds later the Raiders get an empty-netter!
(LaxSabre - They are reviewing the Canisius shot that hit the post. They are now calling it a goal and the Colgate empty-netter is canceled - we have a tie game! with less than a minute remaining.)
WOW! Canisius gets the extra-attacker goal. So we're now all tied 3-3 and they put 59.6 seconds back up on the clock.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Niagara Hockey‏ @NiagaraUHockey -
Late power play in the second period AND A GOAL! Derian Plouffe puts a shot off the pads and Johnny Curran one-times the rebound home! Noah Delmas with the other assist. Score - Union 3 Niagara 1 #BleedPurple

RPI Men's Hockey‏ @RPI_Hockey -
8-3 winners! Seven players record multiple points.
Liljegren (2-1-3), Hayhurst (1-2-3) and E. Ohrvall (0-3-3). Marshall saves 33!
RIT Tiger Hockey‏ @RITMHKY -
RIT suffers a tough 8-3 loss against @RPI_Hockey - SOG for the game were 36-26 in favor of the Tigers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad