GDT: World Junior Championships 2013 - Discussion III

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
i dont like that attitude. we'd be taunting the russians as well, and thats great. its awesome when you can taunt your rivals and get them and their fans fired up, dont lose next time and you wont have to worry about it.

You have every right to taunt the opponent.

It's well within your right as a superior athlete/team.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Oh boy...:shakehead

Winning with class is something I've always valued very highly, It a shame it's not unanimous opinion

Nope.

When you're better than the opponent...you are in the position to let it be known. What will happen?

No one had a problem with taunting (Canadians doing it to others) until now.

Now it's a huge issue because it's done against us.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh boy...:shakehead

Winning with class is something I've always valued very highly, It a shame it's not unanimous opinion

Me too .. Just ridiculous of the Russians to do that .. I'm really disappointed by those on Team Canada that have done it too and may do it in the future, it's uncalled for

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just saw the highlights. OT goal was nice, but terrible defensive play.

Very classy by some Russian players after the goal, taunting the Canadian bench :shakehead

Yeah it is annoying, but the best guarantee against being taunted is to win yourself.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Nope.

When you're better than the opponent...you are in the position to let it be known. What will happen?

No one had a problem with taunting (Canadians doing it to others) until now.

Now it's a huge issue because it's done against us.

What will happen? You'll be perceived as and arrogant ******* that's what. And it reflects poorly on our country.

Taunting is just an insecurity for those who need to compensate and are not confident in their own ability.

Also who was the last Canadian player to do something similar to this? I know it hasn't been in the last 4 years.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
What will happen? You'll be perceived as and arrogant ******* that's what. And it reflects poorly on our country.

Taunting is just an insecurity for those who need to compensate and are not confident in their own ability.

Also who was the last Canadian player to do something similar to this? I know it hasn't been in the last 4 years.

... but you won... therefore id assume youd be confident in your own ability... when you beat an opponent you hate, its okay to taunt. i loved it when i saw ovechkin and the rest of the russians crying that one year :yo:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Got to say Biggs looked really good in the final. Also liked Nilssons play. Good picks by the Leafs.

Congratulations to team USA, they where the best team for the whole tournament, I am still mighty proud of the Swedish team despite the loss.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Yet we had no problem with any Canadian player doing it up until now...when we are a terrible hockey team getting our lunch fed to us.

Better tell that to every Canadian team up until this year....and even Malcolm Subban in the shootout the other game when he stopped both shots.

Malcolm Subban.

x94Galchenyuk94x*

Taunting during the game is a lot different than after.

Once you have actually won there is no need to taunt an opponent, you already proved yourself to be the better team.

Classless by the Russians there.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I hope next year Canada gets a coach that doesn't run a beer league system and that they get some defensemen that can actually play DEFENSE.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
At the risk of sounding anti-Rielly....

I agree.

I love Rielly as a prospect, but he did not have a tournament, but he was by far one of the better defensemen on the team. Dear lord, Hamilton and Murphy were a disgrace

Kyle Doobas*

I literally had to turn a couple of the games off because watching Murphy try to be Superman was so annoying to watch. He's like that Pejorative Slur on NHL 13 who doesn't know where the pass button is and just lugs the puck up the ice until someone forces a turnover.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The blame starts on the coaching staff though. There was no system what so ever. No set plays to break out of their zone, no neutral zone or D-zone coverage.

Absolute disgrace. The defense was horrid. There should be 3 puck movers and 3 defensive defensemen on a team. Not 6 all offense puck rushers that have no clue in their own end (not all defensemen looked bad), but the defense as a whole was atrocious.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The blame starts on the coaching staff though. There was no system what so ever. No set plays to break out of their zone, no neutral zone or D-zone coverage.

Absolute disgrace. The defense was horrid. There should be 3 puck movers and 3 defensive defensemen on a team. Not 6 all offense puck rushers that have no clue in their own end (not all defensemen looked bad), but the defense as a whole was atrocious.

Hamilton - Oulette
Harrington - Rienhart
Corrado - Ceci

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->